Drowning

II

"Regulus," Sirius grinned as he saw Regulus entering his compartment. "I'm guessing you've already seen him, uh?"

"You knew," he fumed, pointing his finger at Sirius and ignoring the rest of the Marauders piled up around him. "You bloody knew, didn't you?"

"How the hell would I know?" Sirius gave a little frown. "I thought you'd be happy to be reunited with your little pureblood friend."

"He is not my friend!" Regulus snapped. "He's a pest!"

"A pest? What did he ever do?" Sirius laughed until Regulus looked away, a muscle moving on his jaw. For a moment, Sirius had a smile frozen on his lips. Then the moment was over and the Gryffindor stood and grasped his brother's arm, carrying him away from the compartment after he closed the door. "Regulus, does this have to do with... that thing we talked about a few years ago?"

"Sirius..." Regulus could never lie to his brother. God, he never could.

"Reggie," Sirius took a deep breath. "I am your brother, no matter if I am a Gryffindor or a Hufflepuff. These things? You can trust me. It's okay to... to like a blok -"

"I don't!" he hissed back, feeling sweat pool on the back of his neck. "He was the one who kissed me, you saw it!"

"You didn't pull away," Sirius raised his eyebrows, still speaking in the same hushed voice as his younger brother.

"I was nine!"

"It still means something!" Sirius took both his shoulders and looked at the same grey, swirling pools that he had himself. Just like a mirror. He felt slightly sick. "Look, Reggie, you know I don't care. But mom and dad? They will beat it out of you. You can't let Elías get to your head. He's betrothed, and I'm sure he's grown out of it."

"H-he hasn't," brushing his brother off himself, Regulus tried to control his heating face. "That kind of thing doesn't go away, Sirius."

"Godric's balls," Sirius rubbed his face, looking around to make sure there was no one that could hear them. "Okay, you do... whatever you think it's best. Just don't let him get to you, alright? I know you're a guy, and well, you're my brother. I'm guessing you want to shag the bloody fuck out of him."

The shade Regulus' face turned was enough to send Sirius into a fit of giggles. Embarrassed and humilliated, Regulus snapped and shoved Sirius into one of the walls of the train, shutting him up as soon as his back hit metal. Much to Regulus' satisfaction, he'd reached the same height as Sirius' over the summer.

"This is no laughing matter," he hissed, finally feeling like a powerful, dark wizard for once in his life. "I have one chance to finish what you couldn't, brother, and I will not let some petty little thing such as being a bloody poof get in my way. I will make the Dark Lord proud, just as I have made mother and father proud."

Sirius froze, eyes widening and snapping to Regulus' left arm, which was keeping him put against the wall, right over his chest.

"Reggie, what did you do?" he whispered.

"Alright, break it up!" a voice startled them both, and soon Sirius was looking at Lily and her Head Girl badge. She had her hands over her hips and big, fat frown like the one she wore for their entire fifth year. "What's going on here?"

"Nothing," Regulus breathed out, taking a step back. "Absolutely nothing."

He walked away, stomping towards the back of the train. Lily was quick to grasp Sirius' elbow softly, trying to make him stare away from his brother and into her eyes.

"Sirius?" she asked, hesitant. "Are you alright?"

"Yes," he croaked distractedly, feeling his heart shrink just a little bit more. "Yes, Lily, it's fine."

***

"Well, how are you liking Britain so far, Elías?" Romulus Nott looked at him with simple curiosity, eying Lyssandra and how she clung to his arm as if she were already in love with him. Elías bared it, because he knew this woman was to be his wife, and she did not seem so bad as he'd fist thought.

"I've been quite a couple times here, actually," the Spaniard said. "Often to the Blacks. Surely you have not heard of me - Regulus and I were, after all, nine years old when we last met."

"But you are the main family in Spain," Phillip Carrow grinned. "I know your family, Elías López. Your brother is working with my twin siblings in Australia. Nice bloke, really."

"Glad to hear so," Elías knew intimidation when he saw it. But when it came to Britain, he was slightly lost. 

Doing what he knew best, Elías pulled his arm from Lyssandra's grip, placing it behind her, and occupied most of what he could in the little comptartment. He was taller, smarter, he was handsome, and he knew he had far more power than Phillip Carrow, Romulus Nott, Lionel Flint or Gino Rosier could ever hope to have. 

"How is your mother doing, Phillip?" Elías cocked an eyebrow, smirking when the Slytherin winced.

"Still in St. Mungo," he sighed.

"Yes, what a terrible accident that one," he pulled Lyssandra closer, her hand quickly moving to his chest. He ignored the urge to slap it away. "My sister Iris is a brilliant healer. If you'd like, I could ask her if she could give your mother a bit of help."

"Oh, please," bowing his head was a good sign - now Elías could ease himself into a higher position. "I wouldn't want to bother your siblings."

The compartment opened, and inside walked a ruffled Regulus. Elías watched him with interest, wondering where he'd been and whether he was going to be in the same house as the youngest Black.

"Do you play Quidditch, Elías?" Lyssandra looked atthe Spaniard and batted her eyelashes, biting her lower lip. The only reason Elías realized it was supposed to be attractive was because Nott seemed to be having trouble looking away from his fianceè.

"As a matter of fact, I do," he smiled charmingly and she grinned. Now she truly looked pretty, not with a pout. "I'm a chaser."

"Oh, how wonderful," Lyssandra giggled and cuddled closer to him. Elías smirked and looked to the window as he heard the sharp intake of breath Regulus took. "You will try out for the Quidditch team, then?"

"Sure," he shrugged. He suddenly missed his book, back in Sirius' compartment. With a sigh, he wrapped his arm around Lyssandra's waist and hoisted her up as he stood. She squealed, grasping him tightly, and he couldn't help but laugh at her scare. "Sorry, fermosa, I have to go and change into my robes. Wait for me before the train stops?"

"Of course," she pressed her lips against his cheek, near the corner of his mouth, and he remembered for a moment the very first time Andrew had done so. Holding back a grimace, Elías gave one last smirk at Regulus before he left the compartment.

"I like him," Rosier shrugged, lounging against the window. "He's fun."

"He's perfect," Lyssandra sighed.

"He's a López," Regulus looked to the window, watching the clouds fly by. "Nothing more."
♠ ♠ ♠
Second chapter up and Regulus talks a bit more!