Status: will be decently active

Frostbite

Chapter 2

"So your gonna ride Frost huh" Ashley said easing Vlad to a walk beside me. I was headed to Arena 2 to help mom give lessons.
"Yup dad said I could. Finally." I answer grinning up at her patting Vlad's shinny shoulder. The dark gray horse grunts almost knocking me over with a powerful nudge.
"I cant tell you how freaking awesome you guys are gonna be!" she squeals. Vlad's ears flatten at her sudden outburst.
"I hope." I smile at the crazy blonde. Ashley is the life of the party, always happy. Of course I've never seen her as happy as the day dad agreed to let her pay for Vlad over time. He's her baby and some would say she's his.
"Dont be so humble. Frost is a beast over jumps and your obviously awesome." She scoffed rubbing Vlad's shoulder as we continued on.
"Your right about Frost. He is a beast, hard to believe he cant do dressage very well." I muse looking down the lane abit.
"Maybe you'll be like Edward Gall and Totilas. Now that's a team, well besides your dad and Renegade. Obviously." She gushed.
Rolling my eyes I look back up at her "how about we get me on the horse first. Showing him depends on how parental dad gets."
"Well just do your best ok" Ashley says patting my shoulder. "I gotta go. See you at dinner Mavis." she says turning the right rein away tapping Vlad in to a trot.
"Bye!" I holler. I doubt she heard me tho. Vlad's hoof beats sound like thunder, doesn't help that the ground shakes when he gallops.
Kinda like a Hanoverian Earthquake.
Everything was silent for awhile. The sounds of horses and kids laughing carried by the wind.
"Mavis!" glancing over to Arena A I see Matt Black dads top rider next to Ashley of course, struggling to control Katana. The black horse danced around matt tossing his head and whinnying loudly. Katana is a Sellé Francáis, a very powerful show jumping and dressage horse originating from France.
Katana's at an Olympic level in Dressage.
Matt imported from France as his new partner after his Friesian mare Esme was retired.
Katanas only problem is his anxiety, he seems to have it the worst before practice and shows.
"Can you help me out!" matt yells when katana rears up on his powerful hind legs a loud shrill cry pierces the chilly air.
"yeah, yeah! " I chuckle entering the arena walking slowly towards Kat so I dont startle him with my sudden presence.
"Easy Kit Kat." I say taking the reins from matt. Matt looks flustered as all hell, he's not used to a horse with as much anxiety as katana and it showed.
I rub the shuttering muscles in Kat's neck until he's calm enough for the mounting block.
Matt sighs behind me "I dont know how you do it kid."
Once on matt turns the horse around starts to trot along the fence.
"We'll talk later about you calling my horse Kit Kat!" He smirks at me as Katana starts the Piaffe in the center of the arena.
Climbing onto the fence I watch the dancing duo moves across the arena in a display of pure grace and power. The two were amazing once they got going, sometimes I think Katana's fluid extended trot rivals Renegades.
I hope deep down that Frost and I are a good team. I dont like to think about someone else riding him. It wasn't fun watching him compete with other riders even tho he lost.

"Tomorrow" I tell myself as I slide off the fence continuing towards Arena 2.
♠ ♠ ♠
Arenas 1 & 2 are very large arenas were as Arena A, B &C are much smaller.