Hexes and Chocolate

Bonding

I sighed softly,waiting by Katherine's car. I figured she would either bring me the keys to drive home or just leave with me, probably the first by the way she was looking at Aoi. I turned when I heard foot steps behind me and was surprised to see Ruki. By the look on his face, Katherine had told him......great......remind me to wring her neck later. Ruki stopped in front of me, looking very concerned. He bit his lip and we stood in silence for a few minutes, while we both shifted from foot to foot.

"I'm sorry." He said finally. I looked up at him confused

"Why are you sorry? You haven't done anything.....?"

"I'm sorry for that jackass who didn't deserve you.....and I'm sorry about your baby."

I visibly flinched when he said that, which only made him frown more.

"I could never dream of hurting someone like that......especially a woman....and one in that condition...."

"He never knew......I never had the chance to tell him......when...........when I found out.....I was going to leave him once I got home.....but......but he was so angry that day I didn't want him to hurt me worse......only there wasn't ever a good time for me to dump him because he was always angry......with all that stress.....my body just couldn't handle it and.....and support another life......."

I finally let out a sob, tears streaming down my face.

"I'm so sorry Athena......you didn't deserve that to happen......."

Ruki slowly took me into his arms to comfort me. At first I stiffened but after a moment I wrapped my arms around his waist and cried into his jacket. We stayed like that for what felt like hours. He stood perfectly still, letting me sob. I finally ran out of tears and pulled away slowly, but still holding on to him.

"Thank you" I mumbled, my face half buried into his chest.

"You are more than welcome" He said, as he stroked my hair, slowly giving me a kiss on the top of my head. I sniffed a bit, holding on to him.

"About that food....."

I looked up at him and let out a little giggle at his grin

"You can pick where we eat"

"Sounds good to me"
♠ ♠ ♠
I know a crappy chapter.......just wanted to do a little update......and just a little Ruki/Athena bonding.