Sequel: Going to Hell

Devil's Backbone

Chapter Six

She wasn't sure where she was when she woke up, all she knew was, she had a pounding head ache and felt like she had been on a three day drinking binge. It took her a good five minutes before she got out of bed. As soon as she raised her body off the mattress, a wave of dizziness and nausea over came her.

She was in some kind of cabin that was at least a hundred years old. The floor creaked under her weight as she walked over to a chair, where she had spotted something folded up in a neat pile.

It was a fresh change of clothes. Sitting next to the pile, on the floor was a large green army bag. Inside this bag, was everything she would need as far as toiletries. Someone had put some thought into this gift. A shower sounded awesome, but did this dump even have running water?

As soon as she slid under the warm spray, she was mistaken. Not only did it have water, but it was the best damn pressure she had ever had, aside from John's place. A knot formed in her stomach as she thought to John. He was dead. No thanks to that woman in the garage. But, she had heard her mention to Dean that John had been out to kill her. But why?

She rinsed the soap out of her hair and her body, dried off with a huge fluffy towel and slid on the clothes that had been selected for her. It wasn't really her style, a purple and black plaid shirt, tight fitting jeans and a pair of low hell brown suede boots. But, she couldn't complain as she looked at herself in the mirror. The clothes did look pretty good on her. She took her curly red hair and placed it into a high ponytail, a few copper tendrils framed her ivory colored skin.

With her porclein skin, her fiery red hair and her Irish green eyes, Aria had been told she was a looker. Although she never really felt it, she still considered herself that gangly teen who was made fun of constantly. Not until Sam came along, was she made to feel beautiful.

Then, she heard raised voices coming from somewhere below her. She slowly opened the bathroom door straining to hear. She bit her lower lip and slowly walked down the hallway, hearing the voices get louder.

“Dammit Sam! She's being hunted by the King of Hell and you wanted to bring her hear?”

“We have to do something Dean! “

“How in the hell do you think we can trust her?” Dean's voice was husky as it echoed off the log beams.

“You should talk! Why don't we discuss that demon you're screwing? Huh? Can we trust her?”

It grew quiet as Aria slowly walked down the steps to see both brothers facing each other, staring each other down. They were arguing about her, if they should trust her or not.

“I want to know what the hell is going on here?” Aria finally spoke up, making both brothers jump and turned to face her.