Take It out on Me

Chapter 4

I left the stadium with Tyler to head to James’ place. For someone I just met, we hit it off pretty good.
He’s not freaking out because of who I am or who my dad is, everyone else does.
I texted James telling him I was on the way and that I was bringing a friend.
After a 15 minute drive we reached James’ house. I jumped out of the truck and headed inside.
I didn’t bother to knock, due to the fact that he told me come on in when I got here.
“James. Were here” I yelled as I entered the front door.
“In my office” I heard him yell from down the hall.
We made our way to his office, when I walked in I saw a guy sitting at his desk with him. Blonde hair, very cute.
“Finally you showed up” they guy sitting with James spoke up
“Uhm, excuse me?” I questioned him, not knowing who he was and what his problem was.
“Not you sweetie. I'm talking to Tyler” He smiled
“Oh…” I laughed it off
“I told you I was on the way” Tyler told him as we took a seat in James’ office.
“Wait you two know each other?” I asked pointing at each of them
“Yeah, this is my band mate Brian I was telling you about when you asked” he laughed
“oooohhh….okay!” I kind of felt stupid, but I just blew it off.
“So Brian did you bring that demo?” James asked him, he nodded and handed it to him.
He popped it into his computer and hit play so we could hear it.
“You get your hands in it, plant your roots in it
Dusty head lights dance with your boots in it”
Started playing from the speakers, the way it started out just sounded amazing.
I wasn’t even paying attention to the guys, I was zoned into the song.
“So what did you think of it?” James asked me pulling me out of my daze
“I loved it, Can I talk to you a second James?” I started walking towards the door.
“sure” he followed me and shut the door.
“Can we sign them like RIGHT now?” I asked “I already have a name for the label”
“Yeah actually we can. I wrote up the papers earlier” he smiled, knowing that I would be happy to hear that
We walked back into his office where Tyler and Brian were talking, probably about us.
“So I have a question for you two. If you want I would like to sign yall to I-20 records” I tried to stay as calm as I could, praying that they would say yes.
They looked at each other, nodded and said yes at the same time.
I let out a squeal when they said yes, I couldn’t control it anymore. I just signed my first artists to MY label.
This was awesome; these two were definitely going places in country music.
We went out to James’ backyard and just talked about the label and what plans we had for them.
I finally remembered I needed to show James my apology.
“Hey James, I got that apology finished”
“Okay let me see” he said, I pulled out my phone and went to my music library and hit play.
“I thought things couldn’t get much worse but guess what they did. You hit my heart upside with a wrecking ball, oh but that’s what I get. I'm not going nowhere, I can live on my prayers, Cause I’m done playing nice, I’m done running for life because you think that you got me scared…..”
The song played and he had this look on his face like he was mad,
“I know you’re probably mad as hell at me, but I don’t really give a damn. I’m not going to apologize” I said standing my ground
“I’m not mad, very surprised though. But I LOVE it” He pulled me into a hug.
We all decided to head home, and that we would talk some other time about everything.
Once I was home, I pulled out my phone and decided to text my long time friend Jonathan
S: Hey, long time no talk.
J: Seriously. Whats been up?
S: The usual celebrity stuff, as well as starting my own label(:
J: Did you really? Thanks awesome
S: Yes I did, and thanks.
J: NP. So I heard about what happened in NY
S: Oh yeah THAT! They want me to apologize for that shit
J: Just tell them ‘We don’t apologize and that’s just the way it is’
S: Great lyric quote. Lol I recorded a song I'm going to release, i'm basically telling them to kiss my ass in it.
He said that he wanted to hear it so I sent it to him, a few minutes past and he sent me text back saying it was awesome.
J: So when are you going to release it to the public?
S: Whenever itunes returns my damn call.
J: let me get a hold of my friend Cody, ill hook you up!
I replied telling him that he didn’t have to do that, but he never replied. So I guess it was too late and that he already did.
After almost an hour he finally replied.
J: Go check out itunes(:
I did as he said, what do you know right there on new releases
“Don’t Put Dirt On My Grave by Sophie Lynn” Free Download
I went onto my twitter and tweeted telling my fans to go download it, within minutes it had over 100,000 downloads.
I decided to call him and tell him thanks. We agreed that next time my dad plays in California that I should come visit.
I’ll admit I was kind of excited for two reasons:
I hadn’t seen him in YEARS
I've always kind of had a crush on him
I looked at the clock on my computer and it said 2:29AM
I really needed to go to bed. I changed into some comfy clothes and crawled into my bed. Before I knew it I was out.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know Dirt was on Anything Goes, just pretend!