‹ Prequel: +
Sequel: Ten Years
Status: Complete.

Terrible Twos

Terrible Twos

Two years had gone by since the birth of their clones, but to Sidney and Brielle, it seemed like only days.

The party was only days away and most of their friends had flown in, Marc and Vee already with them for the entire week previous. If it was at all possible, Veronique was more excited about the party than Mr. and Mrs. Crosby.

On the morning of the party, while the girls were in the kitchen getting the food prepped to be cooked later that afternoon, the guys and toddlers were in the backyard.

"Vee's pregnant," Marc said to his friend. "She doesn't want to ruin the party for Elle, so she doesn't want to tell her yet," he continued.

"Congratulations, man," Sidney spoke, happy for his teammate.

"She's been so baby crazy lately. I knew that look in her eyes since Junior and Serena were born, so I figured that it was time. We've been trying for awhile, but she just found out this morning. You can't say anything to Elle until after the party or I'm sleeping on the floor."

"Got it," Sidney laughed. "There's no guarantee that she won't figure out that I'm hiding something from her, though. If she figures that out, then your secret isn't safe."

When the party was over and the twins were put to bed, Marc, Vee, Sidney, and Brielle were relaxing in the backyard after everything was cleaned up and put away. "I need a glass of wine after that," Brielle spoke. "You boys want a beer?" she asked. Both men nodded their heads, so the girl stood up and left the group for a few minutes.

When she came back, Brielle had two cold beers tucked in her arm and a glass of wine in each of her hands. Sidney grabbed the bottles, handing one to Marc, then smiled knowing that their friend was about to reject the glass of wine that his wife had poured for her.

And, she did exactly that when Brielle handed her the glass. "No, thank you."

"Vee, come on. We both had a really long day today. You and I both know you need a treat after to—," Brielle started. "Oh, my, gosh," she said, pausing momentarily between her words for emphasis. "You're pregnant."



After spending the entire day together, sans children, Brielle and Sidney figured that Marc and Vee at least deserved to have dinner without the twins.

They knocked on their friends' front door and waited for someone to answer. They heard both of their children screaming on the other side and knew that today was a bad day for them. That meant that Vee and Marc were probably at their limits and would probably beg their friends to take their children back.

When the door opened, Veronique was standing there with Serena on her hip. "Come here, baby girl," Sidney said, holding his arms out for the little girl. "Take her," Veronique spoke, sounding exhausted.

"How is my little niece or nephew?" Brielle asked, putting her hand on her best friend's swollen belly.

"I'm pretty sure I'm going to keep it in there until it's three. I love the twins, but I can't deal with them today," Vee admitted.

"Welcome to the terrible twos, Vee. We deal with this every day and you will too when your baby is old enough to drive you insane," Sidney admitted.

"I don't know how to guys do it," Marc said, bringing over another screaming toddler.

"Ear plugs, mostly," Brielle laughed, holding her arms out for her son.

"If I put those on the baby registry, do you think anyone will gift them?" Marc laughed.

"We would," Brielle answered. "Come on, Sid. Let's get their things and let Marc and Vee relax. They need it after being with these two all day."
♠ ♠ ♠
So, I ended up writing this where Marc and Veronique ended up being the focus instead. I don't really remember how that happened, but it did. Though, I did end it to where Marc and Vee were exhausted by the twins, so I guess that's half of my intended goal. xD

xoxo,
Codie