Belonging to Lust

Chapter 201: Live to Regret

Throughout the entire day of Wednesday, Alan obsessively glared at Zaiyia whenever she was near his vicinity. It didn’t matter what she was doing, who she was with, he was gonna glare at her until she dropped dead from a Brain Aneurysm as result of it.

For a long time, Zaiyia had no idea what she was supposed to do about it to make it stop without there being a boisterous scene that might garner unwanted attention from their fellow students, and maybe even Alice again.

Yes, she was supposed to meet up with Alan when she got back from the Sullivan vacation Tuesday, but then Alice came over with need of her help, and then Chasity with her FBI dad…there just wasn’t any time to worry about what was going on with Alan when more critical things needed to be resolved first and foremost.

AND on top of that let down, Zaiyia had kneed Alan in the balls the last time he attempted to approach her in front of the whole school!

After that mess she’d done, Zaiyia wasn’t sure if she even had a right to walk up to him to work out their differences and make amends. Cursing herself for hurting him in the first place out of a blind panic followed by frustration, she frowned to herself as she swept her long braids out of her face. It was all her fault for not putting enough trust in Alice. If she wouldn’t have believed the poor girl would jump to conclusion upon seeing her with her ex-boyfriend, the assault never would have taken place. Sadly, Zaiyia didn’t dare to take that chance when it was dropped on her.

So now that she was over-wrought with guilt, Zaiyia couldn’t raise her eyes to make eye contact with Alan during lunch.

Monnique could, however, and was curious as to why the nuisance that was named Alan was glaring murderously at her good friend for the past half hour. Frowning with a peeled orange in her hand, she lightly nudged Zaiyia’s foot under the lunch table. “Yo, Zaiyia. Why the fuck is Alan glaring at you like you done stole his XBOX and threw it into his neighbor’s pool?”

“Huh? What?” Zaiyia responded dully, opting to play dumb about it. She tried to make herself glance over at him as if it didn’t bother her that he was glaring holes into her skull, but found the guilt in her stomach had eaten all her strength. Turning her head this way and that, Zaiyia shrugged it off to stare down at her lunch tray that she’d been picking at. “Ah, that’s nothing. Just Alan being Alan, you know?”

Not falling for her evasion, Monnique stared at her hard, her brown eyes narrowing in on her like the scope of an expert sniper. “Dude’s been glaring at your ass since you arrived, and hasn’t looked away since.”

Wincing at that report, Zaiyia drifted her eyes to Alice instead, who had taken to sitting at one of her other friend’s tables today. Because of her popularity, everyone wanted a piece of her, and so each day she sat at a different table to spend time with her many friends who loved and adored her like she was THE Marilyn Monroe in the flesh.

“Wait, does this have to do with Alan getting kicked in the balls yesterday?” Chastity inquired, lowering her bottle of juice from her pink lips so they could form into a small o.

Unexpectedly, Assata burst out laughing, slapping her hands on the table top until she finally got a hold of herself. “WHAT!? Oh my god, somebody give me all the details on that masterpiece!”

“Unfortunately I wasn’t there to see what took place, but from what I heard he got kneed in the ball pretty hard. Fell to his knees with his hands on his groin and everything!” Chastity recounted from the gossips she’d heard in the halls soon after it happened. “He was left rolling around all over the floor from what I heard.”

Letting out an embarrassed groan for being reminded of the day before, Zaiyia dropped her face in her hands, shaking her head side to side.

How could she not have seen that she would live to regret her actions?

Why hadn’t she reconsidered the idea before enacting it in front of everyone!?

Knowing that she shouldn’t, but unable to resist, Aishah laughed at poor old Zaiya. As shamed as she looked, she honestly didn’t feel like she should be because Alan likely had it coming. He seemed to always have it coming. Nudging Zaiyia lightly with her shoulder, Aishah bit down on her bottom lip to keep herself from cackling aloud. “Let me guess? You were the one that popped that poor boy’s testicles, huh?”

“Yes!” Zaiyia confessed, dropping her hands down besides her untouched tray, her appetite long gone. With a frown, she scanned the many pretty faces that made up her close friend group. “And I feel like utter fucking shit for it too!”

Frowning in pity, Chasity reached out a hand to pat Zaiyia’s as she gently inquired. “Oh, honey, I’m sorry you feel like shit. Can you tell us what led you to do it? It might make you feel better.”

“Plus, we nosy.” Monnique inserted with a wicked smirk, winking in Zaiyia’s direction and earning an eye roll.

“Fuck, where do I begin? I guess…it was yesterday after we left lunch to go to class and shit. He followed me down the hall like a fucking stalker! I couldn’t shake him though you best believe I tried!” Zaiyia defended herself passionately, her brown eyes animated as she recalled yesterday’s events as clearly as if it just happened three minutes ago.

“See that’s his problem right there!” Assata cut in, lifting a hand to indicate that very portion of the incomplete tale. “We ain’t even five minutes into this shit and this motherfucker is already as guilty as charged!”

“Punk ass stalking motherfucker.” Aishah added in a grumbled, rolling her eyes at the balls of Alan…or lack thereof. “He got what was coming to him if you ask me.”

“Anyway, I went to my locker to just try and get my things so I can bounce out there as fast as Flash, you know?” Zaiyia continued on, not wanting to feed into the McCoy’s sisters immediate judgment though a part of her was screaming in agreement to it. Whether the boy deserved it or not, she didn’t want to conduct herself that way. She was better than that, she’s learned that by now. “Then BOOM, he was right fucking there!”

“Did you tell him to back the fuck off?” Monnique demanded to know, irked by this boy stalking and harassing one of her girls. “Oh, who the fuck am I kidding? Of course, you fucking did!”

“I so fucking did! But Alan wouldn’t budge! It was bad enough that people were already looking at us, but then I fucking discovered Alice staring at us! As in…it was too late to jump into my locker and seal myself inside to hide!” Zaiyia lamented with a pout on her face that Heath always found so adorable he couldn’t resist kissing it off her.

“Alice!?” Chasity exclaimed, glancing over to the blonde mentioned who was laughing along to a humorous story one of her friends was retelling to the whole lunch table. “As in THE Alice White that used to be your rival and is now one of your friends!?”

“The one and fucking only!” Zaiyia confirmed, suddenly getting the urge to flip her lunch tray over when she remembered just how pissed off she’d been yesterday in that very moment. Lord, she hadn’t felt such fury in a minute. “And just my fucking luck!”

“Oh hell naw!” Monnique objected, shaking her head along with her finger. “Tell us what America’s Sweetheart did next! Cause Imma tell you now, Zaiyia, if it’s on some backstabbing shit Imma make her wish her Barbie-looking ass was never born!”

“Nothing! She did nothing and that's the crazy part.” Zaiyia answered truthfully. Her fury seeped away at the memory of Alice being so understanding to her side of the story. It was so opposite of how she was when they first met. Alice had been quick to believe that Zaiyia was some heifer trying to take her man when it was the farthest thing from the truth. “I told her what happened and she believed me.”

“My god, that’s such an improvement to how things were before when you two first met each other!” Chastity commended with pleasure, reading Zaiyia’s mind exactly. “This is amazing news!”

Out of the corner of their eyes, four unfamiliar young women began to make their way to their table.