Would You Fall Too?

52: I Need You Now

Chewing on the corner of her lip, Emilie peeked out at the field ahead of her, her blue eyes fixed on Sergio who stood a little away from her, his shoulders a little slumped. It had been a tight game, after Belgium’s early opener, Spain had pulled level through an Isco goal, but it had all been in vain when a few minutes from the end, Romelu Lukaku had popped up out of nowhere, thundering a header beyond the despairing reach of Iker who had thrown everything he had at stopping the header. It had been a body blow, after the goal, Spain had struggled to regroup, and the result showed it. The narrow 2-1 defeat was hard to swallow and Emilie couldn’t wait to wrap her arms around Sergio and tell him that he had given it his best shot. They had played well, Spain had given everything that they had, but Belgium had merely been the better team on the day and there was little that Sergio could have done to stop it.

“You alright?” Isla posed as she nudged Emilie, pulling the ginger girl’s attention away from her boyfriend.

“I’m disappointed for him” Emilie murmured “I know how much he wanted it” she added.

Isla nodded her head slowly. “Are you sure that that is all that is on your mind?” she posed softly. It had been subtle, the chance in Emilie that had occurred since half time was only small, but it was enough for Isla to notice. She didn’t quite seem herself and it made Isla a little concerned.

Emilie nodded. “Should there be something else?” she posed.

“You’ve been oddly quiet, even for you, since half time. Did his madre say something to you whilst I was in the bathroom?” Isla posed gently.

Emilie looked at the blonde for a moment before she opened her mouth, preparing to tell Isla about what Paqui had said, only to be stopped when Sergio appeared beside her, his head falling onto her shoulder softly. Isla looked at the defender for a second before she mouthed the word ‘later’ to Emilie, stepping away to leave the couple alone. Emilie watched her go before she wrapped her arms around Sergio, allowing him to rest against her comfortably. “You Ok?” she murmured, her fingertips pushing through his damp hair.

“I’ve been better” Sergio mumbled “I just want to get back to the hotel and have a quiet night. Do you want to come to my room?” he posed, his voice a little heavy.

“What are you going to do with Iker?” Emilie posed.

“He’s already agreed to go to Sara’s room to spend time with her and Martin” Sergio noted as he leant away from her a little, moving to take her hand “You do want to stay with me right?” he added.

Emilie nodded. “Of course I do. Let me just say goodnight to Isla and I will be with you, Ok?” she posed.

Sergio nodded and dropped his hand from hers, allowing her to move away to find Isla who was talking with Isco. “You’re spending the night with Sergio?” Isla commented as she looked at the ginger girl.

“He asked me to” Emilie noted “And I figured you’d be appreciative of the night to yourself. You can call Cristiano” she added.

“I don’t think so” Isla muttered.

Emilie tilted her head.

“We called it quits before I came out here with you. We thought moving in together was a good idea, but all it did was play on both of ours nerves. We can’t handle too much of each other” Isla explained.

“Lala” Emilie sighed sympathetically.

“Don’t worry about me tonight.” Isla insisted “Your fiancé over there is clearly more in need of hugs than I am. We can talk about my breakup when we talk about whatever it is his madre said that made you go all quiet. Focus on him, Em” she noted.

Emilie offered her a slightly dubious look before Isla offered her a little shrug, encouraging her back towards Sergio who offered her a soft smile. “You ready to go?” he posed.

~#~
“Did you want something to eat or anything?” Emilie fussed as she sat down on the couch beside Sergio, pressing a little kiss to his cheek. He had been quiet, not that Emilie was surprised, but she wanted to make sure that he was alright. The defeat had come as a small surprise and Emilie wanted to make sure that it wasn’t weighing too heavily on his mind.

“Not right now” Sergio replied softly “Could you just sit here?” he added, moving his arm to create a little space beside him just for her.

Emilie nodded and shifted closer, allowing him to wrap his arm around her softly. “How was it with my parents?” Sergio posed.

“It was fine” Emilie replied gently, not wanting to upset him “Your padre is a very nice man and your mama put up with me” she added.

Sergio sighed. “She didn’t say anything, did she? I’ve made it clear that you’re what I want” he noted.

Emilie shook her head. “It was fine, Sese” she insisted softly.

Sergio sighed a little and rested his head against hers, hugging her closer for a moment before he dropped his hand, rubbing small circles into her stomach. “You know, you’d look wonderful with a bump one day” he murmured as he moved to drop a kiss against her shoulder.

Emilie stiffened. It was the first time he had ever really mentioned the notion of them having a baby.

“I know you’re in no rush” Sergio mumbled against the material of the red shirt she still wore “I’m not trying to rush you either, I just…You’d make the most beautiful pregnant woman” he murmured.

Emilie shifted a little, trying not to ruin the moment.

“I love you, Emmy” he murmured, kissing up the side of her neck, biting down lightly on her pale skin.

Emilie leant into him, a small sound falling out of her mouth. “I love you too” she murmured softly.

Sergio grinned at the sound of those words and moved to take her hand, leading her towards his bedroom, missing the slight look of hesitation that was on her face. She knew that it wasn’t a big deal, it was merely another step in their relationship that they would eventually take together, but that didn’t mean it didn’t scare her, especially after the conversation she had had with his mother. She was scared, things were really taking off, and a little part of her couldn’t help but think she would find a way to mess up what they had going on.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to Luuuc_19 for the comment :)