The Kindest Eyes

The Kindest Eyes

“I can’t believe you spilled your champagne all over that poor waiter!” I said as we walked down the street. “I excited for my steak! You can’t blame me, and I made sure to give him a good tip to make up for It.” he said gripping my hand tight. It was about half past midnight when we got out of the restaurant. We didn’t realize it was so late until one of the staff sweeping the floors kicked us out. “Oh you are just the kindest person I’ve ever met in my life” I said with a hint of sarcasm. “What can I say? I’m a gentlemany guy that’s why you love me” he said. I laughed and looked at him as we walked and I couldn’t help but think how handsome he looked as he laughed. He truly was the kindest man I’ve ever met, in fact he is the most amazing man I’ve ever me and I’ve had the luck of having him around for 3 years now. He didn’t think so, but I loved this man more than everything in this planet.

The streets were deserted and while this wasn’t the greatest part of town, I felt safe with him. I heard steps a couple of feet behind us but paid no mind as we were nearing my house in thoughts that it might have been someone from the neighborhood. Then I heard a click. “Take another step and I’ll blow both your heads off” came a scratchy voice from behind us. We stopped in our tracks “it’s going to be okay” said Erin, as he turned. “Look man we don’t want any troub-” but he was cut off by the man’s loud voice. “Shut the fuck up and give me everything you have!” ‘Please god’ I thought as I turned to face the man, he was wearing a panty hose over his head. ‘Are you kidding?’ “What the hell is this?” I said almost chuckling. “You think I won’t shoot you huh lady?!” he was yelling nervously, obviously the first time trying this. At that moment Erin took a chance and punched him square in the face hitting the idiot’s jaw and he fell back. “You son of a bitch you’re gonna regret that!” he screamed and charged for Erin gun in hand “shit” I said as I pulled out my cellphone “Charlie step back!” yelled Erin as he began to wrestle with the guy for his gun. I dialed 911 and hysterically began explaining the situation to the person on the phone when I heard a gunshot. My heart dropped ‘Erin’ “oh my god” I said as I looked up and I saw that bastard running away. “Is everything okay? I heard a gunshot” said the lady on the phone and all I could say and think was “Erin”, and I dropped the phone. “Erin!” he laid unconscious on the floor “Erin!”

----------

I shot up from my bed drenched in sweat “Erin” I said gasping for air. I frantically looked around trying to orient myself. I was in my bedroom, the sunlight violently poured in and I knew it was a dream. I looked at my alarm clock, it was 8:15AM. “Shit” I said as jumped out of bed. I was going to be late if I didn’t leave my house within the next 25 minutes. I quickly shuffled around my house in attempts to get ready, grabbing a granola bar from my pantry and my coat from the closet, slamming my door as I ran out. “Have a good morning Charlotte” said the door man as he opened the large glass door. “Thanks John, say hi to Barbara!” I called back at him. I will always appreciate that sweet old man, he’s been here for as long as I can remember and I’ve never gone a day without him wishing me goodbye. As I walked down the street I was hit by the cool air of New York City’s late winter and so desperately wished for hot cocoa. I had just missed my bus and the next one wouldn’t come for another 10 minutes, “so much for waiting” I said and continued to walk to the next stop. ‘Starbucks it is’ I thought to myself as I approached the one down the street.

It was around 2:30PM, i sighed as i bent to pick up the crayons on the small tables and grabbed the broomstick to sweep the glitter and colored confetti that covered the floor. As I cleaned the classroom, I thought of my recurring dream. It’s been over a year since that night and it still haunts me. I have no idea if I will ever get over it, or if I can get over it, how do you get over losing the love of your life. I don’t have much of a social life or time to not think about it. The only time I don’t is here with my kids, as I love teaching, I love kids and this seem to be turning into my world. “Hey CJ” I looked up and smiled at the man leaning against my classroom door. “wanna go out for coffee after?” he said with a smile spread across his face and blonde locks falling just above his eyes. “Not today Nick, I’m way too tired but I promise ill make it up.” I said softly hoping he’d understand. “That’s okay, get rest alright?” he said with furrowed brows and brushed his hair back with his fingers. “Thanks” I said and he walked away. I’ve known Nick since high school, in fact, if it wasn’t for him I wouldn’t have this job. He’s had a thing for me ever since we met and he’s super attractive but I’ve made it clear to him that I don’t see him as more than a friend. I collected my things and made my way out of the school. I walked aimlessly through 63rd street and soon enough, found myself sitting on a bench at central park. It was quite a beautiful day despite the cool weather. I looked in front of me and saw a strange blue figure standing in the midst of the park. I stared at it for a while and slowly, my mind returned to that night once more.

----------

“Erin” I cried out his name lightly smacking his cheeks in hopes he’d wake up. I checked for his pulse again and again and I kissed his cold lips to bring him back, but there was no avail, not like in the movies. I knew this was real… Soon enough I was surrounded by first responders, police and ambulance sirens could possibly be heard through a 5 block radius. But I was no longer here I was with him, wherever he was now. They sat me down, attempting to get me to answer questions about what had happened but I couldn’t bring myself to say anything, if I tried, Id end up in a pool of my own tears, which would lead either of us nowhere. I looked back where he laid still and saw as they placed a white cloth over his body… then there was nothing.

----------

I looked up as I felt a warm figure sit next to me on the park bench. I looked up and found a pair of the oldest eyes I have ever seen staring back at my dark brown ones from small round frames. “Hello” said the surprisingly young man, “I’m the Doctor”
♠ ♠ ♠
hey guys so this is my first time writing in years so bare with me. i kinda began writing what came to mind and toward the end of this chapter i decided id make this a Doctor Who fanfiction, as you can see. the rating may change as it goes along as im still not really sure where i will take it.

if you liked this chapter, subscribe! think i should change or add something? let me know and ill consider it. thank you so much for taking the time to read it! also id like to thank my best friend Lexi for basically shoving me into my dust collecting laptop and convincing me to write again. love you girl! she also has a new story called "the moonlings" and a couple of stories posted on here check her out! (Lexi Wombat)