Would You Fall Too?

19: You Want to Date My Daughter?

“Are you sure that you want me to come with you?” Sergio posed, his dark eyes watching as Emilie straightened the dress she had chosen for their visit to her parents. It had been a couple of weeks, since Adelina had appeared in the store, Sergio hadn’t been able to shake the notion that the older woman wasn’t his biggest fan, and he was slightly nervous about the prospect of spending time with her, or her husband who Sergio assumed would be as protective of his little girl as her mother.

Emilie, who had turned to run a final brush through her hair, nodded. “My mother insisted that you come” she mused gently “She even had Oscar and his girlfriend come over for the weekend” she added.

“Your brother is going to be there?” Sergio posed, a slight hint of nervousness slipping into his voice.

Emilie nodded gently. “Apparently” she murmured gently “Are you ok with that?” she posed softly, moving to stand beside him.

Sergio shrugged. “I kind of have to be, don’t I? It’s not going to do me any good if I fail to show up to a dinner that your parents had asked me to specifically” he mumbled gently.

Emilie offered him a sympathetic smile before she moved to stand ahead of him, placing his hand on her hips. “I’ve been doing some thinking” she mused, her arms gently hooking behind his neck.

Sergio cocked a brow. “That doesn’t sound particularly promising, Emmy” he murmured.

Emilie smiled. “I was thinking about you meeting my family and I thought that if you did it for me, then I could probably return the favour” she suggested gently. It was a big step, both for them in their relationship and her personally, but she wanted to do it for him. Sergio had been more than understanding, since they’d met, he’d been wonderful, and Emilie wanted to start showing him that she knew it. He was the best thing that had happened to her for a while and she wanted to make the effort to make sure that he knew it.

Sergio stared at her for a moment. “You’d come to Seville with me?” he posed.

“I know it means a lot to you and I figured that I should probably…”

Sergio’s lips cut her off, holding her in a warm kiss. “I’d love it, Emmy” he insisted “My family will adore you” he added.

Emilie spared him a little grin. “I don’t know about that, but I figured, I should probably do a little more in this relationship. You’re amazing and you deserve a girlfriend who can give you as much as you give her” she enthused.

“Emmy, if you’re not sure…”

“I want to, Sese” Emilie interjected gently “I want to make an effort to be less cut off” she added.

Sergio smiled. “Then I would love to take you back to Seville with me over the winter break” he quipped.

“Then we should get going now. My parents will kill us if we don’t show” she enthused.

Sergio nodded his head thoughtfully and took her hand, pulling it against his lips briefly. He doubted that it would be pleasant, he had a bad feeling about Adelina and her husband, but he knew that he had to do it. Emilie’s agreement to go home with him for the winter break was a big deal and he wanted to return the favour. If she could do it for him, then he could do it for her.

~#~
“Emmy” Charlie Smith grinned as he pulled the door open to his daughter, wrapping her in a tight hug.

“Papi” Emilie replied “It’s been too long” she added, squeezing him tightly.

Charlie chuckled and took a pace back, admiring his daughter’s face. “You’re still as beautiful as ever, Emmy” he enthused, his thumb brushing over her cheek.

Emilie shook her head. “Papi” she warned.

Charlie laughed gently and stepped back from her completely, his blue eyes catching sight of the man who stood a little away from them, shifting his feet gently. “You must be the boyfriend my wife told me about” he commented as he stepped towards the defender, “Sergio right?” he added.

“Yes” Sergio confirmed.

Charlie nodded. “I’m Charlie Smith, Emmy’s papa” he noted gently.

“It’s nice to meet you, Mr Smith” Sergio enthused as confidently as he could.

Charlie laughed. “It’s Charlie, Sergio” he enthused “No one’s called me Mr Smith in years” he teased.

“Charlie” Sergio repeated.

The older man smile and stepped out of the doorway, allowing Emilie to walk inside. Sergio made an attempt to follow, but Charlie placed a hand on his chest, stopping him for a moment. “You want to date my daughter?” he mumbled, his eyes peeking over his shoulder, checking that Emilie wasn’t in earshot.

Sergio swallowed, but nodded his head. “I do, sir” he murmured gently.

Charlie studied his face briefly. “Then you need to be aware that I will not hesitate to hurt you if you hurt her” he warned, his tone firm.

“Sir, I have no intentions of…”

“You don’t need to have intentions, Sergio” Charlie interjected “I don’t care what you think you know you want, if my little girl cries once over you, I will not hesitate. Do you understand me?” he warned.

Sergio nodded his head. “Perfectly” he mused “And I promise, sir, I will do my best to not hurt your daughter. I have quite strong feelings for her and merely want to do the best by her” he insisted gently. He doubted that it would make much difference, Charlie and his wife clearly had a problem with guys being around their daughter and he had little doubt that it had to do with the reason that Emilie was as she was, but he wanted to make himself clear. He only had good intentions towards Emilie.

Charlie offered him a look. “You really like her?” he posed.

Sergio smiled earnestly. “I do, sir” he enthused “I think it’s possible I could be in love with her” he added.

Charlie studied his expression, checking it for any sign of deception, before he stepped out of the way. “One shot, Sergio” he insisted.

The defender nodded his head. “One shot” he agreed before he stepped inside.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to FootieJo and Jayme112234 for the comments :)