Would You Fall Too?

41: I Want To

Resting his head back against the headboard of his bed, Sergio spared a fond smile down at the mass of ginger curls which slept soundly against him. It had been a quiet night, after returning from her parents’ house, Sergio and Emilie had spent the evening watching bad horror films and cuddling, but Sergio doubted he could come up with a better way to spend time.

Things were still a little tense, like she had done after the first time she’d encountered Jeremy’s mother, Emilie had retreated into her shell slightly, but Sergio didn’t mind being the one who coaxed her back out. In the 10 months that they had been together, he’d had to do it more than once and he was sure that he was getting good at it.

Running a hand back through his hair, he shifted a little beneath the comforter, smiling slightly as Emilie murmured in her sleep. “No” the ginger girl mumbled.

Sergio shook his head and carefully moved to lay down, his arm wrapping around her waist.

“No, Jeremy” Emilie slurred out, her blue eyes still squeezed tight.

Sergio stilled a little at the sound of her ex-boyfriend’s name before he lifted his hand, gently placing it on her shoulder. “Emmy” he murmured, shaking her slightly “Nena, you should wake up” he added.

Emilie stirred a little before she blinked her eyes opened, staring a little confusedly around the room. “Sese?” she posed.

“You were having a bad dream” Sergio noted as he sat up slightly “You said Jeremy” he added.

Emilie stared around the room for a moment before she turned her head, focusing on the man who had his hand on her waist supportively. “Are you alright?” Sergio posed.

Emilie shrugged. “I guess he’s just on my mind” she mused as she pushed her hand back through her hair, moving it out of her face “I know I shouldn’t be thinking about it, but it’s just kind of there again” she admitted.

Sergio smiled and brushed his hand up and down her side. “It’s Ok” he assured her.

“I just want it to stop, Sese” the ginger girl noted “If his mother had just stayed away…”

“But she didn’t” Sergio interrupted “And now you’re thinking about it all over again and you need to calm yourself down again. I do get it, Emmy” he insisted gently.

Emilie sighed. “I’m sorry” she murmured.

“Emmy…”

“I’m being trouble again” Emilie continued “I am sure you’d be much happier…”

“No, I wouldn’t” Sergio interrupted firmly. He knew where she was going, when she got nervous, she tended to insist that he would be better off without her, but that wasn’t even close to what Sergio was thinking. After his conversation with Charlie, he’d let his mind wander a little and he’d decided that he was more than ready to start thinking about a future, one he was sure that he wanted to share with Emilie. It was fast, 10 months was no time at all really, but he didn’t see the harm in thinking about it. He could easily picture proposing to her or seeing her with their bump beneath her shirt. “Emmy, I don’t know how many time I need to stress it, but I am pretty happy with you” he added, his tone firm, yet at the same time warm and affectionate.

Emilie sighed. “I’ve kept you up” she pointed out.

“I was up anyway” Sergio noted “Besides, I want to be the one who you turn to when you have bad dreams” he added.

Emilie shook her head. “You’re strange” she noted.

“For loving you?” Sergio quipped back.

Emilie smiled a little, a sight which made Sergio grin. “You know that I love you, Em” he added, ducking his head a little to meet the stare of her blue eyes whilst his hands dropped to her waist, tickling her slightly.

“Sergio” Emilie complained, trying her hardest not to laugh.

“No” Sergio teased, running his fingers over her stomach and ribs “Not until you say you love me” he grinned.

“Sese” Emilie whimpered between bright laughs.

“Just say it, Emmy” he teased, ducking down to press a kiss to her cheek.

Emilie giggled and squirmed, trying to move away from him, but Sergio merely pulled her back in, reveling in the sound of her giggles and laughs. It’d been a little while, since her birthday, she had seemed more nervous and tense, but Sergio couldn’t resist the chance to lighten the mood a little. He liked Emilie when she was cheerful and wanted to work his hardest to make sure that she was that way almost all of the time.

“Fine” Emilie squeaked “I love you, Sese” she announced brightly.

Sergio stopped the movements on his hands and smiled. “That wasn’t so hard, was it?” he mused gently.

Emilie merely shook her head, sitting up a little. “No” she noted.

Sergio smiled and placed an affectionate kiss onto the side of her head. “You’re not trouble for me, Emilie” he noted gently “I knew what I was getting into when I started to spend time with you and, ten months in, I am not going to back down now. Like it or not, Emmy, you’re pretty stuck with me” he added, offering her bright smile.

Emile shook her head. “I don’t want you feeling as though you have to stay” she noted softly “I’d not fall apart if you wanted to end things, Sese” she added, her blue eyes mirroring the stare of his dark ones.

“I don’t want to” Sergio insisted, ensuring that they were looking directly at one another “I love being here with you, I really do, and that’s not just going to change. It’s not about having to stay, Emmy, it’s about wanting to. I want to be here, I want to be with you, and I don’t want things between us to change” he explained, emphasizing the word ‘want’.

Emilie studied his face for a moment, almost as if she doubted him, before Sergio leant forwards, cupping her face and kissing her sweetly. “I’m going nowhere” he insisted as he pulled away, moving to climb back beneath the covers.

Emilie watching him for a second before she moved to cuddled up next to him, placing his arm around her waist. She doubted it, she doubted that he could stick it out forever, but she wanted to enjoy it whilst it lasted. She had grown accustomed to him and dreaded the day when he woke up and realized that there was something better out there for him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to FootieJo and Jayme112234 for the comments :)