Status: One-shot

The Ceiling and Us

Read

The alarm clock on the end table emitted a loud “beep” signaling it was already seven in the morning, but neither of the two figures lying on the bed seemed to care. Both Spencer and (Y/N) were silently staring at the ceiling, eyes wide open in confusion and disbelief, their backs flat on the mattress, their continuous gulps as a reminder of the awkward situation they were in. Neither of them had the courage to speak, maybe because they were too embarrassed, maybe because they didn’t know what to say, maybe for both reasons. (Y/N) held the sheets against her chest in a tight grip, a useless attempt to cover her almost bare body and avoid further embarrassment; Spencer kept licking and biting his lower lips, taking sharp breaths now and then. He was the first one to wake up, with his head resting on something warm and soft ―a very pleasant feeling, he had thought. His eyes had instantaneously flown open, snatching him away from his state of numbness, as he had discovered that something to be a breast, (Y/N)’s breast. He had cautiously removed himself from that position, trying desperately to remember how they had ended like that, then (Y/N) had began to stretch and wake up as well. And now there they were, both half naked in his bed, the last clear memory being their laughters and the wine in their glasses.

After ten full minutes of uncomfortable silence, the girl finally decided to speak:
“I invoke your eidetic memory to figure out what the fuck has happened here.”
“Actually, the eidetic memory is more related to what I read rath-”
“Spencer…” she cut him off
“Sorry, blame it on nervousness..." he sighed "anyway, I really don’t know how we ended up here, I was hoping you do…”
“…And I don’t.” she stated
Spencer took a deep breath, his eyes not leaving the ceiling.
“Okay,” he started “I remember you came over here to spend the evening watching horror movies… And when the last movie ended I offered you some wine… ”
“True, we were perfectly okay there” she confirmed
He nodded and continued:
“Then we… kept drinking, I suppose, and we… t-the situation must have escalated and…” he trailed off

The two fell into an uncomfortable silence once again, each one replying in their minds the events of the previous night from the beginning to the moment when everything became a blur. They stayed like that for a few minutes, still not moving, still not meeting the other’s gaze.
“Maybe we didn’t do it…” the man said eventually, almost in a whisper
“Yes we did it.” (Y/N) interrupted him again “I can… feel it.”
He finally turned his head to her and she did the same, his eyes met hers and he furrowed his brows quizzically.
“What do you mean with you "feel it”?“
"I mean exactly that. I feel it.” She pointed to her covered legs with her head “I feel… wet.”
Her cheeks turned to a deep shade of red and his did the same, him swallowing hard as he got what she was trying to say, yet hoping she wasn’t right.
“The fact that you’re… wet” he paused to bit his lip ―and (Y/N) noticed it “doesn’t mean that we did it…”
“No, trust me. I’m not only wet, I’m wet like when you c-co-" she swallowed hard "For God’s sake... I’m all wet.”
And right when she was sure she couldn’t blush any worse, she did. Her face got hot and she swore he could see it, but she didn’t even care much since his state was even worse than hers after hearing those words. He got back on his back and brought one hand to his hair, removing a few locks from his face.
“So what now?” He then said
“I don’t know.”
She took a few moments to think of what to say next, she had something in mind but she knew it could have solved the whole thing or ruined everything irreparably. Analyzing the situation though, there wasn’t much to do that could have saved them from this embarrassment. Every possible way led to forcing them to face the other and finally take that one step out of the fake naivety they both lived in, naivety about their relationship, about their feelings.
She closed her eyes and took one deep, deep breath:
“We have two options," she begun "We can… We can get out of this bed and pretend it never happened, never talk about it again and leave it behind... somehow, and this is the difficult option.”
Spencer propped on one side, listening carefully and nodding in response as she paused for a moment.
“...Or we can face this thing and start to be honest to ourselves once and for all, and this is the very difficult option.”
A questioning frown formed on his face but they both knew he had gotten what she meant.
“Look Spencer,” she continued “I know we were wasted and were the only two people in the house… but among all the things we could have done we had sex. I think there is a reason if we did just that and not something else like, I don’t know, sitting on the couch and laughing like two morons, telling secret and embarrassing stories about ourselves, dancing around the house with our underwear on our heads… ―Yes, I did that while being drunk.”
They both chuckled at the comment and then became serious again.
“What I mean, Spencer, is that at this point it’s useless to keep pretending that nothing’s going on between us…” she said softly, and then she closed her eyes as she felt a little embarrassed, like she had exposed herself a little too much.
She hoped with all of her heart she hadn’t mistaken everything, she hoped she hadn’t dreamt all the attentions, the glances, the intense moments they shared. She opened her eyes when she felt his soft hand caressing her cheek lovingly. Their gazes met and by looking into each other’s eyes they just understood, like they were reading the other’s mind, like that one look meant more than a million words.
“I’m sorry.” he spoke quietly after licking his lips ―which (Y/N) noticed again
“You don’t have to be sorry, it’s not like you forced me or anything, I was drunk but if I hadn’t wanted to be touched by you I would have-”
“I wasn’t referring to that” he interrupted her “I’m sorry that my first time with you was while I was barely myself and I can’t even remember it.”
“I know,” she answered with a sad expression, his hands now stroking her hair gently “I’m sorry about that too. I really wish we could have another first time.”
She giggled at the thought but their expressions changed immediately and simultaneously, like the same idea had hit them at the same time. They locked eyes once more and a grin appeared on both their faces before their lips met in a passionate kiss. It was just a second and their mouths almost melted together, her hand tangled in his hair, his fingers grazing the silk skin of her neck and shoulder. Soft moans escaped his mouth after a minute or two as her lips parted from his just to move to the spot on his neck right below his ear, his hand leaving her cheek to rest on her waist. She kept kissing and sucking that sensitive spot, then with a quick move she changed position from lying on their sides to her being on top of him. (Y/N) proceeded with tracing a path of wet kisses from his jaw to the base of his neck to his collarbones and chest. When she arrived to his torso he removed the sheets from her body revealing her bare back, her panties still on although they were slightly lowered from the mess of the previous night. On the other hand Spencer was already completely naked and, washed by a sudden sense of boldness, (Y/N) shifted one of her hands between their bodies and placed it on his hardened length. The man gasped at the unexpected move and his breaths became thick and rhythmless as she started pumping him gently, her mouth still attached to his now sweaty skin. After a couple of minutes he brought a hand under her chin taking her face close to his, and (Y/N) stopped her actions between his thighs. He was already missing her touch, but right now he wanted to try something himself. The long haired man sat on the bed and the girl sat on his lap. She took his face in her hands and kissed him deeply, then he parted from her and placed her with her butt on the mattress and her back against the night stand, him kneeling on the bed in front of her slightly opened legs. He bent down and kissed her once more, but she grabbed his hand and placed it on her chest. She moaned in pleasure and he sighed at the sweet feeling of her soft breast in his hand. He could feel her nipple hardening under his palm as he squeezed gently.
“Spencer…” she managed to call between moans “I need you to touch me… Ah! m-more..”
She gasped as he rubbed both her hardened buds with his fingers, her head falling back in pleasure as she felt like she could come with only that. He smiled, content with the reaction he was suscitating. He then took her breasts full in his hands and squeezed a little harder before lowering his mouth and taking one nipple between his lips, still stimulating the other one with his fingers. She just kept moaning and whispering his name as she slipped the hand that wasn’t entangled in his locks down between her thighs, using her legs to push her panties down and rubbing her clit with her index and middle finger. When he noticed what she was doing he used his free hand to remove her own hand from her slit and started doing the work for her, without releasing her breasts from his grip and his mouth. She arched her back in ecstasy moaning even louder as she felt the sweet sensation starting to build in her stomach. He must have known she was close, because he intensified the rubbing on her trobbing bundle of nerves and stuck the tip of his tongue out, alternating the licking and the sucking on her sensitive nipples. With that it didn’t take long for the girl to lose it and a few moments later she released her juices on his hand, eyes shut and lips parted as the orgasm washed over her.
He lifted his head to see her face, not wanting to miss the ecstasy pervading her beautiful features. He begun to slow his actions to help her ride off her high and they both smiled at each other, (Y/N) still panting, and shared a sweet and loving kiss. After her nod of approval, he positioned his length between her legs and entered her slowly, both of them gasping at the new feeling. He bent down so he was now hovering her and buried his face in the crook of her neck as he started pumping in and out, their names and their moans filling the room, the only other sound being their bodies slamming together and the creaking of the bed.
“Oh (Y/N)… You’re so- so tight…” he hardly whispered in her ear “This is… so good”
They maintained the pace for a while, but as they were both close to the edge Spencer increased his thrusts and reached with one hand to (Y/N)’s clit once more, rubbing it and tracing circles around it even more furiously than before.
When they eventually came they stayed in that position for a few minutes, unable to move; they just kept panting and looking into each others’ eyes with the most loving expressions on their faces. They shared a few more kisses and then he slipped out of her. They laid on their backs once again, closer to each other this time, until she climbed off the bed and handed him a tissue before heading to the bathroom.

When she came back neither of them had bothered to put some clothes on so she just laid back down and rested her head on his chest as he held her tight to his body. He smiled down at her and placed a kiss on her hair.
“I feel like we were so stupid for not speaking before” she spoke
“Actually, we haven’t done it yet”
(Y/N) lifted her head to meet his gaze.
“I think words are no longer needed…”
They both chuckled, connecting their lips for maybe the millionth time that morning. Then they just stayed like that, hands rubbing circles on the other's skin, soft breaths filling the air until (Y/N) fell in a peaceful sleep once more lulled by the sound of Spencer’s heart beating ―a heart that now she knew was beating for her.