Hexes and Chocolate

Concerts and Revelations

That night I stayed at the shop with Ruki most of the night, talking and teaching him about Wicca. He told me all about his band and how they were in town to relax before a show tonight, and then a show in New York with a few other bands for a concert, followed by short tour. Before I knew it my phone was buzzing that it was already 6 am. I whined, rubbing my face.

"Whats wrong?"

"Oh its just....I'm suppose to be getting up right now" I said with a sigh, rolling my neck a bit

"Oh I'm so sorry! You should have said something sooner"

I shook my head at him "No really its ok. You are the first customer I haven't wanted to strangle in a while" I laughed and I got up from the couch we had been sitting on since around 1 am. He nodded and got up as well.

"Would you be able to come and see the show tonight?"

He looked at me expectantly. I nodded a bit, smiling

"I'm gonna try my best to close up early."

He grinned and nodded "Here is a vip pass for you so you can get back stage and meet everyone."

We said goodbye and he headed back to his hotel. I finished cleaning up and passed out on the couch to get a few hours of sleep. I was woken up by Katherine coming into the shop a few hours later.

"Morning!" She yelled from the front. I let out a whine in response, slowly sitting up.

"Have you been here all night??" She asked as she walked into the room and seen me on the couch. I just nodded, holding my head.

"Customer came in just before close. I ended up staying here all night with him talking."

"Him?"

I could hear the smirk in her voice without even looking at her. I got up slowly and half stumbled to our stock room which was also our break room. I fumbled around, trying to make myself some coffee. Katherine pushed me out of the way and took the pot for me.

"I'll make the coffee, you tell me about this guy."

I let out a tired sigh and nodded slowly, sitting down in a chair at the little table.

"There isn't much to tell. He came in and was curious about Wicca.....I gave him a few free readings and we just got talking after."

"Mhm. Well you don't stay here all night with just any customer. I have seen you almost pick someone up and shove them out the door when we were closing, so this one must have been pretty cute."

"He was good looking but that didn't have anything to do with it....and you know how I am with men anymore......"

"Mhm.....I know I know.......Well what's his name, what's he look like? Spill."

I let out a huff and laid down on the table, fighting to stay awake. I laid there as I described him, getting little giggles from Katherine the whole time.

"He invited me to see his show tonight and meet the rest of the band"

"Ooooooooo!! He like you! He like you!"

My response to that was to reach over and pull at her long braid

"Ouch!!" I just smirked at her in triumph.

"If you don't hush with the teasing I won't take you with me" I said, dangling the two passes he gave me in front of her.

"Ok! Ok! I surrender!"

We laughed and finished our coffee before we got the store ready for the day.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After a torturous few hours, Katherine sent me home to get some sleep before tonight. I reluctantly agreed. Three hours after I got home I was woken up by Katherine laying on the buzzer for me to be let in. I stumbled out of my bed and buzzed her in, cursing her out all the while. I flopped myself down onto the couch, waiting for her to come up, slowly waking myself up. Katherine walked in and shook her head at me.

"Ok lady I'm taking over. You get in the shower, I'm going to pick out your clothes and everything."

I huffed but nodded, going slowly to take a shower. After a very nice long shower I came out, wrapped in a towel, my long black hair, hanging around my face. Katherine was digging around in my closet.

"How do you not have any heels??"

"Uh because I work retail and I don't want to kill my feet?"

"Well I guess these will have to do....." She mumbled, pulling out a pair of flats. I just gave her a look and sat down to see what she was putting me in.

"Ok! Once I get a few pieces of jewelry we will be all done. But I found this that you never wear." She held up a bell sleeved, short flowy dress in one hand, and a pair of simple black flats. I nodded a bit.

"I did forget about that dress......"

"With a few of your necklaces."

"Ok Ok just for today will I be your barbie doll." She laughed and got to work. Have I mentioned that she loves to do hair and makeup? An hour and half later I was dolled up, my hair curled and my lips a lovely berry color. I looked in the mirror and was pretty surprised by what I seen.

"Wow"

Was the only thing I could say. Katherine grinned at me.

"He will be all over you!"

"Katherine you know I'm not looking for anything........or wanting anything.....after last time"

She sighed and nodded "I know Athena.....I know."

A short car ride later we were walking up to the back door of the arena. I took a deep breath before I walked in, passes in hand. After being stopped by a guard we finally found the dressing room for the band. I slowly reached up and knocked quickly, shifting from foot to foot. A few moments later a dirty blonde with a band across his nose answered the door.

"Hi. I'm sorry but fan signings are over."

"No.....I....I uh.....I'm here to see Ruki......He uh.....invited me........" I said blushing rather pink the whole time.

"Athena?"

I looked around the man in front of me and seen Ruki coming up behind him, his makeup half done. He had a big grin on his face, which only made me blush more.

"I'm glad you could make it!" He said as he pulled me into a quick hug "This is your friend?"

I nodded, still a little surprised by the hug

"Yes this is Katherine."

She smiled and shook his hand. He pulled us into the dressing room and introduced us to everyone. I noticed Katherine light up when he introduced Aoi. After everyone had said their hellos, Ruki had me follow him to were he was putting on his makeup. We spent the time talking about some books I thought he might like to read. I noticed that Katherine was sitting talking to Aoi. I smirked a bit before I turned my attention back to Ruki.

"So are you liking Salem so far?" I asked as I sat up on the counter.

"Oh yes. Its very interesting. Its nice to have meet a witch to show me around too" He chuckled softly, teasing me.

"Oh hush or I'll turn you into a toad"

We laughed until we were interrupted by a stage hand coming to tell them they had 5 minutes before show time. I jumped off my perch as he turned to the guys and said something in Japanese. I walked over to Katherine and gave her a smile. We followed the boys out and watched their show from side stage. After they came off the stage Katherine and I were raving about them. I swear they were all a light shade of pink by the time we were done. We let them get cleaned up and relaxed on the couch.

"Anyone wanna go and get something to eat? Maybe order some pizza?" Reita asked, looking at all of us.

Ruki looked at me and smiled "Would you like to get something to eat and hang out in the bus?"

I swallowed rather hard and shook my head

"No I....I better head home.....Thank you for tonight...."

I gave him a slight smile and hurried out of the room. Ruki frowned, watching me leave.

"Did I say something wrong?"

"No....." Katherine sighed, watching me leave.

"Then why.....?"

"She.......well you see.........Her last boyfriend.....he was abusive......"

Ruki frowned and nodded, rubbing the back of his neck

"And........and she found out that she was pregnant but ended up loosing it because of all the stress......She never forgave herself for it."
♠ ♠ ♠
This turned out longer than I thought that it would. Not 100% on it but I have to many ideas going for other chapters lol anyway hope you like it!