Status: Hello, welcome!

Perfect Ladies and Charming Gentlemen

001

“REMY! WAKE UP WOMAN!” the red head was shaken harshly from her dreams by a pair of strong hands, her eyes snapped open to see four faces looking down at her. Each one vastly different to the next. Emily Everglot, a first grader with messy blonde hair and a dirty face was the first one she saw, her young face had a terrified look spread across it. Gwen Sheffield was the next face, her eyes outlined with dark liner and her blue streaked hair fell in front of her face, Remy was certain she was the one who had woken her up. Lottie Williams and Clara Garrett stood on the opposite side looking down at her, both girls were decorated with make up, Lottie’s darker hair fell around her shoulders while Clara had opted to pull her blonde strands back in a tight sophisticated ponytail.

“What’s wrong with you lot?” Remy sighed slowly sitting up as she ran her fingers through her flaming hair that was a mess around her face. A yawn fell from her lips as she straightened herself out. Looking around she could hear hurried movement around her as well as voices shouting at one and other.

“We’ve got trouble,” the four females chorused together perfectly.

“What? What’s going on? Why is everyone racing around, have we got guests? New students?”

“No time get up! We need to go and see Miss,” Clara stated before she reached out grabbing the girls upper arm and pulling her off of her mattress. Remy thankfully landed on her feet, she didn’t have a chance to complain before the four of them were walking out of the room and down the hallways towards the Headmistresses office leaving Emily behind.

“Can someone please explain to me what the hell is going on?” Remy shot.

“Miss what’s going on?” Lottie asked the woman who sat at her desk a glass of brandy in her hand as she looked over paperwork on her desk wisps of smoke floating from the cigarette stump sat in an old ash tray.

“Girls!” she gushed a wide smile spreading across her ageing face. “What a wonderful surprise. I so desperately wanted to see you all.”

Miss Gertrude Tilley, Headmistress of Bartholomew Brighton’s School of Perfect Ladies, was different to all the Headmistresses, she never took much notice of what the girls did and if she did she was always cheering them on no matter what, whether it be writing a fifty word essay or setting of fireworks in the paddock. The woman never showed a mean streak she was always kind to the girls and treated them as equals which was the reason that Remy loved this school. Their Headmistress was so carefree and always seemed to turn a blind eye on what the girls did. However from the events of this morning she had done something that had caused a stir.

“Now girls what do you think of the name Bartholomew Brighton’s School for Perfect Ladies and Charming Gentlemen.” the room was swallowed into silence as they all tried to register what had just been said.

“WAIT!” Remy spoke up first causing Miss to look at her, her greying blonde hair bouncing with the slight movement. “Are you telling me that… this school is now accepting… boys?”

“Gentlemen, yes darling.”

“Why? this is an all girls school!”

“Times are changing everything is evolving it’s time that this school did the same. To do that my dear Remy were are going to start accepting Gentlemen into this haven of tranquility and love.”

“Uh…” Gwen began all four girls looked at one and other.

“What did you put in your drink?” Lottie asked earning a giggle from their headmistress who took a large gulp of the amber liquid before slamming the now empty class on the top.

“Right now, we must get ready we have five new students coming tomorrow, we must have this place in tip top shape before they get here so it’s your job ladies to make sure all the other girls are doing their best to make this place look like the respectable school it is.” taking a deep breath she spoke again, “Right off you go, no dallying about. I mean what I said. We are going to give these gentlemen the very best treatment.” with that she got to her feet and walked around the counter ushering the girls out of the office quickly.

The four adolescents stood in front of the door looking between one and other before Remy broke it.

“This is crazy! I can’t believe Miss is doing this! What’s with all the crap about the times changing and this school should do the same?”

“I don’t know! It’s strange,” Clara began.

“Yeah,” Lottie and Gwen chorused together. Once again the four girls were swallowed into silence.

“Miss said we were going to give these new guys the best treatment. And the best treatment is what their going to get. Assemble the girls, we have a welcoming party to plan,” laughter broke from the girls lips before they hurried back to the sleeping quarters.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey Hey Esther here! So here is my new co-write with the amazing Lina, Leann and Effy! I am so excited to get this beauty started and I hope you all enjoy this first chapter! They will get longer in the future I promise haha.

Now it's over to Leann.

Cheers Esther