Status: This story will alternate between John and the OC.

This Fragile Game

Him

I sat looking at the last thing Kay had spray painted under the bridge, it was a portrait of me and it took her a month to finish it and she surprised me with it for my birthday after the first show I had played with The Maine.

I wasn’t the same person that was in the painting anymore. I’ve felt lost for the longest time and all of the songs I have written are proof of that.

I finished off my cigarette and threw the bud on the ground stepping on it as I walked the small path to the top of the bridge. I stood there watching the sun rise taking in its beauty. I’ve watched many sunrises from all over the world but nothing could come close to Arizona’s sunrises.

When I got back home both my parents were awake in the kitchen getting ready to go to work.
“Good morning sweetie” My mother said kissing my cheek.

“There’s still some breakfast left over if you want some.” She said
“Thanks ma. Love you” I said as she walked out the door.

I sighed and walked upstairs to my room falling into my bed.

I really don’t know how I’ve hit such a low point in my life. I should be happy, I have my dream job, wonderful people that surround me and a beautiful girl who loves me. I just can’t return the feelings. I gave my heart away long ago and I’ve never gotten it back.

So I decided to ‘break up’ with the girl I had been sleeping with for the past 4 months. She was perfect, but I didn’t want to keep her from a guy that would be able to love her.

I couldn’t love her. And I broke up with her in the worst way possible, I wrote a song for her telling her I didn’t love her. And I definitely deserved her kneeing me in the balls.

☼ ☼ ☼ ☼


I woke up around noon and had to meet the guys at Pat’s house at two. So I decided to kill some time.
I walked into the small coffee shop and ordered my coffee. While I was waiting I felt some one tap my shoulder I turned around to see Kay with a smile on her face.

“John! I thought it was you.” She said with a smile.
“Yeah it’s me. I’m still tall and lanky” I said pulling her into a hug.

“You look really good. And I’m really sorry for running you over the other day” I said and she blushed.

“It’s no problem.” She smiled
We both laughed awkwardly

She cleared her throat smiled lightly “well it was good seeing you John”
I nodded “you too”
And then she walked out of the coffee shop.

“Dude you should have gotten her number” Bryce, the barista told me and I rolled my eyes. “Shut up” I mumbled know he was right. I had just let the girl I had been pining after walk out.
So I grabbed my coffee and ran out after her.

“Kay! Hey Kay wait up!” I yelled as I ran but I couldn’t quite catch up with her “Kay, please wait” I yelled as I tripped over myself and fell to the ground.

I sat up quickly and realized that I was still in my room and it all had been a dream and I had fallen out of my bed.

I groaned and laid back down on the floor.

I needed to stop having this pity party and find her. If she was still into art than she would eventually have an art show around town.

And that would be the first place that I needed to look.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry it has taken so long for me to update. I didn't plan on taking 2 months. I was in a really bad ca accident at the beginning of my Christmas break that totaled my car and I've been stuck in a stupid neck brace for the past month which has given me no motivation to do anything but lay in bed and watch Grey's Anatomy and One Tree Hill. Take it from me, don't text and drive. PLEASE. it can wait. I lost my car and I could have died because of some careless driver.

I'm doing a lot better now, and I'm hoping that the doc says I can take this brace off next week. If you pray please say one for me !

Katie has the next chapter like always !

Stay awesome guys ! and DON'T TEXT AND DRIVE !

love y'all
Rachael