A Boy Named Evan

Detention

No one’s P.O.V:

As soon as the end of school bell went that afternoon, Rosie and Evan hurried to detention for the first time in their lives. It was cold, wet and raining outside so by the time they had both arrived at the detention room, they were soaking and miserable.

Rosie’s P.O.V:

“Hey Rosie.” I heard the unmistakable sweet voice of Evan coming from the corner of the room as I entered.
“Hi” I replied. We were both soaked from head to toe because of the rain. “Gees, it’s freezing in here!”
“Put this on.” He handed me his black leather jacket. It was really warm from his body heat. As I looked into his perfect eyes, the colour came back to my face. How nice of him. He must be freezing.
“Thanks” I said.
“No problem. Look, I brought my guitar with me.” He pointed to the coolest effing black and red guitar that I’ve ever seen. “Wanna hear me play?”
“Of course!” I replied, trying not to sound too desperate.

Evan’s P.O.V:

Finally, I can lay to someone who is eager to listen to me. I plugged in the guitar and started to play the most hardcore song I knew. After playing for about ten minutes or so, I studied Rosie’s face. She was so interested in what I was playing as she sat completely still on the table in front of me. I must be impressing her. Suddenly her eyes met mine and we both quickly looked away. What the hell was that!? I stopped playing and then started again, but this time I played a romantic ballad. I looked across to where Rosie was still peacefully sitting. “Do you mind if I sing?” I asked.
“You can sing as well!? Of course I don’t mind. Go ahead.” She looked sweetly at me. As I sang, each note made my heart pound louder and louder. I could see Rosie in the corner of my eye, hanging on my every word. Did she know that each word was about her and how beautiful and unique she was? Of course not. I finished the song that I was singing and placed my guitar silently on the floor beside me.

Rosie’s P.O.V:

His voice…Evan is an angel - a saint. Yet despite having the voice of an innocent, sweet guy, he was such a bad ass. “That was really, really good” I told him, trying my hardest not to stare into his eyes. Too late. I guess that he felt the same about me because the instant our eyes met, we both leant forward and lightly kissed each others lips. Oh no. my heart was pounding uncontrollably and my lips were trembling from his soft touch. I think I’m in love. “Will you go out with me?” I asked, out of the blue. Evan responded to my question with another kiss except this time, it was a harder, longer kiss. His experienced tongue massaged mine as I could only stand there paralysed, unable to break the bond between us. We parted for a brief moment before he again started to kiss me with even more passion. Evan slid his hands behind by back pulling me impossibly closer to him. I could feel his heart beat against my chest guessing that he could also feel the irregular thuds of my heart beating against him.

Evan’s P.O.V:

Oh shit! What am I doing!? Was she actually being serious? Does she really want to go out with me or was it just a joke? She is obviously inexperienced at the whole girlfriend/boyfriend thing because she doesn’t quite know how to kiss. At that moment, Rosie flowed her delicate hands through my hair causing me to push up closer to her. I guess that she meant it. I never want to leave this position. Never want to end our kiss. Suddenly, the door to the detention room opened and we froze instantly, my tongue still exploring Rosie’s mouth and our lips still locked firmly together. It was Mrs Pinole who should have been here forty minutes ago! Shit!!!

No one’s P.O.V:

“What is going on here!?” Mrs Pinole screeched.
“Oh…um…well…” Evan stuttered. This was the first time in his life that he was speechless and couldn’t think of a way to stand up for himself and save his ass.
“It just kind of happened” Rosie whispered, still in shock. “We didn’t plan it.”
“I’m going to have to report this to the principal! You should both be ashamed of yourselves! Things like this don’t just happen!” Exclaimed Mrs Pinole.
“Wait a minute lady!” Evan yelled at the stuck up teacher. “Since when has there been a school rule against loving someone!?”
“It’s not the love that I care about, it’s the amount of physical contact between you two that I am concerned with.” Mrs Pinole explained. At that moment, Rosie’s dad walked in the room to pick her up. Luckily, Evan and Rosie had stopped embracing each other. “Oh, Mr Dawson, if I may have a word. You’ve come at the perfect time!”

Rosie’s P.O.V:

Oh, fuck!!! That stupid, stuck up whore that has the nerve to call herself a teacher is going to tell my dad what just happened! If he finds out that I am going out with a boy as bad as Evan, he will do everything in his power to split us up. But it’s too late now to protest. Dad came storming back into the room and grabbed my arm, giving Evan a dirty look, one that he didn’t deserve. I wasn’t going to try and free myself from his grip and run for it. The consequences would be awful. I am in so much trouble!

Evan’s P.O.V:
Oh no! Rosie’s dad looks like he’s going to kill her! I have to do something! “Hey, Mr! I kissed your daughter! She tried to back off but I held her against me!” I yelled “She tastes so sweet” I added in a teasing tone. Oh, fuck!!!

THWAK!!!