Disenchanted Teenagers

Locker boy

Kiera won the bet. She had two days detention. Erik was given an apology and Austin didn't get anything. Figures.

So she went to the assigned room after school. She sat down at a table and got out her notebook to sketch. She was about to go back to one she was becoming quite proud of when a boy sat down next to her and leaned in to check out her work.

"Hey that's really good." He said.

Kiera looked over at him. She gave a start when she realized he was one of the boys who were sitting with Gerard at lunch. He had a definite grungy, punk look to him with black hair that was short on one side, longer on the other and spiked in the back. He also had tattoos on his neck and fingers.

"Um…thanks. It's not finished yet though."

"Well then it's gonna be really, really, really good when your done."

Kiera laughed.

The boy stared at her, a contemplative look across his face.

"What?" She finally asked.

"I just can't believe that such a tiny little chick took down that big, big asshole at lunch today."

Kiera snorted. "It's a bad habit of mine."

"Really? Like, really?"

"Yup, like really. I don't like assholes. So I beat 'em up."

"Cool. Uhh…you're not gonna beat me up are you?"

"Naw, you're cool. What's your name anyway?"

"Frank. Frank Iero."

"I'm Kiera Thomas. So what'd you do to get in here?"

He chuckled. "My friend Mikey helped lock me into this girl's locker, and then when she opened it I jumped out at her and freaked her out. It was great!" They both burst out laughing.

Kiera didn't even notice detention going by. She and Frank got along famously as the swapped stories and jokes. It was time to go in a snap of her fingers. They continued talking as they walked out of the school together, laughing the whole way. Then, all of a sudden, a guy with messy brown hair and glasses pounced on Frank getting him in a headlock.

"Hey, Frankie! How was detention?" Messy hair asked.

"Fun! I got to talk to the jock beater over here." Frank replied pointing in the rough vicinity of Kiera since he couldn't actually see her at the moment.

"That so?" Messy hair glanced over at her. He let go of Frank and held out a hand.

"I'm Mikey." Kiera shook his hand.

"Ahh…the partner in crime. I'm Kiera."

Mikey looked over at Frank. "Tattle tale!" He accused, pointing his finger.

Frank just shrugged and said, "I had to have someone to lock me in."

"True, true. But you could have told her it was Gee. He's just as likely."

"But it wasn't him." Frank pointed out.

"Uhh, who's Gee?" Kiera interrupted what looked like the start of an argument.

"My older brother, Gerard." Mikey replied.

"Gerard Way?"

"Yeah…how'd you know that?"

Kiera laughed. "I sit next to him in English. Never talked to him…actually I don't think I've ever heard him speak, but I do tend to sketch in English and I don't know what's going on around me when I'm in the zone."

"He doesn't really talk until he knows you a little. Kinda shy, ya know? Also most people in this school are assholes and who wants to talk to assholes?"

"So I'll know I'm not an asshole if he talks to me?"

"Pretty much. That reminds me, he's waiting out in the lot for us, Frank."

Frank laughed, "He has to hate being the only one with a car. Hey, Kiera, you got a ride?"

"Nah, I have to walk home."

"Gee'll take you home. Or you could hang out with us."

"I'm not doing anything, but shouldn't you ask Gerard first?"

"Nah. It's settled then. Come on!" He looped Kiera's arm in his and tugged her along.