Sick of the Sunsets

three

"Paul we're not a freaking motel! You can't just invite anyone to stay with us!"

Martin was grouchy. It was not only because the A string on his beloved guitar had decided to snap or because he was suffering from a sever blow of writers block, or even for that matter the shortage of Lucky Charms in the apartment, but it was the invasion of a female force in the male dominated spectrum that was the cause of his grouchiness.

"But she's got no where to stay!" Paul protested adamantly, but in a whisper so that Hannah, who was at present sat on the camp bed in Paul's room straying out the window at the buzzing streets of Boston, would not hear the current argument.

"Can't she find a hotel like normal people? You know nothing about this girl!" Martin yelled out in frustration, not taking in the hint put across from Paul to keep his voice down.

"She's got no money," Paul said meekly and sheepishly fiddled with his lip ring.

"Fucking excellent," Martin muttered angrily. "Fine what ever. But in a week she's out of here get it?"

And with that the tall, skinny grouchy giant form of Martin retreated to the kitchen in search for Lucky Charms, muttering under his breath.

Paul sighed and looked in the direction of his room. It was an awkward situation to be in. He couldn't just leave the gorgeous girl from California out on the wild and intimidating streets that belonged to Boston, and yet he did see Martin's point that he didn't know anything about this girl.

Shrugging his shoulders to himself Paul walked into his room, only to be shocked when he found nobody there. His gaze flew to the large open window and outside on the fire escape he picked up a female form.

He heaved himself through the window and before he knew it he was stood next to Hannah gazing out at the labyrinth of streets, avenues and sidewalks that made Boston.

Hannah was leaning against the railing with a content smile on her face. The hood of her purple American Apparel hoodie was pulled over her head, to keep her hair at bay as the wind had suddenly picked up, bringing with it dark grey clouds that promised rain.

"Not a nice welcome to Boston is it?" Paul asked mirroring Hannah and leaning against the railing.

Hannah shook her head with a smile.

"I love the rain. It never rained enough in California," she said softly and her eyes did not waver from the sights and sounds in front of her.

Paul was not quite sure what to say in reply to this. He realized this was going to become a pattern. This girl left him speechless and it was something completely new to him. Paul always had words for every occasion.

Always.

"So what brings you to Boston?" Paul asked trying to keep a steady flow of conversation going and attempting to gain insight into this mysterious girl.

"I wanted a new town," she said simply, with her eyes shining bright at the thought. "I wanted a new start."

Paul smiled at her, the words not being much to quench his thirst for autobiographical facts about her.

"Bad relationship?" Paul decided to hazard a guess.

Hannah shook her head gently again, with the same shine in her eyes and the same smile on her lips.

"Not really. I just wanted to see Boston."

And that was all the information Paul was going to get from her.

For now.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yes it's short but Hannah keeps updating Electric Dreams which makes me happy, and this makes her happy so we are all happy. :D
I'll try update Andrew before I go on Sunday but I can't promise anything.
Feedback is love, keep it coming.
xxxx