A Song for a Soldier

005.

Image

(Anna's P.O.V)

When I finally returned to my bunk after a long four hours on watch duty, I noticed that my computer was making a beeping noise, meaning that I had missed a call on my Skype. "Shit." I muttered once I saw that it was from Zacky. I had prayed the entire time that he wouldn't call while I was gone and of course, he did. I quickly typed out a reply before trying to call him back. No answer on his end. Just my luck. I sighed, feeling the tears start to build up in my eyes as I sent him a message saying that I was sorry to have missed him because I was on duty but that I really hoped he could call me later whenever he got the chance to.

I knew it was stupid of me to get so worked up about not being able to talk to him, but it's just so hard when you're alone 90% of the time thousands of miles away from your friends and family, you start to crave any sort of contact with the outside world that you can get. I mean sure, my parents wrote me letters and things, but to actually have someone write me with relationship intentions really made me feel special.

"Private First Class Ramirez, you're needed on the deck immediately ma'am, it's urgent." My lead captain said to me. I shut off my computer and hurried off to the top of the deck as fast as I could until I was met with the staff sargeant and sargeant major. I immediately could tell by the looks on their faces that the news I was about to recieve wasn't going to be good. I stood in front of them at attention until the sargeant major quickly dismissed me. "I'm sorry to tell you this, PFC Ramirez, but I just recieved news that your parent's have been killed in a car accident this past weekend. You'll be released on leave until further notice, so please go and pack up your belongings so we could get the rest of your items back at base, ma'am."

(Zacky's P.O.V)

It was around 3 in the afternoon when I finally had left to go and pick up Gena. I still hadn't talked to Anna but I figured she must be busy and decided not to let myself get so upset over it. "Hey, I'm outside." I said as I pulled into her driveway. She hung up the phone without saying a word and soon she appeared in the passenger seat beside me, her hair and makeup done like if she was going out to a club. "Hey, you look nice." I smiled once we started to drive over to Matt's house. She just smiled and stared out the window. "Thank you, you look nice yourself." I chuckled slightly before looking over myself in the rearview mirror. I looked how I alaways looked, but I guess it's what the ladies liked.

As soon as we parked in front of Matt's house, I saw everyone standing around outside in the garage. Their faces immediately perked up once they saw who I brought along with me. "Hey you two." Jimmy greeted as we walked up towards them. "Hey dude, where's Leana?" I asked before taking a beer out of the ice chest and handing one over to Gena. He shrugged his shoulders before pointing over towards the back. "She's talking to Matt's mom about her flower garden or some shit, you know how girls are." He said, taking a drink of his own beer. I nodded, seeing Matt eyeball me sort of suspiciously out of the corner of my eye.

"I'll be right back." I said to Gena before I motioned for Matt to follow me to the side. "Why are you looking at me like that?" I muttered annoyed. "Because, you're taking everyone elses advice but your own. You know damn well you don't want to be here with her. Your supposed to be trying to get a way to be with Anna, remember?" I threw my hands up in defeat before turning on my heels and going back over with Gena and holding onto her hand tightly.

But I still had a feeling that Matt was actually right.
♠ ♠ ♠
OK! So I'm sorry if it's a little short, I just wanted to update as soon as possible and leave you with that, a little drama and a cliffhanger! So enjoy! And feedback is always appreciated!
:D