Something's Gotta Give

"Is it Cliche?" "Probably."

Mellie clutched the warm cup in her hand and yawned. She rubbed the sleep from her eyes and bounded out the door. She turned to her assistant and made a slight face, "Is it cliche if I just want to shoot them getting a cup of coffee? Like, has that been done before?" She asked her assistant quietly.

"I think it has but you're pressed for time." Her assistant frowned as they walked back to the hotel. She also surveyed the surrounding buildings. "You could always do another boring shoot against a brick wall."

Mellie shook her head, "No. No I think this will have to work. Hopefully it does. It can't fail."

Mellie and her assistant gathered back at the hotel with their gear for the day as finally everyone met downstairs. It turned out Felicia, her assistant, would also be a second shooter for the morning to help and hopefully get the shots that Mellie couldn't. Mellie was nervous, she always was before shoots began. Something in her, while she shot was at ease, beforehand was always a wreck and the lack of sleep from the night before.

The whole band seemed to file into the lobby one by one as Mellie and her assistant readied their equipment. "You're alive." Alex quipped. He was always the last one to show up but always with a smile, even if he looked as tired as Mellie felt.

"So are you." Mellie said shortly.

"Did—" Rian started, looking between Alex and Mellie.

"No!" Both adults cried in unison each looking at the other before giving a small smile to another.
Mellie ended up breaking first and laughing, "Ok, let's just go get some coffee. It's early and no one fuck this up because this is all we've got for the Buzzfeed article."

"Hey, did you even read it?" Jack asked as they headed for the door. Felicia standing outside and snapping away as Mellie fell back and snapped a few of them all pushing through the doors, careful not to get either of them in any shot.

"Do I need to?" Mellie called from behind causing Jack to turn and look back at her. "Perfect." She mumbled under her breath.

Overall it was a quick shoot. Once Mellie felt they'd got enough shots she sat with Felicia and reviewed the shots over coffee, leaving the boys to keep talking. They actually managed to get some great shots of everyone including Rian and Zack, both of whom by most photos that got taken, seem to be the lesser two photographed of all the members.

With minutes to spare, Mellie bounded into the Buzznet offices to hand over her photos to the managing editor on the story, Scampering by Steve's office, "Woah. You're here!" He shouted. Mellie paused to stick her head in the door. "Hey, you could've just e-mailed."

Mellie shrugged, holding up the flash drive. "Gives me an excuse to see the city y'know." She said, walking off to turn in the small drive on the managing editor's desk before returning to Steve's office.

"Those guys didn't give you too much trouble did they?" Steve asked looking up at Mellie.

Mellie shook her head, "Nah, they were alright like always. Thanks for putting me up there, I appreciated it."

Steve nodded, "Of course. Hey, I got one more favor to ask of you."

"Shoot."

Steve closed his laptop and set back in his chair. "I need you to cover a bands club tour across the US and maybe co-write a piece for us. I know that writing usually isn't your thing and that's ok but I need someone out there for this. It could be interesting."

Mellie mulled it over, "You couldn't find anyone else willing to do it based on the reputation of the band could you?"

Steve looked at Mellie sheepishly, "Well, let's just say they're not exactly All Time Low—"

Mellie eyed steve, "I'm ok with that," she paused. "As long as it's not something like BrokeNCyde."

"I'm not sending you to hell." Steve joked.