Sequel: Going to Hell

Devil's Backbone

Chapter Eight

Aria didn't know what to do with herself while Dean and Kurio left. It was a good six hour trip each way to her house. So, she had to kill some time.

She was pretty sure that Sam was feeling the same way because he tried to keep away drop me her. He found odds and ends to do around the cabin. The squeaky cabinet door in the kitchen was replaced. Every door in that place was checked and rechecked in the hopes of not thinking about her, but it was proving futile to say the least.

Every room that he had gone into, smelled like her. It was a smell he couldn't compare anything too. It was flowery in tones, he was certain he caught a whiff of cherry blossoms. That smell reminded Sam of Aria through the years.

As much as he tried to avoid her, the cabin was only so big. She was sitting on the couch, her legs tucked up into her chest, her arms wrapped around one knee, a glass of what appeared to be scotch between her fingers. She was staring at the fire, her eyes glassy and red.

"Aria."

She turned her head to look at him, her green eyes were bloodshot, her nose was red. It was evident she had been crying. She quickly ran her Palms over her eyes and lifted the glass to her lips. In one swallow the drink was gone.

"No I'm not fucking alright!" She slurred. "Two days ago my life was normal. I thought I was in love with this great guy. He was so sweet to me, but I could never return my feelings for him." She sniffed as she stared at the fire." The day he disappeared, we had a fight. I wanted to end things with him."

"The day I showed up."

Aria turned her head to look at Sam, his hazel eyes bore a hole into her soul. "Sam...."

The moment was stolen as the front door opened and Deans voice echoed through the cabin. "Hey, got some food,"