A Boy Named Evan

Sweet Dreams

Rosie’s P.O.V:

After school I was planning to meet up with Evan. At lunch I had explained the real reason for my absence for the past two weeks. I ran away from home after my dad had yelled at me for being together with Evan. When I came home, my dad grounded me and told me to never see Evan again. Being stupid, I listened to him but now, I didn’t care what he thought was best for me. He doesn’t know Evan so he can’t judge him. Fuck him. I still had a whole lesson of English left before the end of school. I hate English. It’s so boring. So I decided to daydream instead…about Evan of course.

Evan’s P.O.V:

I had already packed up my books and pencil case ten minutes before the bell. Come on! This lesson has lasted for ever! Ding-ding-ding-ding. Finally! I was the first person out the classroom for once. I hurried to my bag, shoved my stuff in and slung it over my shoulder. I saw Rosie coming out of class. She looked miserable. Was she crying? Her eyes were puffy and her cheeks were red. “What happened to you?” I asked as she approached me. “Rosie?”
“How did everyone know!?” she yelled in anger.
“Know what? Why are you angry with me?” What had I done?
“They were all teasing me! They called me the emo’s girlfriend!” she yelled. “Then they told me to watch my back because you might come after me next!” Shit! Fucking jocks!
“I’m not coming after you Rosie. That’s just stupid. I’m not a murderer!” I told her. “They found out because I forgot to put my glove back on before art. I’m sorry. I was just so happy and it completely crossed my mind.”
“I’m not blaming you Evan. Sorry for getting so angry. They just really got to me” she said calmly. “I don’t want to talk about that today. Let’s talk about happy things.”
“I’d like that.” She put her books in her bag and we walked to my house, hand in hand. Everything was the way it should have been.

Rosie’s P.O.V:

I sat on Evan’s bed and called my dad to tell him that I was at a friend’s house. He yelled at me of course and told me to come home because I was grounded but I hung up on him. I hate my dad. He doesn’t understand. After Evan and I had talked for a while, we ate tea and I headed up to Evan’s bedroom. Evan wasn’t back in his room yet. He had gone to get the spare TV. I took this opportunity to get changed into the same clothes he gave me the last time I was here. When I was changed he was still not back, so I took this chance to snoop around a bit. I walked over to his dresser. There were several random things on top; an empty coke can, deodorant and a picture of him and his family. Walking back to his bed, I noticed a photograph that was slid half beneath his pillow. Curiously, I picked it up and looked at it. Oh my god! It was a photo of me sleeping! I didn’t even know that he took this! “Enjoying yourself there?” Evan asked with a smirk on his face. I jumped out of my skin. Turning to face him, I shook the photo in his face.
“What’s this?” I asked. As he noticed what I had found, his cheeks flushed bright red.
“Oh…um…I took that the last time you were here” he said shyly. “I got bored in the morning. And you looked so peaceful.”
“That’s so sweet Evan” I said smiling at him.
“Thanks. I’ve needed that photo over the last couple of weeks” he said softly. There was a long silence. ‘So, what movie do you want to watch?” I looked through his many DVD’s and finally found one.
“This one. Is that okay?” I asked, handing it to him.
“Yeah fine” he replied. I had never heard of the movie I picked but it had the scariest looking cover so it had to be good. Evan put it on and we both sat on his bed underneath a blanket. Gees, this movie was creepy. I found myself cuddling up to Evan as the scary parts were on and by the end of the movie, he was holding me tight and I had buried my head into his chest.

Evan’s P.O.V:

“Is it over?” Rosie asked me, her voice quivering. She was really scared.
“Yes. It’s okay now. I’m here.” She took her head away from my chest and smiled at me.
“Good” she said. “That movie was really scary!” I couldn’t help but laugh at her. She hit me hard in the side. “It was!”
“Yeah, sure it was” I said sarcastically. She hit me again.
“Ouch!” I yelled. She was a really hard hitter.
“Oops, sorry” she said whilst laughing at me. I laughed back. I looked at my alarm clock.
“It’s almost midnight already” I stated.
“So?” replied Rosie, her voice still full of laughter.
‘We have to go to school tomorrow” I answered.
‘Bugga” she said, disappointed.
“I would love to stay up and talk to you all night but we should go to bed.” I sighed.
“Yeah, you’re probably right.” She agreed. As I got up and headed for the light switch, Rosie yelled at me. “No! Don’t turn the light off! I’m scared!” Awe, how cute.
“Well, you have me” I turned the light off and slowly made my way back to my bed in pitch black. After getting changed into my pyjamas, I got under the sheets.
“Evan! She whined. “I’m really scared!”
“You’ll be fine” I said, comforting her. I wrapped my arms around her waist. “Trust me” I whispered into her ear before kissing her softly on the lips. She wrapped her arms around my neck.
“I do” she whispered back. Soon after, I fell asleep.