Belonging to Lust

Chapter 175: Expulsion

Alice White stood trembling in her shoes by Principal Quinn’s side as the entire bleachers packed with students detonated at the mention of Zaiyia’s name spouting through the speakers. She hadn’t expected this kind of reaction from her friends and fellow students, and so it only magnified her anxiety to a critical level, leaving her panting in a hysteria with tears in her eyes. Any minute now she would have to face this bloodthirsty mob, and she didn’t think she’d be able to if this was how they were going to treat her too. If they had no respect for their Principal, would they have any for her?

“I SAID KNOCK IT OFF!” Principal Quinn’s voice bellowed from the speakers through the microphone in his hand. His eyes scoured the disorderly sea of students that only seemed to want to scream disgrace to Zaiyia over him. Gritting his teeth in irritation at not being heeded, he jumped to the only strategy that came to mind. Honing in on one particular unruly student out of the thousands, Principal Quinn pointed a finger directly at him and threatened through the microphone loud enough for everyone to hear. “GUNNER FINLEY MILLER, IF YOU DON’T CLOSE YOUR MOUTH IN THE NEXT THREE SECONDS YOU’RE GONNA BE EXPELLED FROM THIS SCHOOL!”

Gunner, who had been bouncing in his seat chanting with the rest of school, sunked down into his seat and clamped his mouth shut, his blue eyes large with fear. He could NOT get expelled from school and still expect to be gifted his first car for his upcoming birthday! That just wasn’t gonna happen under his parent’s roof. They’d take that gift right back before ever allowing him to even come close to getting merrily blinded by the shiny chrome rims! Nothing was worth risking that!

It worked! Principal Quinn was now resolved to call out every student’s name in his school if that was what it would take to reclaim control over this assembly. Pointing out another student, he demonstrated again. “THAT GOES FOR YOU TOO, TOM BERRY COX! DON’T THINK YOUR FATHER AND I DON’T SEE YOU!”

Tom, a footballer, stilled in his seat and dropped his hands back down to his side as the Principal Quinn swung the microphone from his lips to indicate behind him where Mr. Cox stood gaping at his son, appalled at his behavior. The young boy’s face instantly mirrored his father’s as they stared at each other. He was now caught in the act and would certainly be in trouble as soon as he got home by the very man who was like a second coach to him and had inspired him to work hard at his sport.

The bleachers began to quiet down now that Principal Quinn was openly calling them out by name and threatening expulsion. Not liking what’s going on and that they were being silenced, but neither wishing to be the next targets, they reluctantly simmered down in hopes of leniency.

But Principal Quinn wasn’t in the mood as he proceeded to address Tom. “Mr. Cox, do you want me to expel you from school in front of your own father who has high hopes that you’ll get into college on a football scholarship?”

Tom didn’t need to form his answers into words. Terrified of what his expulsion would do to him and the scholarship he and his father both worked hard for, he shook his head firmly.

“Then close your mouth.” Principal Quinn ordered him, earning another nod from the boy who looked like he just fully changed his mind on despising Zaiyia. Principal Quinn’s eyes lifted to the other students watching him nervously. “And that goes to every single one of you up there in the bleachers. To every single student that goes to this school.”

The threats seemed to have worked. The bleacher was utterly hushed, only the sound of a cricket that found its way under the bleachers could be heard.

“I have been a Principal for about 10 years now and I take my job very seriously, that includes bullying. The last school I was employed with had been overrun with students like you. Bullying was as prevalent as forest fires in California. It was well known and quite common. But all that changed when I walked through those doors because I nipped it at bud and stopped its source. Bullying was not tolerated there, and after today, it won’t be tolerated here either.” Principal Quinn declared then turned his attention to Heath to give him the nod to let him know it was time. Stretching out a hand, he called out to the victim of their school. “Zaiyia Halfiax, will you please come up here next to me?”

Zaiyia nodded and got up from her seat, sensing Heath following suit like a guard dog ready to attack. While she walked over to the Principal four students dared to hail insults at her.

“SLUT!”

“BOYFRIEND STEALER!”

“BITCH!”

“GO TO HELL, YOU WHORE!”

“KARLEE JANELLE RUSSEL, BREE MARLEY HILL, ABBIE KAYLA WILLIS, AND ERIN HOLLY HANSEN! ALL FOUR OF YOU JUST GOT YOURSELF EXPELLED!” Principal Quinn shouted right after, pointing a finger at each one to let them know he caught each of them in the act too. Glancing briefly at the Vice President sitting at the bottom of the bleachers, he softly instructed her. “Mrs. Hopkins, would you kindly keep tabs on the students wanting to be expelled for me, please? We’ve got calls to make after this assembly is wrapped up and letters to mail out to parents.”

Now standing beside Principal Quinn with Alice on the other side of him, Zaiyia checked up on Heath from her side to see how he was handling this assembly thus far. He was still rigid, his muscles bulging in preparation to knock anyone’s block off if the scenario called for it.

“Now, back to what I was saying.” Principal Quinn set the microphone back on the stand to set a hand on the shoulders of both Zaiyia and Alice. “Ah, I was going to tell you all a story! This one involves two young girls and the deep misunderstanding that is centered around them, a certain young footballer. One of the students by the name of Zaiyia had no interest towards this young man. The other student by the name of Alice is now aware of this to be true, and the two have reconciled over this misunderstanding. Now, the rest of you need to follow through by using them as an example.”

“WELL, I DON’T BELIEVE THIS STORY AT ALL!” A young student shouted out, jumping to her feet on the bleachers to stand above them all. This student was Laura Heard, one of Alice’s followers that Zaiyia had to tussle with in the girl’s bathroom along with her friend, Elizabeth Knightly. “ALICE WOULD NEVER FORGIVE THAT…THAT MAN STEALER!”

Principal Quinn listened to her closely. He didn’t proclaim that he was expelling her from school like the rest had been because nothing she said had been needless and degrading towards Zaiyia. THIS was the way he had expected his students to express themselves about the severance between Alice and Zaiyia, not calling Zaiyia a slut, or a whore. Accepting that Laura Heard doubted the fact that the young girls had made up, he turned his body towards Alice and spoke into the microphone. “Well, if you don’t want to believe me, then how about you hear it straight from the source. Ms. White, will you come forward and speak your piece to the rest of the school?”

Alice looked like a deer caught in the headlight as she gaped at the Principal, too terrified to move.

“Fuck.” Zaiyia murmured beneath her breath. She knew without a doubt Alice wasn’t going to move. Desperate, she leaned herself back and whispered to Alice from behind the Principal’s back. “Alice!”

Quaking in her blush pink converse shoes, Alice was petrified, globs of tears beginning to roll down her pale cheeks. She couldn’t move. She couldn’t hear. She couldn't so much as speak! To put it plainly, she couldn’t do this! Her moment had finally come and she wasn’t able to gather up the courage to do it. She was gonna let Zaiyia down, the Principal down! Hell, she was gonna let the whole school down!

“Oh, fuck this!” Zaiyia hissed to herself before backing out between Heath and the Principal to walk behind him to Alice. Grabbing her gently by her shaking shoulders, Zaiyia turned the girl to face away from the bleachers and to her instead. “Alice? Alice, honey, I need you to focus on me.”

“HEY, GET YOUR FILTHY HANDS OFF OF HER!” A student barked from the bleachers. “PRINCIPAL QUINN, STOP HER, SHE’S ASSAULTING ALICE!”

“YEAH, GET AWAY FROM HER, YOU SKANK!” Another added passionately.

“LIBBY HANA GALLOWAY, YOU JUST GOT YOURSELF EXPELLED!” Principal Quinn snapped at her, focused on keeping the bleachers at bay while Zaiyia did what she had to do.

“I-I can’t do this, Zaiyia! I’m s-so sorry!” Alice broke down, shaking her head frantically. “I-I know you’ve worked so h-hard for this, and y-you really want all t-this to end, and I do t-too, but…I-I just can’t do it! I keep s-shaking, all these people a-are staring at me, there’s so much h-hate and violence towards you, it’s all j-just too much! I’m so s-sorry, Zaiyia! Please, p-please don’t hate me, please!”