A Song for a Soldier

007.

Image

(Anna's P.O.V)

When I had finally arrived at LAX Airport in Los Angeles it was about 10 am and I was more tired than ever. But after two delays and one overlay, I was just glad to finally be back on solid ground in America. I had arranged for a taxi to pick me up and drive me back to my house by the time I had gotten off the plane. The drive home was somewhat long but peaceful none the less. I was just anxious to see my family that had come to take care of the house and my little sister. When I had last spoken to my aunt before I landed in LA, she informed me of everything that was already going on and that I didn't need to worry and to just get home safely. Once we had pulled in front of the familiar black iron gate, I sighed deeply. It was hard to imagine not being able to see my parent's the moment I walk through the door, waiting to hug and kiss me and tell me how happy they are that I am finally back home.

I paid the driver before grabbing my bags and heading up the driveway. My aunt and uncle immediately embraced me in hugs along with my little sister who couldn't stop tugging at my jacket until I finally picked her up. "Hey butt, I missed you." I smiled as we hugged for what felt like forever. "I missed you too." She said as her big brown eyes beamed up at me. I sat her back down as we all headed into the house, my chest immediately getting heavy as I started to see all the things of my parent's still in the same place that they had left it before they died. My mother's apron still hung on the rack beside the oven and my dad's favorite coffee cup was still on the kitchen table on his favorite spot to sit.

"It's ok Anna, your parent's loved you, you know that." My aunt assured me as I started to cry loudly. I missed them more than anything and it really hurt to know that I didn't get to talk to them or tell them that I loved them before this had happened. "I know tia, I just miss them so much. I didn't even get to say goodbye." I sniffled as she hugged me close to her. "All that matters is that you're home now, baby. Your sister needs you, you have to be strong for her." I nodded as I hugged her back tightly. I wiped my eyes on my sleeve before grabbing my bags and taking them upstairs to my bedroom. Everything was exactly the way that I had left it. Clean and neatly organized, my clothes folded in neat piles and my shoes arranged in size and style. "Ah mom, you just never could stop being such a neat freak." I lightly laughed once I grabbed a towel from behind my door and headed to the bathroom to take a shower.

I figured after I had taken a shower and eaten some real homecooked food, I would go over and surprise Zacky with a visit. Thankfully I had saved his letters with his address on them and I had my own car over here at home. I finished up as quickly as I could before I headed back into my room to change into a decent outfit. I eventually settled on a pair of black skinnies and an off the shoulder white colored blouse with my black flats. "You look nice babe, going somewhere?" My aunt asked once I came back downstairs with my purse. "Yeah just for a little bit I need to go and see a friend. I promise to be back in a coupe of hours." I said. My aunt and uncle nodded, giving me a kiss before I grabbed my keys and went out the front door.

I typed Zacky's address into my navigator before pulling out of the garage and starting on my journey. I could only hope that he was home and in the mood for a big surprise.

(Zacky's P.O.V)

When I had finally woken up the next morning it was already noon and I still felt extremely tired. I guess it was because I couldn't stop tossing and turning all night, thinking about the next time I was going to be able to talk to Anna again. I rolled out of bed with a loud yawn and rubbed the sleep out of my eyes before I headed to the bathroom to start my day. I was mid-done with my shower when I heard a swift knock at the door. "Zack? There's someone here to see you!" Came my dad's voice from the otherside. "Alright hang on." I said as I washed the soap out of my hair and off my body before shutting the water off. I quickly grabbed my towel and wrapped it around my waist as I rushed into my room to get changed. I didn't know who could be here for me at this time of day that my parent's didn't know unless it was someone from my management team or something.

I grabbed my jeans from off the floor and slid them on before then putting on my favorite Misfits shirt from the closet while I brushed my hair into a neat style. "I'm coming, I'm coming!" I yelled down to my parent's who kept insisting that I hurry up and come to the door. I sprayed a shot of cologne on and put on my shoes before finally rushing downstairs and over to the front door. And then like a ton of bricks smashing into my face, I saw the most gorgeous girl ever standing in front of me, her eyes looking up at me with a bright glow. "Hey, Zacky. Um, surprise?" She laughed softly, that voice echoing through my ears and making my heart skip a beat.

It was Anna. She was actually hear, standing at my front door, in the flesh. I quickly wrapped her in a tight hug, seeing her smile instantly. "How did you? When did you? Oh my God." I rambled nervously, still in complete shock that she was actually hear. "Uh I actually just got in this morning. Do you think we could go somewhere or something for a minute? If that's ok." I nodded without another word as we decided on going to the beach to hangout.

I could hardly contain myself as I stared over at Anna. She looked extremely different then she did when I first met her in uniform. "So, your home early." I started nervously. She looked at me and smiled but something in her eyes told me there was something more to why she was here. "Yeah, I'm actually home for good until further notice. My uh, my parent's actually passed away a week ago and I barely found out a couple days ago while I was on duty so they sent me home to deal with everything." My jaw instantly dropped to the floor as she said that.

How could someone who just lost their parent's be so calm about it? Or even out with their friends instead of being with their family? "Anna I'm so sorry, I had no idea." I said, putting my hand on her shoulder and giving it a gentle squeeze. She ran her fingers through her hair before sighing deeply. "It's ok, I'm sorry if I seem to be freaking you out about how I'm taking it, just after being in the military for so long, you start to lose some of your feeling." I guess I didn't know exactly what she was going through after all.

I couldn't imagine seeing people die right before my eyes almost every other day. I guess I would start to make myself start to lose most of my feelings too if I was in her position, otherwise I highly doubt that I would even last another day out there. We sat down on a nearby bench and I pulled her close to me. She started to cry silently on my shoulder while I just stroked her hair gently and wiped away at her tears. I never thought that things would be taking this sort of turn in just two whole days, but I'm sort of both happy and sad that it had to be under these types of circumstances. I would have loved to meet the parent's of a girl who completely took my life and changed it for the better.

"I'm really sorry I didn't try to call you first or anything, just I wanted to sort of surprise you. Plus I wasn't sure how to tell you that I was only coming home because my parent's died. I was just so confused." She sniffled while looking up at me. I quickly shook my head and put my finger to her lips to silence her. "Hey it's totally ok, I wouldn't exactly know how to tell someone that either, besides I'm really happy that you're here. I never thought I would be seeing you again." I admitted, seeing a big smile come to her face.

"I'm really happy to hear you say that, Zacky. I can't thank you enough for being so understanding about everything."
♠ ♠ ♠
Ok so I didn't get as many comments on the last chapter as I had hoped for but that is totally fine! because I know most of you are busy and well have lives like normal people so I hope you all enjoy this update and thank you for your undying support and love! :D I promise the next one will be different, meaning drama! Enjoy guys! :D