Sick of the Sunsets

one

"I think I'll go to Boston."

It was a declaration that had been forming its self in her mind for a long time already. Now the words had come out and it felt as though a gigantic weight had been lifted off her shoulders and now she was clear of the burden.

"Why would you want to do that?"

Hannah's boyfriend of almost a year now immediately went into defensive mode.

"I want to get out of California."

Hannah and her boyfriend were set on the beach in the said state. The sun was shining brightly and the mood before Hannah 's declaration had been the same. Bright and carefree.

"I'm tired of the weather." She continued saying, looking out the crystal sea from behind her large sunglasses. "It's always the same here, some snow would be nice."

Her boyfriend, speechless for only the second time in their relationship – the first was when he saw Hannah in her prom dress at the end of senior year, started her with his blue eyes wide in shock. He didn't like where this was going.

"I need a new town, where no one knows my name." Hannah said with a dreamy smile on her face, the idea already set firmly into stone in her mind.

"Hannah, what on earth is going on with you? Why do you want to get out of California?" Josh's voice was rising, a sure sign of his growing irritation and anger.

"I need a sunrise. I'm so tired of all the sunsets here."

That same night Hannah packed a bag with whatever clothes she needed, bought a plane ticket and left in the cover of night. Once the new day had broken, Hannah found herself stood outside Logan International Airport in East Boston and to her great relief, it was raining and the sun was hidden behind dark grey clouds.

She breathed a sigh of relief and flagged down a cab which on her instructions drove her downtown.

Hannah had made it to Boston, where no one knew her name.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's so short, but it's only an introduction. Let me know if you like it and I'll write more.
<3