Status: will be decently active

Frostbite

Chapter 1

"Dad can I ride Frost today?" I asked, eyes on my breakfast.
I knew the answer.
No.
"Mavis." he sighed. "Your not gonna be able to control him."
"But dad!"
Mavis. Seeing you almost crushed under a horse I trained was the worst day of my life." He said harshly, raw emotion seeped into his voice. "I won't let it happen again."
"That's not fair! Matt, Tyler and hell even Ashley who's practically glued to the saddle have fallen off" I shout slamming my hands down on the sleek tabletop.
"Fallen off! Not crushed under the horse!" He shouted back.
"That's enough! Both of you." my mother Ellen said from her seat. Her normally happy expression replaced by agitation.
"Mavis go feed the horses before they climb out of their stalls." She sighed taking a sip of her coffee.
Frowning I exit the house onto the back porch, the chilly October air doing little to improve my mood.
Nearing the barn the distinct sounds of the horses reached my ears. Soft neigh's and whickers, the sound of Vlad kicking his food bucket around. Rolling my eyes I slide the heavy barn door open 20 horses greeted me with loud whinnies and calls.

"Morning guys." I say flicking on the lights . Its Monday so I have feeding duty and letting the horses out. Their owners muck out their stalls.
The first stall housed my favorite.
Frostbite a white Dutch Warmblood dad bought as a "Prospect" dressage horse. Not long after he bought him dad discovered his natural talent is jumping. But he lost a all the shows he was put in, so dad figured he needed some more training and rest.
"Hey Frost" I grin petting his velvety muzzle. The tall horse nudges my chest, snuffling against my cheek eagerly smacking his lips together.
"Your hungry I know" I chuckle patting his neck one more time before heading down the stall row collecting buckets. Each stall has automatic water dispensers so I didn't need to water anyone.
After a short fight with Vlad over his bucket I begin the strenuous task of giving everyone the correct amount of oats and medication if needed.
After returning the buckets to their stalls I head back to frost's stall. Holding the bucket against my chest I sigh happily when he shoves his large head in and starts munching.
"you like your food huh." I say running my fingers through his snow white mane. A snort answers.
For awhile I just stay with him for awhile longer. Talking about my hopes for him and myself.
Sliding frost's door closed I jump at the sight of dad standing in front of Renegades stall.
For a moment we stand in silence neither of us wanting to talk first.
"You can ride Frost. But if you get hurt-"
"Dad I won't. You always tell me to trust my mount and he will trust you." I say hugging his waist.
"I cant loose you." he says into my hair.
"you won't. Dad."
♠ ♠ ♠
Just gonna jump right into the story. Hope you enjoy! I will be doing alot of research to make sure every aspect of the story is correct. I ride horses but I've never jumped through so ill try as hard as I can to capture the moments.