Would You Fall Too?

36: Best For Us Both

Letting out a small sigh, Sergio directed the stare of his dark eyes down towards Emilie, admiring her quietly as she slept. It had taken a little while, Emilie had been hard to calm down once she had talked about Jeremy, but he was glad that she was finally out for the night. He could tell how much Jeremy had hurt her, the way her voice shook as she spoke was all the confirmation he needed to know that Jeremy had done more damage than he had thought, but he wanted to help her. It was a step backwards, seeing Jeremy’s mother was going to set her back, but he wasn’t going to let the previous nine months go to waste. He’d worked hard to get through to her and he was going to do his best to ensure that things between them stayed the same.

“Sese” Emilie murmured.

“I’m here, Emmy” Sergio replied, flexing his grasp around her waist “Do you need something?” he posed.

Emilie wrinkled her nose a little before she blinked open her eyes, staring up at him sleepily. “Why are you still awake?” she murmured, a small yawn falling out of her mouth.

Sergio shrugged. “Can’t sleep” he murmured.

Emilie shook her head a little and sat up, flicking on the bedside lamp. “You’re thinking about what I told you, aren’t you?” she posed, pushing her hair out of her face. She knew that it had gotten to him, she hadn’t missed the expression which had passed over his face when she had spoken, but she had hoped that he could let it slide. Telling him was a big step for her and after she had finished, the last thing she wanted was to discuss it with him.

Sergio sighed. “Can you blame me?” he noted gently.

“Sese” Emilie complained.

“I know” he murmured “But I just can’t wrap my head around it, Emmy. How could someone want to do that?” he posed, his eyes peeking at her.

“I don’t know” Emilie murmured “I don’t know what went through his head, but Sergio, this isn’t something I want to sit around and discuss. Telling you was hard and I would rather we didn’t continue to talk about it. Please, for a little while, could you forget about it?” she posed.

“Emmy…”

“Please?” Emilie interrupted, her voice soft and shy “I hate it, Sese, and I need you to just pretend for a while that I never told you. I don’t want it to be something that you and I discuss now” she added.

Sergio looked down at her and flexed his arm, pulling her slightly closer. “Alright” he agreed gently. He was curious, he wanted to know more about the man who had hurt Emilie, but he knew that he couldn’t push her. Her telling him was a massive step forwards from the girl she had been when they’d first met and he needed to be patient. If he knew anything about her, then it was that she would tell him when he needed to know. “I’ll try” he added.

Emilie nodded her head and cuddled a little closer to him, allowing him to reach over and switch off the bedside lamp, making the room dark once more. Emilie shifted a little more, her legs entwining with his whilst she rested her head on his chest. Sergio noted just how at home she looked curled up against him and grinned, ducking down to place a kiss on the top of her head. “Have you ever thought about getting a roommate?” he posed.

“A roommate?” Emilie posed, a little yawn slipping out of her mouth.

“You’ve got a large house for just you” Sergio shrugged.

“As have you” Emilie countered “What are you going on about, Sese?” she added, a slight smile on her face. She had a feeling she knew what he was getting at, he’d been hinting at getting a little more serious for weeks, and she had to admit that she was a little tempted. Things were for them and she didn’t see the harm in taking another step.

Sergio sighed. “I think I am, rather badly, trying to suggest that you move in with me” he noted timidly “I know you’re hesitant about this relationship, after him, you’re probably a little entitled to be, but this way, I can keep an eye on you. I know it’s only next door, but I think I would feel better if we lived together” he explained gently.

Emilie peeked up at him, a small smile on her face. “You want to keep an eye on me?” she posed.

“You know I do” Sergio replied “It works best for us both” he added.

Emilie smiled and placed a kiss onto his chest. “You’re right” she murmured.

“I am?” he posed.

“I am hesitant about this, Sese, and I am probably going to be that way for a while to come yet, but I also don’t want to be that way and wait around. We’ve been in some kind of relationship for about 10 months now and I am ready to do something which means you and I have something to show for it. I don’t want to get married right now and I don’t want to start talking about babies, but I don’t see the harm in slowly moving in with you. I like that you want to keep an eye on me” she explained carefully.

Sergio nodded his head. “I just want to make sure that you’re safe” he noted gently “And I think I would be able to do that better if you were living with me” he added.

Emilie nodded her head and craned her neck a little, allowing her to place a kiss against his lips. “Then let’s do it” she murmured gently “I can find some boxes and start moving my things over a few pieces at a time. There’s no need to hurry, is there?” she posed, her blue eyes mirroring his dark ones.

Sergio shook his head. “Take all the time in the world, Emmy” he smiled softly “I’m just glad I didn’t freak you out. I’ve been thinking about this for a little while” he admitted.

“I know you have” Emilie smiled, pulling the blankets up over them.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to Luuuc_19 and FootieJo for the comments :)