Would You Fall Too?

31: I Think You Managed That

Swiping a hand back through her ginger hair, Emilie fixed it up into a ponytail before she moved to pick up the tray of food that she had spent the morning preparing. It was still a little early, Sergio had a habit of not getting up before nine in the morning, but Emilie wanted to surprise him. It was his birthday after all and after the way he had been with her, she wanted to make a fuss of him, wanting to make it clear that she was grateful to have him around. He had been wonderful, in particular since she had run into his ex-girlfriend, and Emilie wanted to take that day, showing him just how much he meant to her.

Making sure that she had a firm grip on the tray, she carefully made her way up the stairs and nudged his bedroom door open, a small smile appearing on her face as she watched him sleep for a moment. They were fewer now, moments where she wondered what on earth it was he saw in her, but she sometimes, when she looked at him, she couldn’t help it. He could have done better and Emilie knew it.

Shaking her head, she set the tray down on the end table and moved to climb over the bed, pressing a light kiss against his cheek. “Sese” she murmured softly into his ear “Sese, it’s time for you to get up” she added, placing a little kiss just below his ear.

Sergio snuffled a little and blinked his eyes open, sparing a sleepy smile as he looked up at his girlfriend. “Hola” he mused.

Emilie smiled. “I made you breakfast” she noted as she leant away from him “Happy birthday” she added, lifting the tray onto the bed between them.

Sergio ran a hand back through his hair, pushing it out of his eyes, before he smiled. “You didn’t have to do that for me, Emmy” he noted as he sat up a little.

Emilie shrugged. “It’s your birthday” she noted gently.

Sergio let out a small laugh before he ducked down, kissing her gently. “Gracias, querida” he noted gently.

Emilie smiled gently and slipped her legs beneath the covers, stealing some of the fruit that she had cut up for him. “What are your plans for today?” she posed.

“I have training in a little while” Sergio commented, swallowing a mouthful of the orange juice that she had bought up to him “That’ll keep me busy for most of the morning, and I think the guys have some dinner planned out for tonight. You’d come with me, right?” he posed, smiling slightly.

Emilie nodded. “Of course I would” she noted.

Sergio smiled. “Did you get me a present?” he teased.

Emilie rolled her eyes. “Of course I did, Sese” she noted gently “And I will give it to you later. Right now, I have to get back to mine to get ready for work” she commented with a look towards the clock on the nightstand.

“You should leave some of your stuff here” Sergio commented between mouthfuls of yoghurt.

Emilie tilted her head.

“I know it’s only next door, but I hate it when you’re in a rush to leave. I am not suggesting you move in, but a few changes of clothes in the bottom of my dresser isn’t going to kill you” he clarified gently. He didn’t want to scare her, things like moving in together or marriage were way off in the distance for them, but he wanted her to feel a little more at home in his house. If he had his way, they were going to be together for a while, and he wanted her to relax. They were in it for the long haul.

“I’ll think about it” Emilie noted as she got back to her feet, pulling on her shorts from the previous day “And I will see you later right?” she posed.

“Of course” he grinned, leaning up to kiss her.

~#~
“You look amazing, Emmy” Sergio murmured as he placed an arm around her waist, his lips pressing a light kiss against the back of her neck. It had been a pleasant evening, the team had arranged for a rather civilized dinner at one of Sergio’s favourite restaurants, and the Spaniard had to admit he had enjoyed himself. It seemed a little more mature than things he had done a few years previous and to him, it reflected his new status at their captain. Emilie, who had spent most of the night with Isla and a few of the other wives and girlfriends, smiled.

“You think so?” she mused.

“I know so” Sergio replied “I didn’t know you owned a dress like this” he commented, his hand gently pulling at the navy blue dress she wore. It was a little short on her and a little tight, and it had caught Sergio’s eye the second he had seen it. It wasn’t something that Emilie frequented.

“I don’t” Emilie noted “Isla insisted on picking me up after work and dressing me up. You like it?” she teased.

“More than like it” he murmured, kissing her shoulder softly.

Emilie giggled, her cheeks warming.

“Sergio” Pepe called.

The defender sighed a little and pulled himself away from his girlfriend, making his way over towards the other centre back. “What?” he murmured.

Pepe sighed and jutted a hand out, motioning to his ex-girlfriend who sat a little way away from them, clearly debating whether or not to make her way over towards them. “She’s been sat there for the last ten minutes” Pepe noted “I figured you’d not want her to get near to Emmy” he added with a little look towards the ginger girl who was sat with Isla once more, smiling at something her friend had said.

Sergio nodded his head and thanked Pepe before he made his way across the room, not wanting to draw Emilie’s attention towards him and his ex.

~#~
“What’ve you done with the birthday boy?” Isla teased as she handed Emilie a glass of water.

“Pepe needed him” Emilie replied.

“Have you got everything all set up for tonight?” Isla posed, her voice lowering a little as she peeked at her friend. She knew that Emilie had planned for that night, the ginger girl had asked for her opinion on some things, and Isla had to admit that she was a little proud of her. Emilie had grown so much in the last few months and to know that she was ready to give herself to Sergio made Isla proud. A little part of her had worried that Emilie would wreck it before she got up the nerve.

Emilie’s cheeks warmed before she nodded her head. “I think so” she murmured timidly.

Isla smiled. “You’ll be fine” she assured her gently before she let her eyes drift over Emilie’s shoulder, landing on Sergio who spoke with a dark haired woman. “Do you know that girl?” she posed.

Emilie turned around in her seat and nodded, a small sigh falling out of her mouth. “That’s his ex” she murmured “She’s pretty right?” she added.

“She’s not got a patch on you” Isla noted “And I bet Sergio would say the same thing” she added.

Emilie looked at her friend, her expression skeptical.

Isla rolled her eyes. “You should go over there” she noted.

“And why would I do that?” Emilie noted, sipping on her drink.

“Mark your territory” Isla shrugged “She’s the one who gave him up and you should go over there and make her see that he’s taken” she added.

“And cause a scene? I don’t think that’s very me, Isla” Emilie dismissed, shaking her head a little.

“Having a boyfriend wasn’t very you 8 months ago” Isla reasoned gently “But your handsome neighbour man changed all of that and you’re so much happier because of it. I know it scares you, Emmy, but this could be a chance to show him that you really are on board with him” Isla suggested before she walked off, moving to find Cristiano.

Emilie watched her go before she flicked her eyes to Sergio and Pilar, her stomach turning a little. Taking a deep breath, she pushed herself out of her seat and quietly moved towards him, her hand taking his.

“Emmy…” Sergio’s words were cut off as Emilie stood up on her toes, pressing her lips against his.

Pilar made a little noise, quietly excusing herself, before Emilie pulled back from her boyfriend, flashing him a timid smile.

Sergio blinked. “Wha…What was that for?” he murmured softly, his nose nudging against hers.

“I was making it very clear that you were taken” Emilie murmured.

“I think you managed that” Sergio mused.

Emilie smiled shyly. “I was thinking” she noted softly.

“About?” Sergio posed.

Emilie swallowed. “How would you like to get out of here?” she noted.

Sergio tilted his head. “You mean…?” he trailed off.

Emilie nodded. “I’d like too” she murmured “You don’t have to” she added.

Sergio placed an arm around her and kissed her temple. “There’s nothing I would like more” he assured her.

Emilie looked up at him, noting his kind and earnest expression, before she took his hand, wordlessly noting that she was making the right decision.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to Jayme112234, Luuuc_19 and FootieJo for the comments :)