Would You Fall Too?

45: I’m Going To Miss You

“You’re sure that you have everything?” Emilie posed as she watched Sergio walk down the stairs, two hefty looking suitcases gripped in his hand. It had been coming for a little while, after the season had finished, Sergio had had a couple of lighter weeks before he was due to fly out to France ahead of the Euros, and Emilie wanted to make sure that he had everything he would need, something he had attempted to put off more than once. She had tried to help him pack, but every time she did, it degenerated into them ending up in bed together, something which had wasted more time than she had thought it would.

“I’m sure” Sergio replied “I’ve packed for these things before, Emmy” he added, setting the two bags beside the door.

“I know, I just don’t want a call from you in a week telling me that you forgot to pack enough socks or underwear” she teased.

Sergio shook his head. “I’ve counted them in and out, Emmy. I’ve got enough for a month” he assured her as he slipped his arms around her waist. He didn’t want to leave her behind, even though there had been no movement with regards to her ex, it still unsettled him slightly, but he knew that he didn’t have a choice. Del Bosque had been clear, wives and girlfriends were to be nowhere to be seen unless they reached the final and Sergio didn’t want to get on the wrong side of the coach who was desperate to make amends for the last world cup with a good performance in his last tournament.

“You’re sure?” Emilie posed, her hands settled comfortably at the back of his neck.

“Certain” Sergio replied.

“You’ll need to be going soon” Emilie noted, peeking at her watch “Isn’t Iker coming by to collect you?” she posed.

“He is” Sergio confirmed “But not for another half an hour yet. The flight between here and Lyon isn’t huge and I figured you’d be one for a long private goodbye” he smiled.

Emilie ducked her head. “A month is a long time” she noted gently.

“It is” Sergio confirmed “But there’s always a chance that we won’t go the full distance and I might be back sooner. Besides, with Cristiano out there with Portugal, I bet Isla’s going to be desperate to escape his mother” he teased.

Emilie spared him a little shy smile, something which made Sergio shake his head. “You know, I’m going to call you every night, maybe even twice a day if I feel the need” he assured her gently.

“I know” Emilie noted “I’ve just kind of gotten used to you being around. You’re usually only gone for a day, two at the most, and I think I am going to miss you being around” she admitted gently.

Sergio smiled and ducked in a little, resting his forehead against hers. “You’re going to be fine here” he insisted “Your mama and papa are going to visit and Isla’s going to be around more than ever, and I will be in contact every day” he added.

“I don’t doubt that” Emilie replied “But it’s not quite you, is it?” she added, offering him a shy smile.

Sergio chuckled. “I suppose it’s not” he admitted.

“I’m going to miss you” Emilie noted.

Sergio shook his head and pressed a kiss to her cheek. “I am going to miss you too, Emmy, so much” he insisted gently.

Emilie happily hugged him tightly for a few seconds before she wiggled away from him, stepping through to the living room.

“Em?” Sergio posed as he followed after her, his head tilted slightly.

“I’ve got something to show you” Emilie noted, her voice drifting towards him.

Sergio furrowed his brow. Emilie didn’t tend to get overly sentimental.

“Em?” he repeated.

“I had Isla get it for me” Emilie commented as she ducked back into the room “It is number 15 right?” she added, showing off the red material of the shirt she wore. She knew it was a little silly, her wearing his shirt wasn’t going to make any difference whatsoever to Spain’s chances, but she hadn’t been able to resist. She liked the way he looked at her when she wore her Real Madrid shirt and she was sure it would be no different in his national team colours.

Sergio stared at her for a moment, his dark eyes wandering over the red material which sat on her body perfectly.

“Sese?” Emilie teased, waving a hand in front of his eyes “You ok?” she added.

Sergio stared at her for a second longer before he took two long strides towards her, placing his lips to hers. “I love this” he muttered as he stepped back, his hand tugging on the shirt.

“I had a feeling you would” Emilie teased “And if you come back a winner, you will get the joy of taking it off too” she added with an impish grin.

“Only if we win?” Sergio quipped.

“I’ll settle for the final. I’ve always wanted to go to Paris” she teased.

“You’re a mean woman, Emmy” Sergio groaned playfully.

Emilie giggled gently and leant into him, pressing a soft kiss against his lips. “I’m going to miss you, Sese” she noted gently “But I know you’ll do a wonderful job out there” she added.

“You think?” he posed softly as he tucked some hair away from her face.

“You’re brilliant” Emilie enthused “And I am sure that the team around you is just as good. You’re going to be fantastic and I look forwards to watching it” she insisted with a warm smile.

Sergio shook his head and kissed her gently once more. “I’m going to miss you too” he mumbled before the sound of the doorbell caught his ears, causing him to let out a sigh. “That’ll be Iker” he noted.

Emilie nodded her head. “I’ll see you in a few weeks’ time” she enthused as she led him back towards the hall, pulling the door open to Iker who offered her a smile “You’re going to be fine” she added.

Sergio offered her a dubious look before he lifted one of the bags onto his shoulder. “I’ll call when I get there” he noted.

Emilie nodded and moved to place a kiss on his cheek, offering him a small smile. It was going to take a little getting used to, since they’d gotten together, they’d only been apart for a few days at a time, but Emilie was sure that they would be fine. It was only a few weeks and she was sure that everything would be Ok in his absence.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to Luuuc_19, Jayme112234 and FootieJo for the comments :)