Something Was Different

1/1

Something was different. She noticed it calmly as her palms were pressed against an off white mug filled with her golden colored tea. The sound of other people’s feelings filled the air. A warm breeze trickled through the window and ruffled her short somewhat red somewhat brown hair. She took a slow sip of her warm tea and let out a sigh. She couldn’t quite place what had changed. Everything appeared to be exactly the same as it had been any other day that long lonely summer. She wouldn’t tell anyone but she was counting down the days until she had a new beginning, until she could smile at strangers and actually mean it. But something was different here, in a moment when her YouTube was buffering.
Everything was quite. She never liked quite. The soft lazy wind pushed leaves that had fallen from the thirsty trees. It was the only sound. It wasn’t enough. So she read aloud. Her own voice rang clear and carried across the earths exhale. She paused, taking another long sip of her cooling tea. Words were her wand. She sat there pouring her magic into the hot August air, pretending she didn’t know what tomorrow was. She imagined it spilling out of her and soaking the ground and healing the trees. She was well aware the trees were a metaphor for herself. She knew she saw herself tall, even though she was only 5’3. She saw herself as part of the earth; saw herself holding it together with her roots. She reached to the sky and people stared in awe. She was a tree trapped in the body of a girl who just couldn’t understand.
Her tea was cold now as she took one last drink. She wasn’t sure how much time had passed in that lost moment. The room had gone silent again. She didn’t open her mouth again. She just sat there, palms still hugging the cold mug, lost in an ocean of thoughts she couldn’t seem to swim out of. Everything felt muddled, like watercolors running together making all sorts of unintended colors. It was not entirely unpleasant.
The air seemed to hang to her in a way she hadn’t felt before. It felt lighter then every before. She suddenly burst out laughing. This moment of utter clarity swam around her. Everything just made sense, and it was all so irrelevant. She couldn’t stop laughing. The breeze pushed harder through the open window but she was no longer paying any attention.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sooo.... This is awesome. Comment please :*
T