Something's Gotta Give

At the end of the road.

Mellie Nichols was always known as the girl with the cinderblock garden. She was tough as nails and always held everyone at bay. Every one of her relationships always seemed to end in disaster, mostly caused by her own self destruction.

"This time will be different." Mellie said as she sat her suitcase down in the small room just at the end of the hallway. At least, that's what she told herself this time but as much as Mellie always tried, she seemed to mess things up.

"Look, you can stay as long as you want. No questions." The long haired man behind her smiled as the small party seemed to rage on behind her.

Mellie turned to look at her friend Dylan. Well, she knew him way back when he was Derek and played drums at home in a tiny little local band. They reconnected a number of years ago and things just fell into place. "Thanks Dyl." She said, closing the door as he bounded back out to the house.

Mellie picked up her suitcase and set it on the bed, dropping the small backpack and then her body next to both bags. It wasn't long before the sound of laughter and the party in the rest of the house led her to break out her laptop. Mellie hadn't even been in L.A. for three hours and yet, here she was pounding on keys and sending out resumes. A girl had to get a job somewhere.