Status: one-shot

All This Time

one

The sound of waves lapping along the shoreline rang musically through his ears, the laughter coming from the body in front of his creating a symphony of sounds that was for him alone to take in. She ran in front of him, taking her melody with her, and he wished he could rewind her and play it over and over again.

He felt his feet sinking into the sand as he followed behind her, the mist from the waves blowing across him as he ran, wrapping his arms around her waist as he got close. She screamed out, her voice getting lost somewhere between the rocky walls and the never ending floor and he smiled, hugging her body close to his. She grabbed his hand and fell to the ground, bringing his body down right beside hers, and she covered her mouth, trying to hold back more laughter that was bubbling up inside her.

He turned towards her, his eyes unblinking, as he tried to drink in the scene in front of him. The sun had begun to set, taking the light of day and replacing it with the purples and blues of impending night, bathing her in a shadowy glow. She cocked her head to the side and looked back at him, first with confusion, and then a smile crept back onto her face, teeth hiding behind her lips and a sparkle making its way through her eyes.

And if he could just stop time, leave it exactly where it was, he would look at her smiling face forever.
♠ ♠ ♠
Things that happen when I make my characters into romantics