Take It out on Me

Chapter 8

This tour had been one of the best tours yet. The fans were crazy, out of control and every single show was sold out.
I had gotten close with Tyler, after the kiss I made it very clear I wasn't interested. But to be honest, I was but I had something with Jonathan.
So we agreed as friends, we kept each other out of trouble. Sometimes we would get each other into trouble.
Jonathan didn't really like me hanging out with Tyler or BK. I just think he doesn't like the fact that i get along with them better. Sure Tyler and BK like to party, but bonfires and dirt road parties are better than clubs with crappy music and drunken guys all over you.
I think my dad would rather me be with Tyler than Jonathan anyways, he's never liked him. He says he's up to no good.
I slowly opened the sliding door enough to squeeze through not letting Sydney our 4 month old Blue Heeler out.
Once outside I made my way to the front lawn, where I saw his black Chevrolet parked a few houses down. His truck was such a beauty, way better than mine.
I jogged down the sidewalk towards his truck, once I reached it I pulled open the door and climbed in.
"There's my backwoods beauty queen" he smiled, as he put the truck into drive and took off.
"Where to, tonight?" I questioned pulling my boots off and placing my feet on the dashboard.
"Anywhere you want to go?" He smiled at me,
"Surprise me " I said turning on the radio to hear ''here's to the good times" playing.
After driving for 20 minutes or so we pulled to a cliff that I guessed was on the outskirts of town. I looked to my right to see a creek, my face lit up.
"I come here when I just need to get away, most people call it the lookout" he said getting out of his truck and walking around to the tailgate.
He pulled down the tailgate a pulled the cooler closer to the edge truck, and jumped onto the tailgate.
I hopped out of the passenger seat and sat next to him on the tailgate and opened a cold one.
“So, Jonathan wants to me to come stay with him in California…” I just said out of nowhere, i knew he would be mad if i kept it from him.
“Are you going?” He took a swig of his beer.
“I dont know, i want to” I said pulling a cigarette out of my pack and lighting it up
“Do whatever makes you happy” He said pulling off his shirt and running into the water.
I just sat there listening to the music coming from the cab of the truck and thought about it.
‘I'm coming’ i sent Jonathan a message.
‘Really? Awesome’ He replied, the whole time Tyler was messing around in the water with his dog Harley that he got a few weeks ago, i spent talking to Jonathan.
I hung up the phone, laid my head back onto the truck and closed my eyes for a few minutes.
“Oh shit” I heard Tyler say as he made his way closer to the truck. I opened my eyes to see flashing blue and red lights bouncing off the water.
“Damn it” I said as i put the beer out of sight, they turned their spot light right on us and got out.
“What are you guys doing out here so late?” One of the officers questioned
“Just hanging out” Tyler said pulling his shirt back on.
“Yall doing anything illegal?” the other one asked, clearly in charge of the other one
“No Sir” I said checking to make sure I had my ID on me, knowing he saw the cooler full of beer.
“Alright yall have a good night. No drunk driving” he said as he turned and walked back to his patrol car.
“No drunk driving? What if i'm not drunk?” I laughed at Tyler,
“We could always stay the night here, i always keep blankets in the toolbox” He looked at the toolbox, smiling
“Sounds good to me” i said looking for wherever i hid my beer, with him throwing me a blanket.
We sat around, drank and played in the water until we saw the sun coming up.
“I dont think we should sleep here during the day, lets head to my place” I said grabbing all of my stuff and making sure we left nothing behind
“Sounds good. You drive, i've had too many.” He laughed a little attempting to throw me the keys.
Once in the truck, my phone started blowing up.
It was my mom and dad. ‘Where are you?’ ‘Are you safe’ ‘You and Tyler better not be in jail again’ ‘Answer me or im selling your truck’
I couldn't help but laugh at some of them, like them asking if we were in jail again.
I replied before they could send me some more.
‘No were not in jail. lmao. We went to the lake, stayed out all night. On the way home’ i sent them both one back.
On the drive home i heard them reply, i didn't bother to check it. Before I got home Tyler had passed out in the passenger seat.
I pulled his truck into the driveway and shut it off, “TYLER WAKE UP” I screamed at him, making him jump.
“I'm up” he shot up wide eyed. I just laughed at him as i got out.
My mom and dad met me at the front door, they didn't seem to happy.
I told them that Ty was going to crash here for a while, they nodded as he walked past them to the guest room.
I made my way past them, and into my room. They didn't say anything, but i knew that they wanted too.
Maybe they realized I wasn't a kid, and no matter how much they tried to keep me out of trouble it wasn't going to work.
♠ ♠ ♠
I dont know what Tylers truck looks like, im sure its nice.
I do have a Blue Heeler named Sydney shes not almost 7 months.
Also Tylers dog Harley is real, i wanted to put his cute self in here!