Love Me Until My Heart Stops

01: Loving You Is Easy

“Are you sure that you can’t come back with me?” Cesc mumbled as he trailed his finger over Esmé’s skin, his dark eyes surveying the array of freckles which covered it. It had been a little while, since their vacation almost a month previous, they’d barely had a second alone together, and Cesc was a little reluctant to let it go without a fight. It would be a while before his girlfriend got a day off to visit him and he wanted to get as much time as he could with her before they became too busy again.

“You know that I can’t” Esmé murmured, her brown eyes watching him sleepily “Barca still have to play Fiorentina before we travel back and then we play Roma. I have to be there” she mused, yawning a little.

Cesc sighed. “Why’d Enrique have to like you?” he mumbled, dropping a light kiss on the skin he had been tracing.

Esmé shook her head. “Are you saying I am not likeable?” she teased, quirking an eyebrow.

Cesc shook his head. “You know that I am not saying that, but if you had left Barca at the same time as me, you could be sleeping in my bed at home in London this time tomorrow and not in your bed in Barcelona” he explained gently, kissing the same patch of skin again. It was a common conversation, since Cesc had made the move to Chelsea and Esmé had taken up her position as a personal assistant to Luis Enrique, the midfielder had often questioned her decision to stay, but he doubted that he change her mind. Esmé liked her job, she always had, and he couldn’t ask her to give it up, especially when she had understood the decision he had made to move to Chelsea.

Esmé smiled. “You always whine more about it than me” she teased, her finger moving to trace over the tattoo which marked his elbow “I thought I was the girl in this relationship” she giggled, her teeth gently gnawing on her lower lip.

Cesc rolled his eyes. “You’re the one who got to stay home” he murmured, moving to place a kiss a little closer to her lips “You got all of our friends, our home, and all I get is a daily video chat where I cannot kiss you or hug you or take off your clothes. I think I am a little entitled to whine, don’t you?” he quipped, his fingers nimbly slipping beneath the material of her vest top, earning a little squeak from her.

“I think you have done more than enough of that in the last couple of days to last you for a while” she quipped gently, her hand moving to push though his dark curls “And besides, I have already spoken to Enrique, he says that can have the weekend before the Super Cup against Sevilla since the game isn’t until Tuesday. I will probably be around for the game against Swansea” she added softly.

“That’s another week without you I have get through” Cesc complained softly, an impish pout forming on his face.

“A week is nothing” Esmé retorted “And as you said, I will call you every day” she added.

“I guess I will survive” he mumbled, huffing in a manner that made Esmé sure that he was kidding around.

“You’re so dramatic” Esmé giggled, slapping his chest gently.

“But you love me” Cesc grinned, pecking her nose cheekily.

Esmé shook her head. “I wonder why, sometimes” she teased.

Cesc smirked, his face lingering barely an inch away from hers. “How about because I am dashing?” he teased, pecking her lips gently “Or because I am romantic?” he grinned, kissing her again “Or because when we are together, you do nothing but smile?” he posed.

Esme smiled. “Probably all of that” she cooed gently “But mostly because Sergio Ramos had a girlfriend” she added, giggling.

Cesc narrowed his eyes playfully before he placed his hands on her hips, shifting her so that she was beneath him, his fingers tickling her sides. Esmé fought against him for a moment before she tilted her head back, giggling. It had been a little while, since their vacation, she had hardly caught a second alone with him, but she kind of liked the brief moments that they did get together. They seemed to make the expanses of time they went without seeing one another worth it. Laughing, she allowed her brown eyes to study his face for a second before a knock at the door sounded, something which caused Cesc to place his hand over her mouth, stifling her laughs. “Who is it?” he called.

“Gerard” the defender’s voice replied, causing Cesc to let out a little sigh in relief. It wasn’t a secret, most people were aware of his relationship with Esmé, but he had still broken Chelsea club rules by allowing her to stay the night with him, even if it was under exceptional circumstances, and the last thing he wanted was to be caught by one of his teammates or, worse, Mourinho.

“What do you want?” Cesc called back, pressing a kiss to Esmé’s lips, earning yet another fond smile.

“Esmé, Enrique is looking for you. He’s called a team meeting” Gerard replied.

Esmé rolled her eyes. “I will be right with you, Gerard” she called, earning a small frown on Cesc’s face “But I need you to stall for a minute” she added.

“Whatever” the defender replied “I will do my best, but, I can’t make any promises” he added.

“Gracias” Esmé called before she heard Gerard’s footsteps move away, allowing her to switch her attention back to Cesc who had quietly moved to find his clothes.

“Cesc” Esmé murmured “Corazon, I am sorry” she whispered.

Cesc shook his head. “It’s not your fault” he mused, trying his best to smile “You have work to do and I should probably be getting dressed anyways, we’re on a flight back soon and I am not going to piss Mourinho off by missing it. You said you’d be around for Swansea?” he posed, pulling his shirt over his head.

Esmé nodded. “I have Enrique’s word. I’ll watch the game against Arsenal on Sunday too, but I know you’ll be wonderful” she enthused, padding towards him.

Cesc sighed and rested his forehead on hers. “I love you, Esmé, so much” he whispered, his hands squeezing her waist gently.

Esmé smiled at him softly and pecked his lips. “You know I love you too, Cescy” she whispered “I will call you as soon as you land and I will see you next week OK?” she cooed.

Cesc smiled and nodded, a little part of him wishing that things could be different.