Tyson's Silly Grin

Sonia

Tyson was smiling at her coyly. His silly grin was stolid, anyone could’ve noticed, but each second she continued to stand there, twirling her fingers between her peachy strands, she saw his smile as alluring and majestic as the next one.

She looked too young to be here. Maybe if Tyson was lucky, she had just made twenty-one years old. But he didn’t care at the moment. All that mattered in his mind was that he got another’s girl attention the moment I noticed the fruity girl making her way at him.

I stared at them too long. I stared at him as he stared at her as she stared back at him. It was icky.

The girl’s cheeks were high and rosy. She gave a wolfish smirk towards Tyson’s tempting body, curiously inching closer to him. I noticed how she paid close attention to Tyson’s reactions, duly noting if he would back away or close the space between the them.

His eyes were dark and twisted, but the girl saw his eyes as dreamy and beautiful. It was painful watching him enjoy himself with such attention. He was the type of guy that needed the attention, but at the same time, he needed the dull light to regain such energy.

Tyson looked happy. He forced himself to look happy. He was happy?

As the girl ached him to be on the dance floor, Tyson looked at me. Directly at me, forcing me to look into his eyes as the poor girl insisted on showing him a good time. But his strong gaze froze my time, as if he was asking for my permission to dance with another girl, as if to find closer.

Staring at him hurt. The more he smiled, the more I heard my hallow heart bury itself.

But I knew that by the end of the night, he’ll be going home with her, thinking about me, hoping we’d be free.

I should have cut the tight rope when the chance was given, but instead, I let his mind wonder about me throughout the rest of the night, circling round and round, similar to what he’s done to me.

If I’m going to crash, I’d hope to see him there with me.