Through the Eyes of the Broken

04

I was thankful to be back in Beacon Hills for the first time in nearly a week. Derek had returned yesterday since it was a full moon and he knew Scott would need the help. He had left me at the abandoned warehouse we had been staying in for the past few days and picked me up this morning. The other reason why I was excited about being back in Beacon Hills was the fact that Derek was going to allow me to help catch the Alpha. At first I didn't believe him, but he reassured me... multiple times I should add.

"Where do you plan on staying? Or maybe I should ask where we are staying since you just passed the hotel I was staying at..." I raised a brow at Derek. I was hoping his idea wasn't to hideout at the house. He was still wanted for murder and there was no doubt that hunters were probably looking for him also.

"You'll see," he told me. I let out a sigh as I picked at the hole in my jeans.

We went to the outskirts of town before Derek turned on an unfamiliar dirt road that lead deep into the woods. We drove for a couple of miles until there was a clearing. There were a few small log cabins that probably hadn't been used in years. The grass was overgrown reaching the windows to one of the cabins.

"Where are we?" I asked Derek when he parked.

"A campground that hasn't been used in over a decade," Derek told me.

"And you think this will be a safe place?" I questioned as we got out. I glanced around to find a bench not far from where we were parked. Safe to say that I never planned on sitting there to eat.

"For now." I once again began questioning Derek's sanity. He wanted both of us to stay in these cabins for who knows how long!

"Well, since you want to stay here you can go clean out one of the cabins so we can stay in it," I said as I crossed my arms over my chest. "'Cause I sure as hell am not staying in a place that probably has wild animals living in it." Derek seemed amused with me, but went towards the closest cabin while I stayed by the car.

A few minutes later, Derek came back out telling me that it was all clear. I followed him back inside to see how it looked. The cabin was empty of furniture which meant we would probably be sleeping on the floor. The floor itself was just plain dirty. Walls were covered with dust and a few spiderwebs in the corners. You could barely see out the windows with how filthy they were. Of course there was no electricity or water to the cabin which sucked. I guess I should be used to it by now since I had been staying in an abandoned warehouse that was basically the same way. Only difference was the fact that it was in town and not in the middle of the woods.

"So, Mr. I-don't-really-have-anything-figured-out, what are we supposed to eat? We are like twenty minutes or so from a restaurant. How am I supposed to shower? Better yet, use the bathroom! And don't say outside. So gross." I leaned against the wall only to jump away from it and scream when a spider fell on me. I knocked it off before going to stand by Derek. I couldn't live like this. "Please Derek, just get me another hotel room. I'll get a job and pay you back. Please don't make me stay out here!" Derek laughed at my reactions before finally agreeing to let me stay in town in a hotel.

-

The hotel I was staying in wasn't as fancy as the one I had been in last week. However, it was much better than the cabin in the woods. Derek told me that I didn't have to pay him back for the room, but I knew I gradually would. We both knew that I was also much safer here.

Derek was currently out searching for the Alpha while avoiding police and hunters. He was also going to check on Scott. I wanted to join him, but knew I would be holding him back. When he needed me, he would let me know. He was mostly just trying to find out more about the Alpha in hopes we could figure out who it was.

I was eating my dinner, which was pizza, when there was a knock at the door. I got up and opened it to see Scott.

"Derek has a lead on the Alpha and needs your help," he told me as soon as the door was closed from anybody who could be walking by or listening. "He told me to pick you up."

"Really?" I asked enthusiastically. He nodded. I quickly slipped my boots and jacket on before making sure to grab the key to the room.

I followed Scott outside and we walked to a dark alleyway. Derek's car pulled up and I could see Stiles was driving. I inwardly groaned as I went to the passenger side since Scott was going to the driver's side. When I got in, Stiles was sitting in the back.

"What does Derek need me to do?" I asked as we got in the car. Scott sped off before answering me.

"I'm not really sure," Scott admitted. "Derek told me to drop you off near the school though."

"Why the school?"

"It's where he was tracking the Alpha," Scott answered.

Soon enough, Scott was stopping a couple of blocks from the school. I quickly got out and he sped off. I began my way towards the school since that was where I was suppose to go.

"You said the Alpha didn't bother you, right?" Derek asked, coming out of the shadows and nearly scaring me to death. I nodded as I tried to slow my breathing. "Come on."

"You're using me at bait?" I asked quietly as we entered the school. I narrowed my eyes at him when he didn't answer. "You are." I wasn't too happy with it, but the Alpha didn't bother me last time. This time Derek would also be there in case something went wrong.

Derek put his finger to his lips to tell me to stay quiet. He listened before walking down the halls. He motioned for me to stay, so I did. He took off down the hall, leaving me where I was. "Really?" I muttered under my breath. After a few moments, I went after him. I took quick glances into the classrooms to try and find him. A few minutes later police sirens were coming from outside. I began cursing under my breath as I tried to figure out what to do next. If the police found me, they would question me about everything I knew. That I didn't need. I decided the best option was to run and try to not get caught.

I dashed through the empty halls, footsteps echoing with each step. I had only been in the high school a few times, so I didn't know my way around. Unlike someone else, I didn't have super hearing, so knowing which direction the police were coming from was nearly impossible. I turned another corner to see a door leading out of the school that was facing the back. My only choices were to go back the way I came, out that door, or hide in a classroom. All choices sucked and would probably end badly. I crouched down near the wall as I listened to the surroundings. Sirens were still going off outside, there were a faint sound of footsteps coming from the floor above, but nothing near me that I could tell. I stayed low as I went towards the door. When I got to it, I peaked out the window to see nobody even watching the door. Footsteps were now coming from the hall behind me making me choose the option of running out the door. I shoved it open before darting towards the shadowed area. Nobody saw me from what I could tell, but it didn't stop me from running, not even the fence. I quickly climbed over before dropping to the ground with a soft thud. I ran a little ways more before leaning against a brick wall. It seemed safe enough to take a quick rest.

My hands were on my knees as I was bent over trying to slow my breathing. My dark hair fell into my face when I held my head down. The only things I could hear were the police sirens in the distance and my heavy breathing. I nearly jumped out of my skin when a hand touched my back. I pulled away before glancing up and backing away in fright. The Alpha was now standing in front of me. I felt something hit the back of my head and everything went black.
♠ ♠ ♠
outfit

Okay, this is really late and I'm sorry. Between having writer's block and being busy, I slowly worked on it and changed the chapter multiple times. Hopefully it isn't too rushed and this is a short filler-ish chapter. I should be able to update faster unless I keep having problems with my back/shoulder/arm. Thank you to Maria for helping me choose what to put next. It really helped me.