Through the Eyes of the Broken

08

"Chloe! Chloe, hey wake up!" Someone was trying to shake me awake. Little did they know that it was a bit painful. I went to tell them to stop before remembering the tape over my mouth. Everything came rushing back to me as my eyes shot open to see Scott. Relief flooded over me knowing that Scott wasn't going to harm me. "Where's Derek?" he asked but I didn't completely understand him since I was still a bit out of it.

Scott helped me sit up before asking me again. At this point I began to realize that Scott had already untied me and took the tape off of my mouth. I wasn't sure how I didn't feel any of this. I tried to answer but my voice kept cracking, so I pointed the way I had came from earlier. I tried to get up, but Scott quickly reassured me that he'd come back for me after seeing the condition I was in. I leaned against the wall as I waited, rubbing my wrists from where the rope had been.

Scott kept his promise and came back out with Derek in tow. Derek helped me stand up before pulling me into a hug - something I didn't expect from him. I whimpered at the pain it was causing and he loosened his grip. "Are you okay?" I nodded since I was sure my voice would still fail me. "Can you walk?" I nodded again even though I wasn't completely sure.

Scott helped Derek and I both out of the tunnel and into the night. I was confused when I saw the Hale house not very far from where we were. How did I not know this place existed for all these years? It would be something I would have to ask Derek some time even though I had a feeling the answer had to do with them being werewolves.

I was still using Derek as support when he stopped walking and began looking around. Derek began talking about how it didn't feel right and how it was too easy to escape. Scott began telling him how none of this had been easy for him. Not even a second they finished their conversation, arrows came flying at us. The first one barely missed me, but still hit Derek. He pushed me down to the ground as he got hit by another. I was confused when he told Scott to cover his eyes until one hit the tree, lighting up the area like a firework being shot off. I was seeing spots from the flash of brightness, but after blinking a few times I could see again.

Derek pulled the arrows out of him before helping me up, wrapping my arm around his waist to help me walk. I took a quick glance behind us to see Allison and Kate, realizing Allison was the one shooting at us. Derek helped Scott up and the three of us began heading towards the house. Derek dropped back to the ground and told Scott and I to keep going. Scott helped me for a few steps before sitting back on the ground also. I took a quick glance at both of them before stumbling the rest of the way to the house, not stopping until I was inside with the door closed. I went towards the staircase, collapsing on them when I found them. I was too tired and sore to climb up the rest of the way. It wasn't me they were after, making it safe enough for me. I was worried about Derek and Scott though.

I nearly jumped out of my skin when the door began to creak open minutes later. I began backing myself up the stairs as it opened wider. My eyes were wide and my heart was thumping wildly against my chest. It was like a scene out of a horror movie, and I was just waiting for someone or something to come after me.

I could hear barely make out the commotion that was happening outside over the rain that was now hitting the roof, but couldn't see what was happening. I was quite surprised when Peter came in dragging Kate with him. He took a quick glance at me on the stairs before going into what once used to be a living room. Allison came running in shortly afterward, not even noticing me. I went down the few stairs I had gone up before joining Allison's side.

"She is beautiful, Kate. She looks like you. Probably not as damaged. So I'm going to give you a chance to save her. Apologize. Say that you're sorry for decimating my family, for leaving me burned and broken for six years. Say it and I'll let her live," Peter spoke, his claws against Kate's throat. Kate gave a lame ass apology that I didn't even believe. Of course she wasn't sorry. "I don't know about you, Allison, but that apology didn't sound very sincere. Did it to you, Chloe?" I shook my head no, not expecting what Peter had planned. He ripped Kate's throat out as Allison screamed next to me. I stood in shock at what I had just witnessed.

Kate fell to the floor as blood gushed out, the life leaving her eyes. My eyes stayed on her as she bled to death on the floor. Peter did as he said he would do. He got his revenge and the bitch was now dead. The fact didn't sink into my mind though. I couldn't wrap my head around what I saw and it would forever be etched into my mind. I knew what Peter could do as well as Scott and Derek for the matter. I just didn't think I'd ever see any of them actually kill someone.

I didn't even realize what was going on around me until Allison pulled on my wrist, forcing me to move. I didn't understand why until I saw a werewolf Scott and Derek. I followed her out of the house, letting the three werewolves fight. I was confused as to what was actually happening and who was on what side. All I knew was that Peter killed Kate, and it looked like Scott and Derek were going after Peter. Something wasn't right and I could feel it.

Scott went flying out through the window not far from where I was standing, snapping me from my thoughts. A full transformed Alpha came out after him seconds later. I backed up away from them as the Alpha got close to Scott. I glanced around to try and find Derek, but didn't see him anywhere. Bright headlights pulled up to where we were revealing Stiles and Jackson. Stiles threw something towards the Alpha and he caught it. Scott quickly tossed Allison her bow and she shot it as it burst into flames. The Alpha's arm caught on fire as I remembered that it was Peter who was the Alpha. Another cocktail was thrown at him, engulfing him in fire. It was as if history was repeating itself. Tears filled my eyes as I watched the Alpha burn. There was nothing I could do and even if I could, I'd be too scared to try.

Peter began shifting back into human form revealing his burned flesh. I had to look away. I sat down on the ground and covered my face with my hands. Everything was happening too fast for me to even comprehend. It felt like a nightmare, yet it wasn't. This wasn't the life I came for when I returned to Beacon Hills.

"Wait! You said the cure comes from the one who bit you. Derek, if you do this, I'm dead. Her father, her family - what am I supposed to do?" Scott asked. I looked up to see Derek over Peter.

"Derek! Don't!" I cried out except it came out all hoarse. He didn't listen to either of us as he slashed Peter's burnt neck.

He stood up before looking towards everyone. "I'm the Alpha now." He ignored them as he walked towards me. I scooted away from him, not wanting to be around him after what he just did. "Chloe, I had to. He killed Laura on purpose." He knelt down beside me. "You have to believe me." I shook my head as tears fell down my cheeks.

"You could've let Scott do so. He was your uncle!"

"He was psychotic and liked to manipulate people," Derek tried to explain. It didn't matter though. I was angry at myself for believing Peter when a part of me knew something wasn't right. I was angry at Derek for killing Peter. I felt betrayed by both of them.

I pushed myself off of the ground and tried to walk away, but Derek grabbed my arm to stop me. "Leave me alone," I hissed. Derek let go of me before heading inside of the house.

I began walking away from everyone else that was still hanging around the Hale house. They were talking among each other, trying to figure out what to do next with the bodies. Scott noticed me and asked if I wanted a ride back into town which I agreed to. Before we could leave though, the man I didn't know stopped us.

"Can I talk to you real quick?" he asked, aiming the question towards me. I took a quick glance at Scott and he nodded for me to. I walked away from him and went with the guy. "Scott tells me that Kate held you captive as well?" I nodded. "I'm sorry for everything my sister put you through. May I ask how you know Derek?"

"The Hale family raised me after my parents died. I knew all about them, but never seen anything like tonight," I admitted to him while trying to defend the Hale name as well.

"I'm going to have Allison take you to emergency room. The bill will be on me for everything you went through. Deal?" I didn't really know what to say. I was half expecting him to be like Kate, but he wasn't. He was nicer and wanted to help me.

"All right, but who are you exactly?" I questioned as we began walking back towards the group of teens that were lingering around.

"Chris Argent, Allison's father," he answered, before telling us all we needed to leave.

Allison drove me to the hospital like her father asked her to. Scott and Stiles had came along - which her dad wasn't too happy with - wanting to check on Lydia. They had quickly caught me up in the car that Peter had bit her at their winter formal.

"Mom!" Scott said to a woman sitting behind the counter. She glanced away from the computer screen to see me. She quickly rushed over as Scott began telling her the lie we had planned. I was supposed to have been in an accident and they found me. She began asking all kinds of questions as she quickly got me wheelchair to sit in. Scott winked at me before using this chance to go check on his friend.

I was in the hospital all night being questioned and having tests done. There was nothing severely wrong with me other than a few cuts and bruises as well as some pulled muscles. Scott's mom, Melissa, was quite surprised at the fact that I didn't break a bone. I was given painkillers for the pain and Melissa had cleaned my wounds, making me feel a bit better.

The painkillers made me tired, but I couldn't sleep at all. The day's events kept reoccurring in my head. I was betrayed by Peter and Derek, the only two people I considered family. With Peter being dead, I was now left with Derek who never really seemed to care for me. If he cared even a little bit, he would have been at the hospital by now to check on me.

"Still not asleep?" Melissa questioned as she came in to check on me. She seemed quite surprised that I was still awake. I shrugged a little bit since I didn't care to talk. "I'm sorry, sweetheart. If I could give you something to sleep, I would." Of course I already knew this. "Try and get some sleep. I promise you will better when you wake up." She lightly patted my leg before leaving me alone in the room with my thoughts.

I took her advice and tried to get comfortable in the hospital bed, careful to not rip out any of the monitors they had on me. My eyes began to close as the hellish day played over in my dreams, making them a nightmare.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, so here is the last part. Onto Season 2 now...