Inevitable

-

Octavia is pregnant and Lincoln couldn’t be happier. He’s already begun to cook more food for Octavia, insisting that she’s “eating for two” instead of one. He enlists Jasper and Monty to make sure that Octavia is never alone for when she’s hunting food or helping Clarke out. Lincoln has even recruited Raven to make some walkie-talkies, one for Octavia and one for Bellamy, his second in command (Bellamy would kill him if he knew what Lincoln referred to him as). It’s no surprise that Bellamy and Lincoln are the best of friends, having grown closer since the announcement of Octavia’s pregnancy. Bellamy was furious, sure, but Octavia told him that he was going to be the godfather and just like that, all was forgiven.

Except when Bellamy remembers how a child is made, and what Octavia and Bellamy had to do to reach that point.

“Home,” Octavia announces, stepping inside the fort. It’s small, but it’ll have to do for now. “I found pig.”

Lincoln’s hunched over on the ground, fixing his armour when he sees his beautiful woman in the room and he stands up to greet her. He holds her face tenderly, kissing her forehead until he gets on his knees and holds his next favourite body part of Octavia, her protruding stomach. “Hello Isaak,” he says warmly, kissing her belly. “How was your day?” He pauses, and Octavia uses this time to glare at her significant other. “Mine was great, thanks for asking. Your mother had morning sickness because of you, so I gave her a backrub. And then we ended up on working to get you a brother or a sister.” Octavia rolls her eyes, but she’s smiling. “And then your mother went to hunt with your Uncle Bellamy and Aunty Raven and brought us back a whole pig for dinner!”

“Did we succeed in getting a new brother or sister?” Octavia asks, once Lincoln is done with telling his son how his day went.

Lincoln shook his head solemnly. “We’ll have to work on it every day and every night to make sure Isaak gets a sister. Isaak and Indra.”

Octavia smiles wider. She finds it hard to stay annoyed at Lincoln for talking to her stomach like an imbecile, but her love for him outweighs her annoyance. “Are you going to help me cook this pig or what?”

Lincoln takes the dead pig from the ground and kisses Octavia’s stomach again. “Beware of your mother once you’re older,” he says seriously. “If you misbehave, you will be punished.”

Octavia bites her lip and looks up at Lincoln. “You’d like to be punished, wouldn’t you?”

Lincoln has half a mind to pick her up and take her to the bedroom, but he has to consider his child’s needs as well. “Sorry, Octavia,” he says, half-jokingly. “I can’t subject Isaak to our methods of punishment.”

“Too bad,” Octavia declares. “Me. You. Bedroom. Now.

It’s then when Lincoln decides – or rather, knows for sure, that no matter what happens between him and Octavia and their future children together, he will always love her. Their love has always been inevitable, and Lincoln is happy to keep it this way for as long as he can.
♠ ♠ ♠
Prompt: 5. Imagine Person A of your OTP is pregnant, and Person B has begun a habit of talking to A’s stomach, from telling stories to bad jokes. A lot. Whether Person A finds it cute or is incredibly annoyed is up to you.

this is so sappy
I'm so sorry but I'm also not
LINCTAVIA FOREVER