Would You Fall Too?

21: More Than You Bargained For

“How was training?” Emilie mused as she set a plate of food ahead of Sergio, offering him a kind smile. It had been a few days, after their dinner with her parents, things had felt remarkably good between them, and Emilie had to admit that she was pleased. She was still hesitant, her news about their relationship weren’t going to just disappear overnight, but she was starting to feel a little more comfortable around him, something which she knew boded well. He’d been patient, since their first kiss, he hadn’t pushed her into anything more, and Emilie was grateful to him. He’d been remarkable with her, caring and kind, and Emilie was pleased that she had let him in. She had spent too much time on her own or with just Isla for company.

“As fun as training ever is” Sergio replied “Cristiano told that he was going on a date with Isla, though. Did she mention it?” he posed.

“Like she would stop mentioning it” Emilie replied with a smile.

Sergio chuckled.

“She’s excited” Emilie mused “She’s been looking for someone for a while and after she got over the fact that she couldn’t have you anymore, she’s quite excited to spend time with your friend” she added.

“She wanted me?” Sergio commented, his eyebrow lifted and a smirk on his face.

“You were the handsome neighbour man” Emilie commented, picking at her food “She was always on at me to talk to you, but I think she mostly wanted an introduction” she added with a small smile.

“Well, someone got more than they bargained for” Sergio teased, his foot nudging Emilie’s leg under the table.

Emilie rolled her eyes gently and turned her eyes down to her plate, picking at the meal she had made as a small silence fell over them.

“I’ve been doing some thinking” Sergio noted gently.

“About?” Emilie posed.

“I have a match this weekend” he noted gently “It’s a pretty big one, Barcelona, and I was thinking that maybe…maybe you could come. I figured you could ask Isla to come along with you and then we could do something afterwards” he explained tentatively. He knew that it was a big step for her, Emilie was still remarkably hesitant when it came to them and their relationship, but he wanted to start taking steps. Going to a game and going out in public were relatively small steps when compared to the fact that they had yet to share a bed, let alone have sex.

Emilie swallowed.

“I figured you would be more comfortable if you went with Isla” he explained carefully “And then we could double date. I am sure Cristiano would be up for it” he added, rambling a little.

Emilie peeked up at him gently. “You want me there?” she posed softly, her teeth gently gnawing on her lip.

“Of course I do” Sergio noted.

“You want people to know about us?” Emilie questioned.

Sergio smiled and reached across the table, his larger hand easily taking hers. “I want the world to know that I am dating a clever and beautiful woman, Emmy” he mused softly.

Emilie’s pale cheeks warmed, something which made him laugh a little. “I have something to show you” he enthused as he stood up.

Emilie frowned. “Sese” she complained as he rushed into the hall, returning moments later with a plastic bag which sported the Real Madrid logo.

“Humour me” he smiled impishly.

Emilie shook her head. Sometimes she hated that he was so cute.

Sergio smiled brightly and put his hand in the bag, pulling out the white piece of material that sat inside.

“Sese” Emilie murmured.

“I didn’t know if you’d say yes or not” he noted gently as he unfolded it “But I kind of hoped, even if you did say no, then you could wear this and watch the match on TV. At least that way you’re thinking of me” he enthused, offering the shirt out to her.

Emilie took the shirt in her hands and studied it for a moment before she turned it around, a soft smile forming on her face at the sight of the words ‘Sergio Ramos’ and the number 4. “You want me to wear this?” she posed.

“I do” he confirmed softly “For me” he added.

“It’s wonderful, Sese” Emilie smiled.

“Really?” Sergio posed.

“Yes” Emilie confirmed “Did you think I would hate it?” she posed.

“You’re not exactly a football fan, Emmy” he reasoned “I figured you’d wrinkle you nose a little” he added.

“It’s important to you” Emilie commented “And if it is to you, then I should learn to at least like it. You read that book for me when we first started hanging out and so I think I could wear this for you” she explained.

“And the game?” Sergio posed, stepping a little closer to her so that his arms could rest comfortably around her waist.

“I’ll talk to Isla. If her date with Cristiano is a disaster, I can’t imagine she’s going to want to go near that place, but I’d be a little hopeful” she mused carefully. She didn’t want to get his hopes up, without Isla, she wouldn’t go anywhere near the stadium, but she wanted to offer him something. He’d been remarkable with her and she didn’t want to keep shooting him down, even if things did still make her a little uncomfortable.

Sergio smiled. “You know I love you, don’t you?” he murmured, kissing the end of her nose sweetly.

Emilie smiled. Since they’d said those three words to one another, Sergio had taken to repeating them, something which never failed to make Emilie smile. She hadn’t thought that they’d end up there and whilst she was still apprehensive, the way he said those three words made her glad that they had. “I do” she confirmed softly “And I feel the same way, handsome neighbour man” she teased gently.

Sergio smirked. “I much prefer it when you call me Sese” he mused, ducking his head to steal a quick kiss.

Emilie smiled. “My Sese” she teased.

“Exactly” he confirmed, kissing her softly.

Emilie wrapped her arms around him and hugged him close, glad to have him around.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to FootieJo and Jayme112234 for the comments :)