Belonging to Lust

Chapter 172: Reading Him His Rights

Irritated by Alan’s unrelenting need to keep Chastity, who evidently didn’t want to be seen with him again since the last time she’d almost got harmed by Alice’s friends, Monique postponed her journey to return back to her friends. Sighing loudly, she spun around in place to glare up at the tall footballer that had trailed them. Without breaking eye contact, she let Chasity go only to nudge her towards their table to escape. “Chastity, go sit your ass down at our table for me, please.”

Chasity would have stood in solidarity with Monique instead if the entire squad of Alice Lovers weren’t shooting sharpened daggers at her with their eyes from their table. They weren’t at all targeting Monique, only Chastity. She realized then if she stayed they’d strike like a flurry of hyenas and they’d be outnumbered. With her hands curling into fists at her side, she complied with Monique’s order, a part of her grateful to have been rescued. And so all there was was Alan and Monique facing off with the two oldest McCoy sisters and Zaiyia diligently watching in case she needed them to back her up.

Stepping forward, Monique spoke low enough for Alan to hear in order to spare him the mortification of having the whole cafeteria listening in on her putting him in his place. “Okay, Mr. NFL, pull the jockstrap out your ears and listen to me well. This entire fucking school is in an all out war against Zaiyia and that includes ANYONE that rolls with her. If you could pull your selfish head out of your own ass you’d be able to comprehend that talking to Chasity in front of everyone is only going to get her hurt in the end.”

“Look, I don’t give a fuck about Zaiyia!” Alan snapped, his tone louder than hers and catching the ears of the many people blatantly eavesdropping on their conversation. “So stop talking about that shit!”

“Clearly you fucking don’t give a shit! You don’t give a shit about any-motherfucking-body for that matter, Alan!” Monique snapped right back at him with the same ferocity. “Not even Alice!”

Alan went rigid at the mention of his ex-girlfriend’s name. The fire of frustration in his eyes was snuffed out into smoke as his face went slack of every emotion but shock. Then just as quickly his brows furrowed together, the temper was back. “What the fuck do you know about Alice, huh?”

“Boy, it ain’t none of your goddamn business what I know about Alice! What I know is what I know, and what you think I need to know is what I already fucking know!” Monique settled before turning around to walk away. She didn’t get far when she felt a hand on her arm jerk her back so hard she was knocked off balance and had to spin around to get ahold of herself so she wouldn't fall flat on her face.

“YO, YOU BEST GET YOUR FUCKING HANDS OFF MY LITTLE SISTER!” Aishah hollered to Alan from her table, simultaneously surging to her feet alongside her sister and Zaiyia.

“YOU TWO SECONDS FROM BEING A DEAD MAN, MOTHERFUCKER!” Assata inserted, moving forward a few steps in warning that she was gonna come for him if he didn’t heed her words.

Alan’s head snaps in their direction, his brows furrowing as he studies their faces. He wasn’t familiar with any of them but Zaiyia who stood behind them. “Who the hel-”

Taking advantage of him being distracted, Monique tore her arm away and began to retreat. “Those are my sisters and they will break every bone in your body if you EVER put your hands on me again!”

Realizing what he had just done, Alan’s face flushed with embarrassment. He had grabbed Monique as if he had every right to when in reality he didn’t. Shame choked him and compelled him to open and close his mouth like a fish a few times while his brain clambered to explain his bad behavior. Running a hand through his hair, he apologized as earnestly as he could. “Jesus Christ, I…I’m so sorry, Monique. I didn’t mean to grab you like that it’s just…I just really REALLY need to talk to Chasity. It’s important!”

“What do you need to talk to her so badly for?” Monique demanded to know, crossing her arms over her chest. Deciding to throw a dart in the dark, she inquired softly. “Is it about Alice?”

At the mention of her name again, Alan appeared afflicted. Turning his head left and right, and then rubbing his face with both hands. “Look, this…this isn’t any of your business, okay?”

“And neither is Alice. From what I’ve heard, you dumped her like she was a sack of horse shit because some other bad bitch rolled up into town, minding her own damn business, might I add, and you wanted to hit it. Do you know what happened next?” Monique arched her brow and smirked with amusement. “Of course, you fucking do! Your dumbass was the whole reason my friend got fucking jumped by almost every student in school and mocked endlessly in these halls every day! All because you decided to break the heart of America’s Sweetheart and condemn an innocent for something she didn’t do!”

Alan stood there, speechless. Even if he knew what to say, he wouldn’t be able to speak. Not when this girl was reading him his rights.

“So, if you knew what was good for you, you’d man the fuck up, accept responsibility for being a dickless jackass to both Alice and Zaiyia and then help stop this ceaseless harassment!” Monique finished before taking a deep massive breath. Feeling like a weight was lifted off her shoulder, she took great satisfaction at having left him dazed. Flashing him a brilliant smile, she turned around and began to walk away, calling over her shoulder with a wave of her hand. “You have a good day now, Alan!”

Muted, Alan no longer felt the desire to hunt Chasity down and interrogate her until her ears bled with the answers he needed. In fact, he didn’t have an appetite anymore. The idea of sitting down and eating lunch made him feel sick. Much like before, he drifted through the nearest exit like a ghost.

“Well, shit, girl! I’m proud of you!” Assata squealed to her little sister before tugging her into a hug.

Aishah came up behind Monique and joined in. “You handled that like the boss bitch you are!”

“Oh please, stop getting all mushy on me, you losers!” Monique whined, wriggling out of their hold to sit back down to finish her lunch. She couldn’t wipe the smile of pride off of her face though.

“Seriously, Monique, that was amazing!” Chastity praised, her eyes glittering with excitement. “I was worried the worst might happen, and that your sisters and Zaiyia would have to jump in!”

“You literally gave me a girl boner!” Zaiyia complimented her with a wink. The table erupted into laughter and comments of how gross that image was.

“I hope Alan will leave me alone now.” Chasity sighed to herself, retrieving her lunch from backpack.

“Why the hell was he following you around THIS time?” Zaiyia inquired, arching a brow.

Glancing around to make sure no one was eavesdropping, Chastity leaned close to whisper. “He was asking about Alice again.”

“What would a cold ass motherfucker like him want to know about his old bitch?” Assata grumbled. “Just leave the girl alone and move the fuck on!”

“I have no clue, but he seemed super desperate. At times on our way to the cafeteria his voice would break like he was about to cry.” Chasity revealed, her eyes wide with fascination.

“Did he LOOK like he was about to cry?” Aishah inquired, highly intrigued.

“At first he wouldn’t really look me in the eye. But I managed to steal a glimpse from him and he seemed to be holding back tears.” Chastity reported slowly. “His eyes were glazed with them but he wouldn't let them fall. It was only when he pushed them back did he finally look me in the eye.”

Everyone was silent now, glancing at one another in astonishment. Monique was the first to voice her speculation. “Do you think he still has feelings for Alice?”

“If he did then why the fuck dump her ass in the first place?” Zaiyia asked.

“He’s a boy. They’re all stupid.” Assata remarked with a careless shrug.

“HE probably didn’t know what he was doing. He just wanted to stick his dick in Zaiyia.” Chasity guessed.

“Gross.” Zaiyia shuddered at the revolting idea.

“What if he still loves her though?” Monique proposed. “She’s made it clear she still loves him.”

“It’s none of our business anyway.” Zaiyia said. “We need to push on and focus on the assembly and maybe when it’s all said and done we can come back to this strange ass mystery that is Alan and Alice.”