Hitchcock Starlet

Nightmares

I sighed as I looked up at the blacken sky, tonight all you could see was the moon, no stars. I leaned back on the fence behind me, tapping my foot nervously against the cement under my short heel, as the wind rippled though my curls. I jumped hearing a car coming. I looked up and seen a pair of bright white lights coming towards me, just as a loud clap of thunder struck. I looked up and seen that the moon had been covered by even blacker storm clouds. I gulped a bit as the pitch black Chevy stopped in front of me. A handsome man got out of the drivers side. I looked up at him, my heart beating in time to the quick click of his shoes against the cement. I swallowed hard as he stopped in front of me. I felt a tear run down my cheek as he leaned down. His rough chin grazed my cheek as he whispered "To night you will die, as a Hitchcock starlet just like you always wanted.", gently whipping my tear away. How had filming a movie that I had dreamed of for years, lead me here.......to my death?.............

********** Five Weeks Earlier **********
"And cut!" the director yelled. I smiled as I turned from the vanity that I had just been "getting ready" in. "That's a wrap for today everyone!" the producer yelled as I all but skipped off the stage in my boa trimmed, kitten heeled slippers. "Good job Veronica!" My co star yelled to me. I grinned and waved at him "Thanks Patrick!" I walked into my dressing room and quickly changed out of my beautiful boa trimmed robe and dressing gown and back into my usual dress. I slipped on my favorite pumps and headed out to my car to go get some groceries, after telling everyone goodbye. I put on my sunglasses and my hair scarf as I walked out into the lot. We always finished filming for the day pretty early, which was perfect for me, I hadn't totally finished unpack yet. I had just moved to Hollywood a few months ago with my best friend Connie. Since the first Alfred Hitchcock movie I seen, I had wanted to be in one. I loved the suspense and always want to make someone else feel that feeling. And when I got my chance I jumped on it. I auditioned and got the job that day. Connie can tell you that I was beyond excited. On my first day of shooting I showed up three hours early and had to wait in the parking lot for an hour and a half until they came to open the studio.

I pulled into the store parking lot, pulling into a parking space. I sighed, yawning a bit as I grabbed a basket. I had been up since about five am that morning and it was now after five in the afternoon, and I was exhausted to say the least. I walked thought the store grabbing the basics.....that was all I could really afford with my ration cards. I paid and packed everything into my car and headed home. I walked in and smiled at the smell of pasta greeted me at the door. "Hey Connie you home??" I yelled as I walked thought the apartment. "In here darling!" I heard my best friend and roommate yell back. I smiled as I walked though the apartment to the kitchen "got a date today?" When she had a date she always cooked pasta. She beamed and nodded happily "One of the brain surgeons" she squealed. She worked at the local hospital and was always looking for a doctor date. I laughed and nodded, putting the bags on the counter behind her. "thank you for making dinner by the way. I'm so tired. it was a long day" Connie laughed a bit "I bet, having to kiss Patrick to much?" I turned bright red and turned my back to her, putting the food away "No" I mumbled, still bright red. She turned me around, giggling softly. "You really like him don't you?" I nodded, blushing red "He is sweet and so so handsome......." I blushed more, looking up at her though the S wave swoop of my hair. She laughed a bit, tucking some of my hair behind my ear. "You need to talk and flirt with him darling. Get yourself a date" I turned bright red. "I'll see what happens."

After we ate, I headed up to bed, needing to get some sleep, since I had to be up at 5 again. I sighed as I rolled my hair, tying my usual scarf around them to hold them in place while I slept on them. I curled into my bed, falling asleep almost instantly. Not long after I had fallen asleep I started to dream. I was on the set of my movie, running lines with Patrick. I smiled at him when we finished the scene we were working on. He got an odd look on his face. I frowned a bit "Something wrong?" I asked him softly. Seconds later he pulled out a knife and stabbed me in the stomach. I let out a gasp, unable to scream in pain. I collapsed in front of him. when I looked up he looked demented and evil, grinning down at my dying body.

I woke up with a scream, shooting right out of my bed. Seconds later Connie came running into my room, half of a pin curl hanging out of her head scarf, looking scared "Veronica?? Whats wrong??" I calmed myself down slightly, holding my stomach where the knife would have been. "It was just a nightmare Connie.....I'm fine" I said, shaking slightly.I got up and pulled on my robe. I walked over to her and reset her pin curl for her "go back to sleep darling" She shook her head "I'm awake now.....do you want to talk about it?" I shook my head and headed to the kitchen. I pulled out some of the left over cake and what was left of the milk. I made a mental note to run to the store later as I cut myself a piece of cake and got a glass of milk. I turned to Connie who had followed me into the kitchen "Want some?" She nodded and I cut her piece. She rubbed my back gently, taking the plate from me. I sighed and got my own heading to the kitchen table. "You sure your ok?" Connie asked, worried about me. I nodded "I'm fine really" I smiled a bit at her "It was just a bad dream.........." If only it felt that way.....
♠ ♠ ♠
Not the greatest first chapter but I hope you enjoy!