Would You Fall Too?

14: On One Condition

“Do you want something to eat?” Sergio mumbled as he leant away from Emilie slightly, his brown eyes peeking down at the ginger girl who was curled up at his side, her blue eyes fixed aimlessly on the screen ahead of them. It had been a quiet few hours, after Emilie had shown up and they had admitted their feelings, they’d retired to his living room in order to watch a few films, and Sergio doubted he had experienced anything nicer in a while. It was comfortable, for the first time since he had met her, he felt entirely at ease around her, and he could only help that it was something she shared in. Now that they’d kissed, he wasn’t about to let her go without a fight and he wanted Emilie to know it.

“I could eat” Emilie murmured, stretching her legs slightly before she sat up “Did you have something specific in mind?” she added.

“I don’t really have much in” Sergio noted with a little shrug “I think I can just about pull together a couple of sandwiches” he smiled.

“We could head over to mine” Emilie suggested as she slipped her feet to the floor, her blue eyes looking around slightly for her shoes which she had taken off prior to the start of their impromptu movie date “Isla’s mother has a habit of sending me casseroles and I have one from the other day. It should be alright” she smiled.

Sergio admired the smile on her face and leant into her, pressing a light kiss against her lips. It was a little strange, no matter how many times he thought about kissing her, it hadn’t prepared him for the real thing but he doubted he was going to get tired of it any time soon. The idea of being able to kiss her or hold her was enticing to him. Leaning back a little, he rested his forehead on hers, his dark eyes studying the small details of her face. “You know that now we’re doing this, I am not going to let you go all that easily, don’t you?” he murmured as he placed his hands on her hips, gently rubbing the pads of his thumbs over her hipbones.

Emilie nodded. “I know” she mused “But you also have to know that I haven’t changed just because we’ve kissed. Sergio, personal relationships are not a forte of mine and I am going to need time to grow into this” she explained, her fingertips gently pushing the dark hair out of his face. It was nice, sitting with him and kissing him, but she knew that it was going to take some time. Sergio or no Sergio, she was still the same timid girl she had been for a while and things weren’t going to miraculously change.

Sergio smiled. “I get that, Emmy” he mused softly “I understand that you’re still you, but I am not about to let that deter me, deter us. I like you, even despite your best attempts at pushing me away, and I want a shot at showing you that I, and the rest of the human race, are not that bad” he teased.

Emilie giggled, something which caused his smile to widen a little. “You like me, Emmy” he insisted gently, his hand gently cupping her cheek.

“I know I do” Emilie replied “I just don’t want you thinking that a few kisses and a couple of hours cuddling on the sofa means that I am about to start hanging off your arm at parties or letting you take me out on dates” she mused.

Sergio nodded his head gently and leant over, pressing a kiss against her cheek. “Emmy, a few kisses doesn’t mean I forgot who you are or how you can be” he enthused softly “I know you’re still the same ridiculously difficult to talk to girl that I met 3 months ago. You’re still the girl who blushes when I look at her and who yelled at me when she thought I didn’t like her. Do I want thing to change? Yeah, I do, but I don’t expect that they will in a second. Emmy, I am more than prepared to go slowly with you if it means I get a shot at being with you” he grinned.

Emilie blushed softly and pushed her hair off of her face. “I’d like to try it” she mused softly.

“Then we go at your pace, but we do it on one condition” Sergio mused, his thumb tracing the line of her cheekbone.

“What condition?” Emilie pressed.

“I don’t want a repeat of the other night” Sergio noted, his smile fading into a more serious expression “We were having a nice time and then out of the blue, you got funny on me and demanded that we go home. I don’t want to do that again” he insisted “If we’re going to do this, you need to trust me” he added.

Emilie peeked up at him briefly. “It made me nervous” she admitted.

“You should have told me that” Sergio commented gently “I want you to feel as though you can talk to me” he insisted softly.

Emilie sighed softly. “It’s not a strength of mine” she whispered gently.

“I don’t want to stare at you and wonder what on earth is going through your head. I don’t want to be happy with you one second and then have you freak out on me the next. Emmy, if you’re serious about me like I am about you, you need to trust in me. If you don’t think you can do it, then we probably shouldn’t bother” he mused gently. He didn’t want to scare her off, but he didn’t want a repeat of the other night. He didn’t want her running away from him again with little or no explanation.

Emilie mulled his words over for a moment before she peeked up at him, her hand gently moving to take his. “I will give it my best shot, Sese” she murmured gently “I am not about to make any promises, but I want to try. Is that enough for you?” she posed softly.

Sergio studied her expression for a moment before he squeezed her hand gently. “It’s enough for now” he noted before he kissed her cheek, hoping that it was just the start for them.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to FootieJo and Jayme112234 for the comments :)