Sequel: BlackOut.
Status: Editing.

BlackHeart.

Torture.

My eyes gazed at the full moon just outside of the hotel window, it was midnight and just the right time to hit the bars and find out as much as I could. I slowly turned my gaze over to Wades sleeping form, he hadn't questioned me yet which was good, it gave me time to get my story straight.

Quickly I rumaged through Wades bag of random clothing and pulled out the largest sweater I could find, placing it on I pulled the hood over my head and inhaled. It smelt like gun residue, smoke and something else I couldn't pin point. Shaking my head, I left the hotel room in search of answers.

My boots hit the pavement sending off soft clicks and scuffs, I kept my head low and hands stuffed deep into the pockets of the sweater. The cool air allowed me to see my own breathe and others as I pushed through the crowded night streets of Gotham, I was trying to make my way to the nearest bar that all the criminals went to. Hellhound it was a weird name but all the criminals found it as a safe haven, selling, buying, drugs, death. If you wanted answers that was the place.

My eyes lifted from the ground and my walk stopped, my breathing hitched and my eyes narrowed as I stared at the man in front of me. He was about six foot, large build but the one thing that made my heart sink was the sad clown mask on his face. I took a step back and turned in the direction I came but that was a dead end as well, my heart beat started to get faster as I reached behind me to grab my gun.

But when I grabbed, I was grabbing at nothing. The clown in front of me tilted his head as he held up my pistol, waving it softly from side to side. My thoughts were scrambled, how did he get my gun without me knowing. This was one of those moments were I had wished Wade was with me, I wasn't prepared. I had let my guard down.

"Jokers got plans for you" was the last thing I heard as a cloth hit my face. I elbowed the person gut but it didn't do much as darkness took over.
The sounds of heavy footsteps pulled me from the daze I was in, my head lulled to the right as I opened my eyes the best that I could. Mentally I cursed myself, I should have taken him with me. I should have trusted him, but I was naive, careless. Slowly I lifted my head to look around, everything was still foggy but I was able to make out a room. It was like a surgical room, a torture room of sorts.

My head jolted to one side from the impact that I wasn't expecting, a stick emitted from my right cheek and a tear slipped from my eye. His laugh was menacing and his hand gripped my hair pulling my head back.

"You thought I would just let you go," my vision started to become clear and I could see his silver teeth smiling down at me as he walked around the chair. "Oh no, see I'm not gonna kill ya." His voice held venom and joy as he spoke. "I'm just gonna hurt ya, Really...really..bad." I let out a soft groan and then a yelp as his fist hit my jaw.
♠ ♠ ♠
Tried my best to make this a long enough chapter.