Would You Fall Too?

28: I Know You Love Me

“Do you need me to get you anything?” Sergio posed lightly as he helped Emilie to sit on his couch, his eyes studying her face softly. She had been crying, after they’d kissed at midnight, she had sat there for a while, crying and insisting that she was being stupid, and it had urged him to take her back to his place. He hated it, seeing her cry had upset him, and he knew he couldn’t just leave her there. There was still things that they both needed to say and he didn’t want to offer her a chance to walk away from him.

“Some water would be nice” Emilie murmured “But I can…”

“I’ve got it” Sergio smiled “You just wait here and I will be right back OK?” he added before he stepped out of the room, returning seconds later with a glass in his hand. Emilie smiled at the small attentive action and took it from his hand, sipping at the cool water gently.

“I’m sorry for all of this” she murmured after a few seconds of silence “I…I freaked out and I took it out on you. That wasn’t fair and I am sorry” she added.

Sergio shook his head. “It’s no problem” he noted “If I am honest, I always expected that you would given the way that you were before, but if you ever feel that way again, Emmy, then I would like you to just talk to me. We’re…were…in a relationship and any fears or concerns you have, you ought to be able to share with me” he explained softly.

“I’m a mess” Emilie murmured.

“You’re not, and even if you are, you’re my mess, Emmy” he enthused as he sat down beside her, his arm gently levering her into a soft hug as he pressed a kiss to her temple “I like the girl you are, love her, and I don’t want you to change. Can’t that just be enough for you?” he murmured against her skin.

Emilie closed her eyes. “My last boyfriend…”

“I know” Sergio noted gently.

“You do? Did Isla tell you? My padre?” she spluttered.

Sergio shook his head gently. He had figured it out a while ago, but he didn’t see the need to make a fuss out of it. What had happened to her was in the past and it had no bearing whatsoever on his feelings towards her. “No, they didn’t” he noted softly “I put the pieces together a little while ago. What he did, Emmy, it is unforgivable, but it happened and neither of us can change that, but you cannot let it ruin you, or us. In spite of that, you’re an amazing girl and I love you for that. You’re far stronger than you give yourself credit for” he insisted gently.

Emilie looked at him. “I am not” she murmured.

“You are” Sergio insisted, squeezing her hand gently “You’re brilliant” he smiled earnestly.

Emilie sniffed. “You don’t have to say that” she murmured.

“You need to hear it” Sergio reasoned, resting his head against her temple “Emmy, I am not interested in your past, not even slightly, but I am interested in your future, I want to be a part of it. You freaked out, but it doesn’t faze me. I just want to be the one you come to when you get scared” he smiled, his nose gently inhaling the soft scent of her perfume.

“Sese” she mumbled.

“I know you love me” Sergio replied, his lips lightly brushing against the side of her face “Everyone knows you do, and pushing me away isn’t the solution. Someone’s got to get you out of this and it might as well be your handsome neighbour man” he mused, his tone light and cheerful.

Emilie spared a sniffy laugh.

“We’re good together, Em” he reasoned softly.

“I doubt that” Emilie murmured, her hands playing with the hem of her dress.

“We are” Sergio repeated “Ask anyone and they’d tell you” he added.

Emilie sighed. “But what if someone else comes along?” she posed gently “What if your ex changes her mind and decides she wants to marry you?” she added.

“Then I’d tell her that that ship had sailed. I’ve moved on and she should to” Sergio replied quickly, not even batting an eyelid.

Emilie noted the firmness of his voice and turned her head, her blue eyes peeking up at his face. “Seriously?” she posed.

“Undoubtedly” Sergio replied, grinning slightly “I didn’t wait around for all that time just to give up when it got hard. I knew what I was getting into” he added with a shrug.

“But…”

“No buts, Em” he insisted gently.

“Sergio” she complained.

“You’re stuck with me, Emmy” he smiled softly “You can either accept it and let us be happy, or fight it for a little longer and make me come up with some over the top grand gesture which will probably embarrass you” he teased gently.

Emilie let out sniffy laugh.

“I love you, Em” he reasoned softly, kissing her cheek softly.

Emilie’s skin warmed a little, a small smile appearing on her lips. “I love you too, Sese” she mumbled.

“Then we’re back together” he noted softly “And if you have a moment like this again, you’re going to talk to me about it instead of running off and pretending like I am nothing to you. I know more than you think, Emmy, and I want to help you. Can you let me do that?” he enquired gently.

Emilie looked at him, her blue eyes glancing over his face, before she nodded her head. “Alright” she conceded softly.

Sergio smiled gently and moved over to kiss her lightly before he moved back up onto his feet. “I can set up the spare bedroom if you’d like” he suggested softly “I mean, I know you only live next door, but I would like you here for breakfast tomorrow” he babbled.

Emilie smiled gently and stepped towards him, pressing a kiss to his lips for a few seconds before she pulled back. “It sounds lovely, Sese” she smiled gently.

Sergio wrapped his arm around her and pulled her close. He wasn’t going to just let her walk away from him without any sort of fight.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to FootieJo, Jayme112234 and Luuuc_19 for the comments :)