A Song for a Soldier

003.

Image

(Anna's P.O.V)

It had been exactly four weeks since I had last saw Avenged here at the base. I had to say, I never in my life would have thought that I'd meet Zacky Vengeance let alone hangout with him and eveything. It definitely made my stay here a lot more bearable that's for sure. I sat down on my bunk as quietly as I could seeing as it was only 3 in the morning and some of my squad as asleep for the most part. I peered over at the stack of mail that was left on my small bedside dresser. There was a letter from my parents, two magazines, a few colored pictures from my little sister, and then one last letter that stuck out like a needle in a haystack. It was from Zacky.

It quickly opened it as carefully as I could before dumping the contents out onto my bed. Inside was a really awesome postcard with a picture of the Efile Tower on it and the letter was written in blue ink. I couldn't help but smile as I started to read along.

Dear Anna,
See! I promised I'd write you! Now you have to do me a favor and write me back one too. Ok that's all for now.
Just kidding.
So I hope you're doing well since the last time I saw you, I can't believe it's been almost a month already. I know you'll probably get this a little later then the actual day I send this out well since your clearly thousands of miles away. But anyway I still wanted to thank you for showing me around when I came to the base, you really have a crazy road ahead of you. I just finished up the rest of the European tour and now it's back off to sunny California. I hope you don't mind but I found this really cool postcard when we stopped in France and I thought you might like it. Maybe when you get to leave and come out here we can meet up for dinner or something.
Well I gotta get going, Matt and Jimmy are trying to throw me out of the plane.
Love,
Zacky V.


I couldn't remember the last time I had laughed so hard as re-read the letter over and over, a smile coming to my face everytime. I couldn't believe that Zacky wanted to actually spend time with me whenever I get back to the states. Now I just had to get a calendar and start marking the days until it was close to Thanksgiving.

Which was exactly 3 whole months away.

(Zacky's P.O.V)

"Hi guys, welcome home!" My mother exclaimed happily as she gave each one of us a big hug and kiss on the cheek once we pilled out of our cars. My parent's always loved to make a huge dinner for us as sort of a welcome home party. "Hey mom, dad. Where's Zina and Matt?" I asked as I sat my bags down on the floor beside the stairs. She pointed straight to the kitchen where the vibrant aroma of garlic and roasted tomatoes could be smelled from miles away. But from the moment I walked in I was immediately attacked with hugs and kisses from my brother and sister's numerous kids. "Uncle Zacky! We missed you!" My sister's youngest daughter Ellie squealed as I picked her up and gave her a good spin. "I missed you guys too. God it's been so long since I've had a home cooked meal. I'm starved." I said as I rubbed my now rumbling stomach.

My sister casually walked over and gave me a swift kiss on the cheek. "So how was Europe? I heard you guys went over to Afghanistan to play for the troops?" My brother asked as everyone else started to pile inside of the kitchen to wait for the food to be served.I smiled instantly as I thought about the first time I saw Anna. "It was awesome, we really helped brighten up their time over there." My brother nodded as Brian crept up behind us and put a hand to my brother's shoulder. "What he means to say is it was awesome because he met some soldier girl and fell in love." I quickly shot him a glare, narrowing my eyes some as he just smirked widely.

"You met a girl? In the Army?" My mother suddenly asked as she began to hand out plates to everyone. "Um yeah, her name is Anna." I huffed softly, hoping that they would change the subject soon before anyone else would jump in and ask more questions. "That's great son, how old is she?" My father now asked. "She's 22 and a real fox. Zacky even started writting her a letter." Johnny chimed in quickly before I finally decided to end the conversation myself and walked over to the stove to serve myself some food.

After things had finally settled down and everyone was overly stuffed with good food and a few drinks, I headed outside to the backyard where Jimmy and Brian were talking to smoke a cigarette. "Hey dude." Jimmy smiled as I stood beside him and passed it over to Brian who gratefully accepted. "I think I'm starting to fall for a girl that I'm never going to see again dude and it's driving me nuts." I admitted as I took a long drag, exhaling the smoke slowly before then passing it over to Jimmy who just sighed.

"You wanna know what I think? I think you're crazy, There is no way you could ever make things work with her. I mean, you guys can't even talk on the phone or anything. Just let it go man, besides you know Gena has been wanting to get back together with you since before we even left to Europe. Think about it." Brian said, making my train of thought go even more off the edge.

I don't know what I'm going to do.
♠ ♠ ♠
And I give you, another update :) Thank you so much for all the positive feedback so far everyone, I greatly appreciate all the support! I hope you enjoy, feedback is always welcomed! :D