Only Say My Name

her

Of course she came back, but it wasn’t like all the other times. For instance, she usually had cooled off by the time she returned, but this time anger still boiled in her veins. He had taken it too far this time.

She crawled into bed with him when she returned, as usual. He kissed her, pulled her close, told her he loved her, told her he was sorry. All the same. She had heard it all before.

She let him fuck her where just hours before he had been trying to do the same with a different woman. Fuel to the fire.

He lay in a sleepy haze and she hovered over him, the morning light streaming in behind her, creating shadows on his face. She smiled, couldn’t wait to see the look on his face when she showed him what happened when you fucked with her too many times.

She leaned in, closing the gap between them, pressing her lips to his. He breathed in deeply, stealing the breath from her lungs just like he stole everything else from her—her sanity, freedom, happiness. His last breath. Let him savor it.

She pulled away slowly, his fingers dragging through her hair, catching on knots.

“I love you,” he whispered. She smiled, staring into his eyes, so he’d know she means what she says next.

“I hope you go to hell.”