Sequel: Going to Hell

Devil's Backbone

Chapter Fourteen

Aria was a nervous wreck as she waited for Sam to come back from finding Kurio. It had been days since the brothers left and she didn't know what to do with herself.

She tried his cellphone several times, but it always dumped her into his voice mail. The first couple of messages were short and brief. Call me. I'm worried.

On the fifth day, Aria was beside herself. She sat on the couch, her knees to her chest as she stared into the fire. She moved her eyes away from the dancing flames, to see her flip phone that was sitting next to her thigh. With a shuddering breath, she flipped the phone open to see the screen background.

She had taken it a couple of weeks ago, when they were trying to find Kurio. He was lounging on the bed, his long frame stretched out in front of him. His lap top was open and she just stood there and looked at him. She felt something stirring inside of her, something that she thought was dead. She realized, as she watched Sam do some research, that she was in love with him. How else could she explain thinking how handsome he looked just doing a simple task.

She opened her eyes as she heard his deep voice, instructing on her to leave a message. “Sam, please call me back,” She sucked in her breath as she felt the tears sting her eyes. “I need to know you are Okay..I...I..I need to hear your voice...I need to tell you that I lov...” She stopped as the last word caught in her throat, the word feeling so thick. “Please...”

She had heard a door open and she turned around, the phone still pressed to her ear. It took her a few seconds to realize she was really looking at him. Her eyes swept up his plaid shirt to see the dried blood caked into the blue. They traveled up to his face to see the cut on the side of his lip, the gash on his cheek and dirt and blood caked into his skin. All of that did not matter to her a she flung her phone to the floor and she ran to him. With a sob, Sam caught her as her legs slid around his waist and her head pressed into his chest.

She heard a second set of footsteps and she lifted her head up from Sam's chest so see Dean standing behind them. She jumped out of Sam's arms and walked up to Dean as she noticed Kurio had come up behind him. Her eyes slid black and Aria lunged for her.

“You brought that bitch in this house!” Aria screamed as Same tried to restrain her.
♠ ♠ ♠
OK Here is the background screen

phone