Would You Fall Too?

32: I Impress You

Stirring a little beneath the covers, Emilie blinked her blue eyes open, allowing them to adjust to the bright which seeped through the half drawn blinds. It had been a late night, after Sergio had gotten her alone, he had been reluctant to let the opportunity slip past, and as reluctant as Emilie had been, she had to admit that it had been wonderful. It wasn’t a forte of hers, anything related to sex tended to embarrass her, but from the moment that Sergio had seen her in the outfit she had picked out especially for that night, she had felt relaxed and calm, something she hadn’t been in a while. Moving slightly, she attempted to stretch her legs out, but paused, feeling Sergio’s hand flex against her thigh. “You don’t have to rush off, do you?” he murmured, his voice sleepy.

“No” Emilie replied “I don’t have a shift until this afternoon” she noted.

Sergio smiled “Good” he noted gently, his thumb brushing over the tattoo on her thigh “Because I kind of just want to lay here for a while” he added.

Emilie shook her head. “Don’t you have somewhere else you need to be?” she posed, her hands clutching the sheet to her chest.

“Not until this afternoon” Sergio replied “We have a late training session today and a double tomorrow before we fly out for the game this weekend” he explained.

Emilie nodded her head, her eyes fixed on the ceiling above them.

“Emmy” Sergio noted gently “You know that you have no reason to be nervous or shy right now, don’t you?” he noted, trying to keep his voice as light as he could. He could tell that she was a little nervous, she’d barely looked at him since he’d first spoken, and he wanted to reassure her. Just because they’d spent the night together didn’t mean that anything between them had to change.

Emilie’s cheeks warmed a little. “I’ve never been particularly good at the morning after” she noted “I’m awkward anyways, but even more so when I am naked” she added.

Sergio chuckled a little. “You have nothing to feel awkward about, Emmy” he assured her gently, his thumb running in small circles over her thigh “What we got up to last night was great and I know you think so too, but if it does bother you, I can turn my back for a few seconds so that you can put something on” he noted.

Emilie nodded. “If you don’t mind” she noted.

Sergio shook his head and placed an arm over his eyes, allowing Emilie to climb out of the bed. “My shirts are in the wardrobe” he commented. Emilie nodded wordlessly and collected a shirt of his, pulling it over herself before she stepped back towards him, placing a light kiss on his lips. “Gracias” she murmured.

Sergio shook his head. “You don’t have to thank me” he noted.

“I know” Emilie mused as she sat down on the side of her bed “But you’ve been so fantastic with me for months and every now and again, I feel as though I need to thank you for putting up with me” she noted gently, her hands fiddling with the hem of the shirt she wore. It was a little silly, Sergio had told her enough that he wanted to be with her, but there were still moments where she found herself a little unsure and more than impressed by his ability to put up with her.

Sergio rolled his eyes and sat up, his hands taking hers and stopping her from messing with her shirt. “I don’t put up with you, Emmy” he insisted, squeezing the small extremities gently “I like spending my time with you, love it even, and you need to get that into that pretty head of yours” he teased, poking the side of her head playfully.

“But Sese…”

“There’s not but, Emmy” he insisted gently “I don’t just hang around you because I think that I have to. You’re not some chore or imposition on me, you’re my girlfriend, the girl I want to be with and you don’t ever have to thank me for that, Emmy” he assured her softly.

Emilie nodded, a small smile playing at the corner of her mouth.

“You’re smiling” Sergio teased.

“I was just making a mental note of what a man I am with” Emilie noted “I have to admit, I was dubious” she added.

“Dubious?” Sergio posed, his arms wrapping around her waist and carefully laying her down beside him, their legs wrapped together.

“I didn’t think anything would ever come of that night when I found you on your doorstep. I liked that you didn’t know who I was” Emilie noted softly.

Sergio tilted his head. “You did?” he posed.

“People complicate things and I was happy with the people that I had around me, but then you showed up at my door the night afterwards with takeout and I kind of knew then that I wasn’t going to lose you easily” she explained carefully.

“When did you know that you liked me?” Sergio posed, his fingers dipping beneath the bottom of the shirt she wore, running in soft lines up and down her side.

“You need to know that?” Emilie retorted, her cheeks warming a little.

Sergio smiled. “I’d like to” he mused gently “If it is easier for you, I will tell you first” he added.

Emilie nodded.

“It was one of our dinners” Sergio recounted “You’d put something on the TV and we sat there, watching it in a comfortable silence. When it finished, I turned to you to say goodnight and you’d fallen asleep. I remember looking at you and thinking about how much I would like waking up to your face in the morning” he grinned.

Emilie shook her head. “I fell asleep?” she posed, her cheeks a little warm.

“I thought it was cute” Sergio grinned “I put a blanket over you and left you there” he added with a small shrug.

Emilie thought for a second before a small smile appeared on her face. “I remember that” she mused.

“Stop trying to change the subject” Sergio noted, his hand shuffling her a little closer to him. “When exactly did you know that I was more than just your handsome neighbour man?” he teased.

“It’s stupid” Emilie murmured.

Sergio rolled his eyes playfully and kissed her, his spare hand nestling her ginger hair. “Just tell me” he encouraged.

“Do you remember the first place we went together?” she posed gently.

“A walk to the park” Sergio replied without hesitation.

“Well, it was that night” Emilie noted gently “You put your jacket around me and made some comment about having someone to impress and it freaked me out” she added “It’d been a while since someone had tried to impress me” she added shyly.

Sergio smiled at her gently. “It worked out” he teased “Now I know I impress you” he teased.

Emilie rolled her eyes.

Sergio laughed and pulled her a little closer, hugging her tightly. “You know that you’re stuck with me, don’t you?” he mumbled into her hair.

Emile nodded against his chest. There was no one she would have rather been stuck with.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to Luuuc_19, FootieJo, Jayme112234 and Hockeykid40 for the comments :)