Sequel: Going to Hell

Devil's Backbone

Chapter Twelve

A week had passed since Sam an Dean arrived at this small little town in Colorado, finding Cas staked out in a motel. He was on the run from heaven, a price on his head for helping the Winchesters.

As soon as Cas saw Aria, he became concerned. As he slid his hand deep inside of Aria, she did not stir. The angels forehead creased, his eyes closed, his lips a tight, line line as he concentrated on the task at hand. An hour later, Cas finally found the source of her sickness.

When Aria had touched the amulet, the power was so strong that it wrapped around her soul, trying to turn her into a demon. But something inside of Aria was preventing her from turning.

As the angel surged his mind forward, he found the source of the power. A bright, peacock blue mist swirled around her lilac colored aura, wrapping loosely around her own. Cas reached forward and read this strange, alien light, to find the presence of the younger Winchester.

True soul mates, that was something Cas had never come into contact with. To have two actual souls fused as one, was very rare. Cas was certain that if he read Sam's soul, he would find a piece of lilac colored mist.

So, a week later, Aria found herself standing in the doorway of the living room, her small hands placed around the cold bottle of beer. Condensation started at the top of the amber glass, collecting into her palms, but she didn't notice. Her focus was on the man sitting on the couch. His legs were propped up on the coffee table, his face contoured into anger and confusion. She was a little bit afraid of Sam when he was like this, his anger so unpredictable lately. He was so much different than the Sam she knew four years ago. What could have possibly have happened to make him so rough around the edges? If she knew any better, she could have sworn Sam was becoming his brother.

She made up her mind quickly and walked into the living room before she had a chance to back out of the whole thing. She thrust her hand in front of him, showing off the beer. A half smile pressed upon her full lips. Scotch-colored eyes flicked up to see Aria standing before him, offering the beer. A blue dress barley skimmed the top of her thighs, showing off her silky bare legs. He slid his hands around the bottle, his fingers touching hers. A small cry escaped her lips as his fingers grabbed her wrist, pulling her down onto him. Strong hands lifted her onto his lap, her knees on either side of his thighs.
“I think we keep skirting around this..problem.” His finger slowly moved along her bare thigh as his eyes bore a hole into her.
“What's that?.” His rough hands slid along the top of her thighs, his calloused skin rasping against her softness. Aria let out a sigh and tipped her head back, offering up her neck. She sighed as chapped, full lips nibbled her skin.

Their moans both turned into one of frustration, as the cabin door flung open and Dean strode into the room, a smile on his face. “ I found Kurio.”