Sick of the Sunsets

four

The next day Paul pulled Hannah out of the tiny apartment that he and Martin shared and showed her around Boston. Anything to get away from the grouchy giant that was Martin, he refused to talk to Hannah and would only grunt if she said anything to him.

Paul had insisted that Hannah take his bed and so his gentlemanliness left him sleeping on the grubby couch that was about as old as Paul and Martin's dream to make a band and be big. Paul had rolled off the couch with a stiff shoulder and a sore back, but a smile on his face, and this smile stayed in place all day as he showed Hannah the sights of Boston.

She had a matching smile on her face, and anybody who walked past could have assumed that they were a happy couple enjoying each other's company. Sadly only the latter was true, but at the moment neither was of grand significance.

The rain clouds had pulled away during the night and left behind a sparkling blue sky and a beaming sun. The heat had significantly increased and so Hannah went without her hoodie and with reverie placed her sunglasses on her nose.

Paul found in Hannah a sincerity that was heart warming, and at the same time a childlike happiness at everything that she saw. Her happiness was one that did not take a lot of effort, but at the same time meant so much and was just as honest as the smile that was permanently on her pretty face. Her smile was infectious and soon Paul found himself walking around with a dopey grin on his face, his eyes straying towards Hannah far too often for his liking. But then again he didn't put up much of a fight.

After touring through the city and seeing various sites of historical importance, Paul took Hannah to the promenade of the Charles river where they sat on one of the numerous benches under the shade of great green trees, where the summer temperature was far more bearable.

After a few minutes of silence Hannah spoke the first words.

"So tell me about you."

It was not quite the plan that Paul wanted to follow, he was still itching to find out more about her, uneasy about her origins and the fact that she was sleeping in his room. However he had a good feeling about her, and was sure that if she were a convict on the run he would have know it by now.

"Well Martin and me are in a band…" Paul said rather cautiously, however all doubts of caution were wiped out of his mind when he saw the smile that had spread across Hannah's face once again.

"That is amazing!' She exclaimed with excitement.

After that there was not a quite moment between them. The deep and hidden passion for music had sprung forward from Hannah as she now had someone to share it with. Hannah had always tried to explain why she loved music so much to Josh, her boyfriend in California, but he couldn't understand it.

"It's just music Hannah," he would say with a smile and a shake of his head.

But Paul shared exactly the same feelings for the construction of sounds and words as Hannah did, and it came to her as a relief to finally be able to share it with someone who understood what she was trying to say. They talked about every band under the sun and laughed at their agreements and unanimous preferences, but also laughed at their different opinions.

"Sorry no, Andrew McMahon and Conor Oberst over Pete Wentz any day!" Hannah said with force, but smiling at the same time.

"Well you sure know your stuff. Why don't you come along to band practice today?" Paul offered, without really thinking his plan through.

Hannah had a moments flash of uncertainty. She should really start looking for an apartment or some place to stay that wasn't Martin and Paul's tiny and rather untidy apartment.

However her heart spoke before her mind did.

"Sure I'd love to."

That was the beginning of something very sweet and sincere, and it was going to past the test of time and tribulations.
♠ ♠ ♠
For Hannah because Electric Dreams never fails to put a smile on my face and because I love her.
Last update for a week, off to Paris demain. Je vais rentre a Samedi. No worries I should have a lot more ideas scribbled in my notebook during that time.
So until then.
xxxx
je t'aime.